Discovery Gaming Community
Decaying base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Bug Reports (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=573)
+----- Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: Decaying base (/showthread.php?tid=129966)

Decaying base - Ruud - 05-29-2015

I don't know if this is a bug or just a one-time result of the last update but I report it anyway; just in case.

The day before yesterday I left my base to collect some goods. Yesterday I came back at about 18:00 MET (Berlin / Amsterdam time) and saw that my base was decaying. To make a long story short: all my food rations and 120 of my original 800 crew members were gone. I can imagine that I made a mistake with the numbers when buying the rations, oxygen and water but I doubt that very much. But I'm 100% sure I had 800 members on board two days ago. If I hadn't, the base would have started decaying immediately after I had upgraded it to level 4 more than a week ago.

RE: Decaying base - Jack_Henderson - 05-29-2015

Did you increase the crew size after the core upgrade? It's a frequent mistake that killed quite a few bases.
If crew leaves/dies, FWO has been on zero. If 120 crew are gone, you can assume that it was for a bit longer.

The most likely problem is: you took e.g. 2 transports of Oxygen instead of 1 Water, 1 Oxygen... that's at least my experience from years of POB hauling.

RE: Decaying base - Ruud - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 11:03 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Did you increase the crew size after the core upgrade? It's a frequent mistake that killed quite a few bases.
I simply cannot remember. IIRC I always brought in the fresh crew together with the last needed goods.

Quote:If crew leaves/dies, FWO has been on zero. If 120 crew are gone, you can assume that it was for a bit longer.
FWO means ???

Quote:The most likely problem is: you took e.g. 2 transports of Oxygen instead of 1 Water, 1 Oxygen... that's at least my experience from years of POB hauling.
No, I'm quite sure about that: I always load 1/3 of the cargo Food rations, 1/3 Oxygen and 1/3 Water. The situation that you described has happened. And I also was called out of the game once by an emergency and the station was left without the third cargo, water in this case. That's why I decided to use the 1/3 rule: 1/3rd of everything is better than nothing.

1/3 of my cargo = 1573 units. At the discovery I was left with 530 units of water and 530 units of oxygen. So 530 units of food had gone. If it was 1573, I could blame my self. But 530? And I absolutely there are no mice on my base! Smile

FYI: I'm not frustrated or angry about this, just puzzled and curious. The only reason that I reported it was that it maybe could point to a bug or what ever. It also could have been just a hick-up of the game. But because it was such a weird one IMHO, I decided to report it.

RE: Decaying base - Ponge - 05-29-2015

FWO = Food, Water, Oxygen.

RE: Decaying base - |nfrared - 05-29-2015

Are the commodities able to be bought by other landing on your base? 530 cargo is about a freighter cargo hold, maybe someone docked and bought the food?

RE: Decaying base - dirmaster0 - 05-30-2015

(05-29-2015, 10:30 PM)|nfrared Wrote: Are the commodities able to be bought by other landing on your base? 530 cargo is about a freighter cargo hold, maybe someone docked and bought the food?

I could see this being a problem, you should set the Min/Max to the same number, that way it wont sell but it will buy until you reach the set max limit
The same would go for the crew, if you give out docking access and dont have that stuff locked down people can potentially take it all off the station.

RE: Decaying base - Mark_Brown - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 12:06 AM)dirmaster0 Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 10:30 PM)|nfrared Wrote: Are the commodities able to be bought by other landing on your base? 530 cargo is about a freighter cargo hold, maybe someone docked and bought the food?

I could see this being a problem, you should set the Min/Max to the same number, that way it wont sell but it will buy until you reach the set max limit
The same would go for the crew, if you give out docking access and dont have that stuff locked down people can potentially take it all off the station.

I'd check your cargo min/max issue and see if people have being buying it from your station to try pull it down....

RE: Decaying base - Ruud - 05-30-2015

Thank you for giving your thoughts!

Quote: I'd check your cargo min/max issue and see if people have being buying it from your station to try pull it down....
I completely forgot to mention it:
- The min/max still has the original value: 100000/100000.
- The only people allowed to visit my base are the ships of my son and my self. And it should be obvious that neither of us bought the food.
I'm looking forward to other ideas!

RE: Decaying base - dirmaster0 - 05-31-2015

(05-30-2015, 08:04 PM)Ruud Wrote: Thank you for giving your thoughts!

Quote: I'd check your cargo min/max issue and see if people have being buying it from your station to try pull it down....
I completely forgot to mention it:
- The min/max still has the original value: 100000/100000.
- The only people allowed to visit my base are the ships of my son and my self. And it should be obvious that neither of us bought the food.
I'm looking forward to other ideas!

The other thing I could think of was having too many crew onboard which could over-consume the FWO (food water oxygen), be sure to set the crew values to be what you should have for your particular base level.