Discovery Gaming Community
New Activity Tracker - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New Activity Tracker (/showthread.php?tid=130278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Activity Tracker - Alley - 06-06-2015

The new activity tracker has been finished earlier today. Blodo and myself have spent quite a fair amount of time working on it (a few weeks and caused a few server crashes along the way) but it's now stable and doesn't output any errors anymore.

As such, we are now recording data as of this post.

This new tracker is very different from the previous one. Instead of relying on an external application (DSAM) we are now directly interfacing with the server through a brand new flhook plugin. The tracker now has pinpoint accuracy as instead of going through an entire database of daily activity (which didn't record anything sometimes) we are now tracking sessions.

What is a session? It's the time elapsed between the moment you logged that character and you disconnected. The maximum delay that can occur for the tracker to start recording your session or stop recording is 30 seconds (as we inspect ingame players every 30 seconds).

Another difference with this tracker is that we're tracking everybody and not official factions anymore. This new method is much less expensive than the old one, so it's a win-win situation anyway. It also gets rid of that annoying one day nonexistence bug, so as soon as you create this ship, we will now track it. This will allow for everyone to see their activity, whether or not they're part of an official faction.

We will let you know when the forums activity tracker is replaced to display data from the new tracker.

RE: New Activity Tracker - Mephistoles - 06-06-2015

[Image: top-banana.jpg]

RE: New Activity Tracker - Foochow - 06-06-2015

Finally, thank you! Will factions be able to add untagged vessels to their tracker?

RE: New Activity Tracker - Lythrilux - 06-06-2015

praise the devs

RE: New Activity Tracker - FynnMcScrap - 06-06-2015

Well...

well done, both of you :-)

Great to have you working for the Server. Thank you !

RE: New Activity Tracker - Karst - 06-06-2015

Now that is some great news.

Blessings upon ye

RE: New Activity Tracker - Venture - 06-06-2015

Finally! Thank you guys!

RE: New Activity Tracker - nOmnomnOm - 06-06-2015

so... Every ship in the server will be tracked then?
I see....
just curious... Do you have something planed for Indy people getting tracked? I know official factions need it to stay active.... But what about Indy? Smile
any possible bonus or recognition? Just curious.

RE: New Activity Tracker - pillow - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:36 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: praise the devs

RE: New Activity Tracker - Thyrzul - 06-06-2015

I hope our cargo hold full of Kudos fetches a good price.