Discovery Gaming Community
Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. (/showthread.php?tid=129850)

Pages: 1 2

Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Quetz - 05-26-2015

I've been messing around with my moderately customized FL lately. But i stumbled across a few low quality textures which rekt the beauty of their models. I need to increase these textures' quality without having to recreate the textures themselves from the scratch. It's like FaguAegeis' ships retexture, but with different ships in mind(not FL's original).

Please provide me ways to overcome this problem.
A detailed way or links to it will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Echo 7-7 - 05-26-2015

You might like to try this. Remove the .flmod from the file name and it'll unpack as a regular .zip file.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-26-2015

Is it any good Echo? o_O

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Quetz - 05-26-2015

@Echo 7-7, I already have the stuff you mentioned. It's really good tbh.
What i actually need is how to make those detailed texture. Maybe it's something related to photoshop.. But i don't have any experience in it. So, the main question is how to edit the mentioned low quality texture into detailed one in photoshop(or something else?)
Btw thank you.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Echo 7-7 - 05-27-2015

(05-26-2015, 10:19 PM)Snake Wrote: Is it any good Echo? o_O

It's quite good - just be aware that it's not allowed on Discovery, mainly because there can be texture conflicts that cause errors on non-vanilla ships/models. It was originally intended for vanilla Freelancer.

(05-26-2015, 11:54 PM)Shrapnel Wrote: @Echo 7-7, I already have the stuff you mentioned. It's really good tbh.
What i actually need is how to make those detailed texture. Maybe it's something related to photoshop.. But i don't have any experience in it. So, the main question is how to edit the mentioned low quality texture into detailed one in photoshop(or something else?)
Btw thank you.

In that case, unfortunately I can't help you - I don't know much about actually creating textures. An image editing tool like photoshop will definitely help you, though.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Unlucky_Soul - 05-28-2015

(05-26-2015, 11:54 PM)Shrapnel Wrote: @Echo 7-7, I already have the stuff you mentioned. It's really good tbh.
Btw thank you.

One thing you can do is change the resolution of the textures. The textures in Freelancer has like 75 pixels per inch. In Photoshop you can change the resolution to whatever resolution you want. This will increase the memory the picture occupies. Best have it not more than 300. The image size will however remain the same. This improves the looks while it is on the model.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Quetz - 05-28-2015

Sounds like image resampling to me.. But i haven't tried to resample the texture, though. It's really worth to try, i guess. Btw i'll try your advice once i can get myself a Photoshop. And thank you.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Euca - 05-28-2015

(05-26-2015, 03:40 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: You might like to try this. Remove the .flmod from the file name and it'll unpack as a regular .zip file.

Will the server ban us for using this with Disco?

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - DragonRider - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 11:17 AM)Wulverine Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 03:40 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: You might like to try this. Remove the .flmod from the file name and it'll unpack as a regular .zip file.

Will the server ban us for using this with Disco?

It won't. I have tested it.

RE: Please Help Me to Increase the Quality of Ship's Texture. - Foochow - 05-28-2015

You would need a experienced Photoshop designer who would re-texture the ship textures, I never tried it even if I work with Photoshop but whoever would do it, he/she would need to draw the whole texture in higher definition from beginning.