Discovery Gaming Community
Mining Help - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Mining Help (/showthread.php?tid=129919)

Pages: 1 2

Mining Help - Hardwater - 05-28-2015

What is the restart command to get the mining ship now? I tried /restart miner but it doesnt work anymore.

Cheers in advance for the help

RE: Mining Help - Smithy - 05-28-2015

It depends on what you want to mine. Type /showrestarts to see a list of factions you can choose from. For gas mining you'll need a GMG ship & ID. For premium scrap a Junker ID & ship, minerals will need BMM or IMG and so on. You need to save up for a Hedgemon, Kamome or Salvager. If you explain what you plan to do you will get better answers than mine.

PS - In case you didn't know, using /restart will reset your character with a new rep sheet, only 25000 credits and a stargazer. Make sure you don't have expensive toys on board.

RE: Mining Help - Shalo - 05-28-2015

i think there isn't a restart for miner id anymore, not sure tho.
Try restarting for one of the mining companys or for Freelancer IFF and then buy a miner ID

RE: Mining Help - Hardwater - 05-28-2015

Ok thats great cheers for the help, I was just interested in seeing how the mining works, this should give me a good starting point!

RE: Mining Help - TheShooter36 - 05-28-2015

miner restart exists. Use restart /beginner and it gives u a miner ID with a sunburst equipped for mining
quite good for combat too Smile

RE: Mining Help - HighHopes - 05-28-2015

Here is a tutorial for mining. You can find here everything you need to start as a miner. Good luck! Big Grin

RE: Mining Help - JohnyWalker - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 03:57 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: miner restart exists. Use restart /beginner and it gives u a miner ID with a sunburst equipped for mining
quite good for combat too Smile

Sorry for correct you TheShooter36 hehehe, the command its "/restart beginner" hehehehe.

Anyway... if you open Y window (full chat) you can check /showrestarts, and you will see all available options.

Just a little mining hint: As more mining arrays, you will get more ores, but you will have less defense. Due you are a simple miner, i suggest to keep only 2 turrets for combat, to stop that NPCs annoying around sometimes, and ALL the rest weapons, Mining Arrays. You will maximize your bonuses.

If I get a Sunburst ship, will that let me mine Premium Scrap? On the mining guide it doesnt mention the Sunburst. Cheers guys!

RE: Mining Help - Fluffyball - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 09:32 PM)Hardwater Wrote: If I get a Sunburst ship, will that let me mine Premium Scrap? On the mining guide it doesnt mention the Sunburst. Cheers guys!

You need CSV, CSF, Wrecker or Salvager + Junker ID for mining Premium Scrap.

I can't remember if Hogosha also have multiplier to that, but ALG has it for sure (can't say which ship allowed it, sadly).

Actually, you can mine in every ship, but you would rather like it to be fast with all these multipliers coming from ID and ship combination.

Cool so is there a restart command that will give me one of those ships? Ive tried afew but they just give me the default Stargazeer ship