Discovery Gaming Community
Probation Users - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Probation Users (/showthread.php?tid=130016)

Pages: 1 2

Probation Users - mwerte - 05-30-2015

FYI, we screwed up, the Probation User Group permissions were not set correctly. We have corrected this issue. Our bad, so users who were stuck on probation got a little bonus time on us. Merry Christmas!

RE: Probation Users - Lythrilux - 05-30-2015

Some people who were on probation but 'came off' from it via this glitch have displayed that they can be trusted to be normal users. Is there any chance they'll be given some leeway?

RE: Probation Users - Hawk - 05-30-2015

Or maybe they just didn't notice the glitch and were not aware they were able to misbehave in that way.

RE: Probation Users - mwerte - 05-30-2015

The proper way to show 'good citizenship' Lyth, would be to report the bug, or at least double check that it's not an issue.

RE: Probation Users - t0l - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 04:55 PM)mwerte Wrote: The proper way to show 'good citizenship' Lyth, would be to report the bug, or at least double check that it's not an issue.

How was I supposed to know it was a glitch? I was given vague wording on my probation that basically just meant "it'll be over whenever we feel like it", and after almost exactly a month it was over. Nobody told me that I should've been on or off probation.

If I was probated for 3 months and it ended after only 1, a few alarms would have gone off.

RE: Probation Users - Omi - 05-30-2015

why would i bother to double check lol

because that'd end well xdddddddddddd

RE: Probation Users - nOmnomnOm - 05-30-2015

This makes no sence for the people that were in probation and didn't go out of bounds to give them more time because the admins screwed up.

That Is like forgetting to lock a prison door but the prisoner still stays... And then you add more time to him!?!? Just because he didn't report it or try to test the lock???

RE: Probation Users - Alley - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 06:11 PM)Omicega Wrote: why would i bother to double check lol

because that'd end well xdddddddddddd

mwerte decided to leave you the ability to post replies in announcement threads. Perhaps you feel like losing that as well?

RE: Probation Users - Thyrzul - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 03:56 PM)Hawk Wrote: Or maybe they just didn't notice the glitch and were not aware they were able to misbehave in that way.

Or maybe instead of making pointless assumptions you could just extend the probation of only those you found exploiting the glitch and leave the rest without further (and unfounded) punishments. Just an idea.

RE: Probation Users - Omi - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 06:35 PM)Alley Wrote: mwerte decided to leave you the ability to post replies in announcement threads. Perhaps you feel like losing that as well?

yeah so you don't actually have anything to refute my point

ok

p.s. i want to be a toucan again