Discovery Gaming Community
Moving a base from one system to another (/summon devs) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Moving a base from one system to another (/summon devs) (/showthread.php?tid=129964)

Pages: 1 2

Moving a base from one system to another (/summon devs) - sindroms - 05-29-2015

RE-PURPOSED THREAD

I want to move a base from system A to B.
I copied the old entry and inserted it into the system I want, then deleted the original.

Nothing was changed. You can dock with the base, but it CTD upon undock.
Since I haven't tampered around with bases just yet, I have no idea if there is another entry somewhere apart from the system ini file, where it says where the base is located.

What do?

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - jammi - 05-29-2015

What tool are you using?

Manual via inis, or FL Mod Studio? If not FL Mod Studio, I'd firstly recommend some more trial and error with FL Mod Studio. If that is what you're using, I'll see if I can track down some tutorials for you.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - sindroms - 05-29-2015

Yeah, I am frigging around with FLMS. I need to see how to add them from A to Z.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - jammi - 05-29-2015

From a quick look around, the Starport's not being terribly helpful. The tutorials on there have dead links and are in any case older than FLMS. Unfortunately, the program's own documentation tends to make the assumption you already know what you're doing with it.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - sindroms - 05-29-2015

Yeah, I posted here after looking through the starport. I think I might as well make a thread asking about a more up to date tutorial. Thanks for the help anyway.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - Echo 7-7 - 05-29-2015

Super short version;

Minable asteroid field needs these referencies/entries:
1) actual minable zone in the system INI (the small rocks you actually shoot)
2) asteroid field zone, also in the system INI (the field you're putting the mining zone in)
3) asteroid INI reference in the system INI
4) asteroid INI (needs system appropriate label; has to be placed in /data/solar/asteroids/)

The asteroid INI has a subsection that determines the loot properties of the minable zone.

Off the top of my head the minable zone can be the asteroid field zone too, but it might be eaiser to start off keeping them separate to figure out how they work.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - Auriec - 05-29-2015

In my experience, it is always better to modify the .inis directly to minimise errors the program very rarely creates (and force the game to crash). I personally only use FLMS to figure out exact coordinates and rotation values.

For mining fields, you first need a zone in the system that you want asteroids to spawn in. What lines the zone has is for the most part very irrelevant as the mining itself is dealt with elsewhere. For testing, just give it maybe good enough size and visibility so you can find it.
Property_flags to set how the zone appears on the minimap, for example. The rest is relatively straightforward. Position, size, shape, etc.
Let's call our zone Zone_li01_miningtest

Now on to the important part: Linking the zone to an asteroid field ini.
At the top of the system file, you add a few lines to do so.
Code:
[Asteroids]
file = solar\asteroids\li01_miningtest.ini
zone = Zone_li01_miningtest

To avoid errors like duplicate nicknames throughout several systems and for better overview, it is always better to somehow include the system designation in the nickname. li01 is for New York. You can easily find the nickname out by going into FLCompanion, selecting a system and turning on "Display internal nicknames" in the settings.
The zone and the file do not need the same name, but it's usually better to let them share their name.

Now that we've also linked to an asteroid field, we should create the file at the path we designated. So go into solar\asteroids and create a file called li01_miningtest.ini.
If you skim through other files in that folder, you can see that there is a whole lot that you can add. However, the most important two sections are [DynamicAsteroids] and [LootableZone]
Code:
[DynamicAsteroids]
asteroid = DAsteroid_lava02 // Archetype for the asteroid, what the moving asteroids are supposed to look like
count = 20 // How many you can have around you
placement_radius = 150.000000
placement_offset = 90.000000
max_velocity = 10.000000
max_angular_velocity = 2.000000
color_shift = 1, 1, 1
[LootableZone]
asteroid_loot_container = lootcrate_ast_loot_diamonds // The archetype (including looks) of the loot you see floating in space. This one is taken from DATA\EQUIPMENT\select_equip.ini
asteroid_loot_commodity = commodity_uncut_diamonds // Commodity the asteroid loot is going to provide
dynamic_loot_container = lootcrate_ast_loot_diamonds // See two lines above
dynamic_loot_commodity = commodity_uncut_diamonds // Commodity the dynamic loot is going to provide (see below for distinction)
asteroid_loot_count = 1, 2 // Those are value ranges, so one asteroid will provide 1-2 of the asteroid_loot_commodity
dynamic_loot_count = 1, 5 // Value ranges again, so 1-5 of the dynamic_loot_commodity
dynamic_loot_difficulty = 2 // I don't remember exactly what it does, but I think it was another modifier for the loot.

For multiplayer, you should also add an entry in the minecontrol plugin for FLHook. To do that, you go into EXE\flhook_plugins\minecontrol.cfg and scroll down until you see the system you add the mining field in and add the line
Code:
Zone_li01_miningtest, 1
The first part is the zone name, the second is a multiplier. 1 means that normal ini values are used.

RE: Adding a fully functioning mining field / debris field in Freelancer - Kirill - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 10:25 AM)LordVipex Wrote:
Code:
dynamic_loot_difficulty = 2 // I don't remember exactly what it does, but I think it was another modifier for the loot.

It determines a chance for dynamic asteroid to spawn a container. For example, 2 means that it has 50% chance for asteroid to spawn a container. It can easily be calculated as (1/dynamic_loot_difficulty)*100%.

RE: Moving a base from one system to another - sindroms - 06-17-2015

RE-PURPOSED THREAD

I want to move a base from system A to B.
I copied the old entry and inserted it into the system I want, then deleted the original.

Nothing was changed. You can dock with the base, but it CTD upon undock.
Since I haven't tampered around with bases just yet, I have no idea if there is another entry somewhere apart from the system ini file, where it says where the base is located.

What do?

RE: Moving a base from one system to another (/summon devs) - Auriec - 06-17-2015

DATA\UNIVERSE\universe.ini

[Base]
nickname = Li01_01_Base
system = Li01

"Nothing was changed." So despite the changes applied to the ini the position and system of the base didn't change? Have you restarted your game (and server, if you test it on a local server)?
Also double check if you are loading the game from the correct folder and if the changes were made to the correct folder (just in case).

Notepad++ is a really useful tool that has a "find in files" search function. You can use that to find out where nicknames (such as Li01_01_Base) are mentioned elsewhere to find out how everything works and is connected.