Discovery Gaming Community
Responding to new ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Responding to new ideas (/showthread.php?tid=130031)

Responding to new ideas - Zed26 - 05-30-2015

The Discovery community certainly is a merciless place. Sure, sometimes ideas appear that might not be the best, but at least there's new stuff being proposed and it's opened for discussion. I voted "no" on the recent ingame list proposal, but didn't have time to list reasons why before it was locked.

Really folks, either give some constructive criticism or simply say, "No thank you." I know it's hard for some people to resist seizing the opportunity to be an internet tough guy when real life is full of social anxiety and a minimum of civility in order to get by, but a long rant about how your massive IQ can't even fathom the idiocy, or being a memer isn't helpful - it creates a chilling effect that makes people reluctant to suggest new things or open up a discussion at all.

If you're finding this concept hard to grasp and want to think more self-centered, it also makes it harder for other people to take your own suggestions seriously.

RE: Responding to new ideas - Fluffyball - 05-30-2015

I was going to start constructive criticism after reading Alley mentioned the forced Pirate IFF in other post.

Topic was closed before anyone else stated their opinion over that. Said enough about constructive criticism.

RE: Responding to new ideas - Alley - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 09:04 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: I was going to start constructive criticism after reading Alley mentioned the forced Pirate IFF in other post.

Topic was closed before anyone else stated their opinion over that. Said enough about constructive criticism.

Stop trying to make a fuss over it. Ranting in threads and asking for clarification in PM won't change anything.

You made a thread based on almost a single line of content, prompting discussion on something the dev team has not even finished shaping the initial proposal we'll submit to vote. It's going to cause more problems than anything due to some people answering the thread as if your post is based on settled things, which it isn't.

I basically just wrote again what I wrote in your thread.

RE: Responding to new ideas - Fluffyball - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 09:29 PM)Alley Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 09:04 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: I was going to start constructive criticism after reading Alley mentioned the forced Pirate IFF in other post.

Stop trying to make a fuss over it. Ranting in threads and asking for clarification in PM won't change anything.

You made a thread based on almost a single line of content, prompting discussion on something the dev team has not even finished shaping the initial proposal we'll submit to vote. It's going to cause more problems than anything due to some people answering the thread as if your post is based on settled things, which it isn't.

Then I'm really sorry about that, if you took it this way. I didn't want to look it like that, for what I'm sorry indeed.

I think matter is now cleared up then. Smile