Discovery Gaming Community
Remember Me? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Remember Me? (/showthread.php?tid=129541)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remember Me? - Kauket - 05-18-2015

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 05-20-2015

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 06-03-2015

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 11-14-2015

ENTRY: Research vessel | Unknown Cloaking Reactors - PART 1

DATE: 25|05|822 A.S

I've been coming across a certain vessel named the Sirens.Bell - what has interested me the most - is the technology it uses. It appeared to use some kind of modified cloaking reactor, yet the Eidolon kept picking up on traces of "nomadic" materials coming from it. I was hoping to get some information about it - the cloaking reactor on Eidolon might start going funny in the near future - I gotta look into the voltage flow of the system - Guh, if only Richards knew more about this kind of stuff. I really need to learn a bit more about the advanced mechanics of the systems before I tweaking it again.

This is the first encounter from patrolling on the Eidolon.

The pilot - Tara Snow, certainly seemed like an interesting individual - They certainly had some interesting views about the local area and on some certain topics - but that's irrelevent to my log anyway. They mentioned they used Azurite in their works with the Cloaking systems. At first - this was weird to me as I originally had thought Azurite was just another resource used in lesser commodities and the mining industry. Though, I could have got more information during this first encounter but unfortunately that weirdo killer virus vessel came back to Delta, so I had to investigate that before anyone else came to harm. Meh.

The Eidolon did try to get a deep scan but unfortunately the plating from the ship resisted it - and the Azurite elements just absorbed our our radiowaves, thus rendering the deep scanning process a bit useless.

SITUATION OVERVIEW Wrote:
NEW PILOT DATA
Pilot data: Tara Snow
Notes:
Has a brother. Doesn't like being bothered too much. "Is just the strategist"

-Vessel Sirens.Bell doesn't seem to intend harm - Probably should let them through. Other Core ships might pick on them though, humm.

-Azurite is used in Cloaking mechanics?
I feel like as if I should go out and learn more about this Azurite, but, sadly, it is an expensive resource to obtain. Though, I really gotta sort out my journal book sometime. I lost some pages. Holy crap.

ENTRY: Erik Nodtviet|Invited to the Anassi

DATE: 21|05|822 A.S

After coming back from a raid with Carter into Omicron Mu, we started to talk while returning to Omicron Delta. Topic was about Carter though, and his uncontrollable anger issues that he has. Though, interestingly, he mentioned about some female. I could only assume that was a friend of his.

So I daringly asked about it, and he proceeded to open up his life story a bit to me. Though, I always thought there was something inside him that was... a dark note? Interesting though. What was more fascinating was that Carter was originally with these 'Core rebels' - I should really investigate into that more, I don't like the sound of that. Especially with someone who is my, well, friend. He seems like a fascinating individual, really didn't expect him to open up like that. Poor guy.

Anyway. I started to tell a bit about my life to him, in return. Though, interesting to know that Nauru has some kind of city on there, Athenia City. He offered to take me and other pilots available to go checkout the area on the next dropship that is available. Annoyingly, he still goes on with that same joke, I wonder how many times he can say it before getting bored? Though, I'll laugh my tits off if he is actually thinking that those are his only 'pick up' lines. Besides the joke, we went ahead and pounded some Gunboat sized Nomad which ran off to Kappa.

Then we went back to Delta. Oh well. I was wondering how I could upgrade my side arm, was thinking of doing a trip to Rheinland, I hear those energy cells are pretty rad for power usage in laser weaponry. But uhh, he kind of invited me to his vessel, the Anassi.

Ah well. I guess if I go missing, at least the book will know where I last went, hahah!

ENTRY: Research vessel Sirens Bell | Unknown Cloaking Reactors - PART 2

DATE: 31|05|822 A.S

So we came across the Sirens Bell in Delta again. It apparently isn't quite a heavily modified cloaking reactor? Which sounded awfully weird. I'm beginning to feel extremely suspicious of these people. Those weird signals were detected yet again upon it, and the pilots don't feel the need to share what or why it happens. That troublesome twat of a Cretinous fluffend came back yet again.

So we killed the idiot and moved on. Also. Cha-ching, winner shot. I'm so good, heheh. But man, Centurions are stupidly smaller than I remember. Eh. Oh well.

Then we went over to Tuvalu and initiated our conversation and investigation there. I decided to play “good cop and bad cop” behind Erik's back. Proved somewhat fruitful. Though, those secondary fleet pilots were really annoying with their uncontrollable manners, shooting everywhere, just generally being dolts. So the conversation switched over to another girlie called Rachel Snow, according to what the previous pilot, Jessica Snow, says – that Rachel is more of the 'brains' compared to her. Though the interesting component of the discussion was these stated parts of the 'anatomy' of the said reactor. Dunno though, Erik was a bit tough on this one, but I guess it's part of the duty.

QUOTING AUDIO Wrote:[31.05.2015 22:14:53] Sirens.Bell: R: Power source. Radiation absorbant wall. Inductance coils. Magnetism manipulation systems. A few metric craptons of-
[31.05.2015 22:15:03] Sirens.Bell: semiconductors, and a specially treated hull.
[31.05.2015 22:16:36] Sirens.Bell: R: Classified by the Ingenuus. We'll release a patent eventually.
[31.05.2015 22:17:06] Sirens.Bell: R: Treated? Yes. Azurite has a nasty tendancy to attach to things, changing the structure. While it normally only works on-
[31.05.2015 22:17:20] Sirens.Bell: odd forms of matter such as plasma, when it's exposed around a solid for long enough, it does tend to corrode. Especially if-

This encounter is a goldmine of information about this subject. It's really intrigues me, hey, maybe I could even look into the Eidolon's reactor more? Hm. I decided to let the subject go, by paying the fine for them. I hope in the future, that destiny will link our path once again.

Though, she sent me a brief secure communication before leaving, as the audio mentions...

SPECS Wrote:[31.05.2015 23:15:42] Sirens.Bell: R: Directional radiated energy. Replacable inductance rods. Azurite failsaves, paired with the legitimate-
[31.05.2015 23:16:14] Sirens.Bell: generator being driven by a seperate line off-paired. Come outside of the Core, i'll explain things if you're interested.
[31.05.2015 23:16:25] Sirens.Bell: If not, I wish I could have been around you more.
[31.05.2015 23:17:08] Core|Sapphire.Raven*: Perhaps in the future - I need to go speak with others. Can't seem too "suspicious" in their eyes. Blergh. Guildkeeper life.
[31.05.2015 23:17:35] Sirens.Bell: R: Do what's right in your belief. Not what you must do. Until next time..
[31.05.2015 23:17:37] Sirens.Bell: -connection cuts-

I denied it for now, due to the annoying duties I have to partake in. Not to mention, I still feel a bit iffy about them. Ah well. Until next time then.

ENTRY: Order Meetup in Chugoku

DATE: 09|06|822 A.S

[Image: l46ZOFP.png]

Encountering some vessels in Tohoku system – as I was proceeding to investigate the local area out of curiosity, granted, the Guildmaster would rip my metaphorical balls off if he knew I ran off duty briefly, but I was still curious.

Appearing so, a Kusari Battleship is seen trying to hunt a Nomadic Guardian, or what I would assume be one. Geez, the noise that occurred in my mind, disturbing.

Being detected while on stealth mode, I went ahead and took a sneak peak into a system namely Chugoku, that system being the home of the Dragons, I guess. I was instantly seen by some vessel and was stalked to kingdom come.

[Image: jSIHIkN.png]

Hah, so I strolled upon a meeting of theirs, played my minxy mode, and well. I guess it didn't turn out how I wanted. Though. Really curious to see what it would be like to see from the eyes of the Order – why they act like such, and for what? Heh, guess we'll never know. Only speculation will grow within the soils of our curiosity. Must have been a very important meeting too, considering I had like two gunboats and all their snubcraft right at me. Eh. I still find it weird how that Dragon randomly... stopped shooting, humm.

Then again, I was in Chugoku. In a Rainbow Sabre. Trying to talk sense into the Admiral of the Order. Holy hells bells girl, get a grip. Even a flamboyant cucumber at a pineapple's bachelor rodeo contest celebration would do more sense than me right now.

Though, he did send me a quirky private communication. So I gave him a quirky answer back.

QUIRKY MESSAGE Wrote:[09.06.2015 22:27:45] Order|Michal.Golanski: You will be well advised to question the world around you, including agenda of your leaders... *signal fades*
[09.06.2015 22:30:18] Core|Sapphire.Raven*: [[A Quote is printed: The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness]]
[09.06.2015 22:30:21] Core|Sapphire.Raven*: [[STATIC]]

Although... There was this ominous... Sabre, it had the callsign of Angela.Corino - and it didn't 'appear' to have guns...

[Image: 2FsvUkn.png]

Oh yes. I remember this one. From that raid we had on the Outcasts - it decloaked and helped out alongside a Nammu. Hmph. Must be a spectre. Weird how it was there while the Order were in the Dragon’s system, probably spying on them? Spooky. They're everywhere.

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 11-15-2015

ENTRY: Intruded mind – Return of the Anxiety attacks

DATE: 24|05|822 A.S

God... today was just... no...
This is impossible. Irregardless of some creature's beyond superiority complex of mind manipulation, how is this possible?!
[Image: ceFsZHf.png]
One of my darker secrets, one of my... shrouded memories that were locked in an eternal state of void, a complete deniability, has arisen from said state back into a plaguing existence upon my soul. Should anyone know of the secret, I will just have to... end myself. It is a massive incursion upon my honorary codes, and damn... damn those things, those... creatures. Damn it all. I can't help but feel anxious of it's recovery, of course, now, those damn shivery-bivery sessions of anxiety is back to plague me. This is beyond bad, I cannot even fathom how terrible I would be to even mention it in this log.

I feel as if my mind is going to collapse around me, it's going to take some time to heal...

Urgh... Relevant-but-irrelevant blackbox logs attached. I don't know what to hell Nodtviet was talking to, probably that creature making images in his mind

Whatever. We returned to the Freeport, as the creature vanished into the depths of the void again. I gave Guildmaster Nodtviet a little notice of my mind's incursion, but oh no, he 'just wishes the utmost best of his subordinates' – Right?! Right. Because that's absolutely hilarious, he never cares about anyone. Ever. I feel like a fluffin' tool…

Urgh.

He had better things to do, seriously, now he's going to come barge on the Eidolon to spout his little crappy speeches. I guess. I'll just take a quick shower then head off to the training room, I suppose a little violence will clear my mind and help me focus. Fluffing anxiety though. I- I … I can't focus. It's too noisy like a noise of screetching metal, the room like if it's impacting on me, crushing me like a grape. A-ahh, training room it is then...

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 11-15-2015

ENTRY: New Era

DATE: 15|11|822 A.S

Where to start, where to start…

I think it would be for the best if I relocate some older pages within this book to another, safer, location. I’ll keep the pages within my safe. Backed up some data onto my personal neural-network, cannot let anyone know about the Core and it’s detail. Might be useful blackmail information for later, should they turn, hmm… uncooperative.

I downloaded some of their databases on Durban, while I was temporarily the Guildmaster of the Core. I’ve always been a bit suspicious of their true intent, so it came to me as no surprise of their true goals.

Most of the data has been backed up on the Eidolon, so only I can access it. Most of the important data is guarded by multiple passwords, bio scans, voice scans and even using physical objects that have to be scanned in a sequenced order.

Before the ‘oh ever so great ionstorm’, most of the crew went into Cryostasis while ERIDIAN took care of the transverse from Delta to Coronado. We already took off the connection to the Core Network, so they shouldn’t be able to track us. Though, ERIDIAN took a little gander towards Kansas before waking us up, ‘they’ seemed to have encountered that Maltese girl who was looking to join the Core, Enma Loyola. After reviewing some of the encounter, it appears that she did get in the Core after all, hm.

[Image: XiaYLdt.png]

Ever since our awakening upon the Eidolon, it’s obvious to us that change is in order. We need to find a direct source of funding and resources, lest it be turning to recycling, destroying others, or even blackmailing. Survival is a must. The directive of the Eidolon is to stay within the shadows, hidden from the public morale of Humanity. Most of the training, research, and any on-going missions shall occur on there. Once we finish setting up the automated systems and organising the ‘public’ sectors of the vessel, I shall order a set of crew to go out and live their daily life as a supposed civilian. In reality, they shall be gathering fundings for us, getting any sort of information, or finding any useful resource, and bringing it back to the Eidolon.

Naturally, the vessel will need some kind of defence, so we’re only sending out ten people maximum to venture out into this universe. Should any of us need to carry out an operation within ‘Core’ standards, we will go into incognito. Usage of Code Names or facade names is preferable.

Although that we’re not really part of the Core, we still -somewhat- have the same modus operandi. but we need to adapt to a newer, stealthier strategy. We have brought some APM tech with us to help combat the Nomads and the Wild, and to bail out any blackmarket Nomad remains dealer that we can catch. Open the Eidolon, there are spare vessels docked for any mission that we require.

Concerning the black market dealers, if we manage to take their loot, it can provide some good income for us, and not to mention, some valuable resource for the research labs on the Eidolon.

I’ll go ask around on the vessel, see if anyone is up for this occupation. Might need to spread people out across the houses, who knows. I hope Chris’ will be able to go with me.

Or maybe not, probably better if I go alone now that I think about it actually.

I’m going to head off today as a freelancing pilot, see what I can find myself within this universe.

Quote:
Attaching Data: Notes for Pilots

You have been selected for our independent initiative protocol.
During this initiation, you are expected to constantly keep incognito, loyal to us and vigilant of your surroundings. You shall always respond to the current Keeper of the Eidolon, who is currently Saffir Raven.

Your objectives include:

-Obtaining any information
Including but not limited to: Geographical data, faction information, any trace on alien tech dealers, etc.

-Gathering fundings
This can mean through means of doing mercenary work, assassination, getting a temporary job, blackmailing, etc. (And with supreme caution, piracy. Do not attempt this under any circumstance unless you know that there is no bystanders, or if you are not in house space.)

-Collecting resources.
Find out any reliable link of resource, such as refuelling points, suppliers, places to obtain illegitimate substances such as Cardamine, etc.

-Staying incognito.
Do not let anyone know you are with us. You are effectively reborn as a new person. We do not need trouble, or anyone interfering with our plans, so don’t go looking for trouble.

-Finding anything about the Slomon K’Hara and any alien technology
This is our ultimate. We wish for the best of Humanity. We need to develop as a species if we are to survive the inevitable hostility of the Nomads.

Well, that's the hand out.

Anyway.

The Eidolon won’t stay within the Independant Worlds for long, or at least until we sort out the stockade and the engine upgrade. I feel like the Hellfire can provide some kind of resource to us in Liberty, perhaps we could find out if they’ll cater to our problem by allowing access to their shipyards? Or maybe even the Colonials? Maybe even the Zoners in Baffin might suffice? Unsure. I should take this up with the others.

RE: Remember Me? - Kauket - 11-20-2015

ENTRY: Casual Stroll
DATE: 16|11|822 A.S

Flight started off when I departed from the Eidolon and refuelled at Barrier Gate station. Everything was surprisingly quiet there, to be honest. Though, there was some shifty characters in the bar when I grabbed a quick drink while my ship was being refilled, I think some of them were part of that ‘Cardi route. Blergh. Smugglers. Irrelevant to me anyway.

The atmosphere around me felt tense and impure, I couldn’t stay there any longer. That place has some bad auras, I could sense that someone was almost planning to jump me. Took a drink to go, so I hopped in with it in the cockpit. Sealable drinks are a godsend.

Went to check out Cortez, I ran into Hans on the way to Curacao, was a relatively nice surprise. We had a small chat before parting ways. Seems like he had other people to be with in Liberty. Although, during our conversation, I saw some Freelancer vessel that had the callsign of “Klepto” - Who also appeared to be hauling Artifacts. Probably should watch out for this one in the future, as I really didn’t get the chance to… apprehend him, due to people being present as evidence.

Travelled onward to Liberty to recover my Roc that I left parked on Manhattan. Hell, I’m surprised it hasn’t got vandalised or stolen from that garage that I left it in. I guess my buddy has been busy recently? Who knows.

Went in, found out he wasn’t home. Weird. Either way, I grabbed my ship and set out to the hell that is Liberty Space. I undocked only to find out that there was some kind of Outcast squad raiding with some Rogues, so I offered out my help to the Bounty Hunters who appeared to desire assistance.

None of these were a challenge for me, but, it’s interesting to see how piloting skills differentiate between the houses. So, in the end, I ended up attacking some Scylla, and then an Outcast Gunship. Suffice to say, they did not survive.

Anyway.

I took the bomber back to the Eidolon, and took some Zoner shuttle back to Manhattan. Was quite boring. Nothing notable to mention. Took a trip to Kusari and met some Naval officers with a strong sense of Xenophobia. Kusari really has degraded itself, hmph. Bumped into Sanae again, though she seems less than pleased to meet me. Oh well? Nothing of interest in Kusari, besides the beautiful natural formations there, ruined by Humanity.

Started exploring around in Frankfurt and found myself in that Luneburg place. Huh. I remember when we took a Core patrol there when that anomaly opened up, eh. Decided to take a sneak peak near the Omicron Rho jump hole to see if they actually secured it up. Jumped through to find out that it was quite… vacant. Weird. I immediately turned around and left for Frankfurt again. However, I ran into some BDM| vessel that was headed to Omicron Rho, but it seemed rather vacuous to my hails. Strange. Probably has orders to ignore me.

I pestered around Rheinland before finding myself in Omega-11, witnessing some kind of brawl between Hessians, Daumann and the Rheinland Military. The Daumann requested my assistance, initially, I overlooked it due to the sheer force that was present, but little to my knowledge, a greater force of Hessians was beginning to assemble to provide cover for the engaged assets. Either way, I joined in and assisted the pilots in escaping. I had to bail out myself due to the Hessians overwhelming us, but, I received some payment from the pilot mid-fight.

Though, there was something interesting to note during the fight. Before I left, I glimpsed some Order vessel on my radar who was spectating the fight. It appears to be some kind of medical shuttle by the call sign of “Bastet’s.Care” - My scanners could only detect medical and emergency supplies onboard that vessel. Most likely for the fallen Hessians, which wouldn’t surprise me. Afterall, I remember the time Hessians went to Delta to recon against the Core, admitting their friendship to the Order. Pffh.

Oh well. After scuttling off for repairs and restocking, I went for a good ol’ Bratty on Baden Baden. Those buns though. Quite the nostalgic trip I’d say, it surely seems like the meat quality is getting better… I hope I didn’t eat synth crap either.

After taking a lengthy break by doing even more travelling (!) I discovered that there was some Daumann transport pilots who wanted an escort. Long story short, it was quiet as heck and we went from Omega-3 to New Berlin, to Omega-11, to New London, to Munich, then to outer-Sirius, to a place called Gallia. Oh yes. Gallia. That place.

Gallia was… very different. I sensed the aura of the place, it felt… like a bubble of consternation, of pure perturbation. Gallia is such a bloodthirsty house, it’s inevitably going to lose and crumble under their own blindness. Though, I’m intrigued, how did they become such a pseudo-powerful nation? Was it development in the darkness? Who knows. I feel inclined to explore this new universe.

When the convoy was done depositing ore, we headed back to Rishiri, to go to Nagano. Oh Nagano, it has been quite some time. Such a peaceful place.

Spending little time there, we soon picked up haste and headed off to Rheinland. Jesus, such a quiet route though. Either way, they ended up in New Berlin and had to stop for a rest, and to apparently deal with some kind of internal matter? Though, some IMG mining vessel came up and started to deliberately annoy my contractor, and even attempted to shoot him. I gave him a ‘friendly’ warning to stop. He ignored. And then started to challenge me to kill him, pathetically trying to threaten me, so I accepted his wish and forever numbed him of any pain. He asked for it. Like, see, if someone says “kill me” - I will kill them. Unless there’s a good reason not to, say, if they were demented civilians. Primitive fools.

Oh well. All in all, I accumulated fundings for myself, a grand total of ₺80,000,000 from these escortings. Not bad, especially for a quiet journey I suppose. They paid me in Rishiri, Omega 7, and the return trip to Omega-3

I practically ended my contract and went back to ditzying about in Northern Rheinland, trying to discover any potential wormhole locations. Interestingly, I bumped into the Congress, who were smuggling Cardamine. Suffice to say, they failed my little experiment, so I ended up reporting them to the Rheinland Police.

It was interesting to see them cooperating with the supposedly corrupt Liberty Police, especially the part where the Congress say they retrieve Cardamine from deep space of Rheinland - right? Yeah? And the fact they ‘found’ it on a ship wreckage, and found enough to supply THREE full transports, and then they bring to Liberty to “dispose” of it with the Liberty Lawfuls? What? That it involved a supposed Liberty Corp outside of Liberty? Yeah, okay.

I mean, if that wasn’t blatant backdoor agreements, I don’t know what is. I suppose I had my amusement with the automation systems black marking one of their vessels as a smuggler.

Whatever. I started to go back to the Eidolon to end my day, then one of those Junker underlings started to contact me, with the old “brush under the carpet” tactic. He gave me ₺20,000,000 credits in order to subtly make me shut up. Had they initially responded and met with my… expectations, we wouldn’t have had this scenario. Either way, this outcome basically proves to me that Liberty is a trash place full of trash people.

All in all, to summon up the day, I suppose travelling around as a Freelancer isn’t as bad, but it is bad for productivity, despite earning one hundred million credits. Should I need to explore this universe more, than I shall do so in an incognito manner. As such, I changed the display protocol on my vessel. Should be good. Ah well. Time to turn on the radio and lay back in bed…

Oh christ, it’s this song.