Discovery Gaming Community
we should llook at ship cruse speed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: we should llook at ship cruse speed (/showthread.php?tid=130325)

Pages: 1 2

we should llook at ship cruse speed - ShadowWalker - 06-07-2015

hi i like to start out by aaking a very interesting question
why are all the cruse speeds so what seems so random to me ?
why cant we aply the metreic system to this as in decreasing from light fighter speed by either increments of 10 or 5 its just a thought i had ,also why do all the transports ship have to be the same speed? we should segment each class much like we do sheilds.
also we could do the same for capitl ships. well that is my 2 cents have at it people

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - MonkeyMan - 06-07-2015

sounds good Big Grin

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - Techpriest - 06-07-2015

I think he's trying to say we should separate cruise's speed like how the developers separate shield types....
Quote: Sounds good Smile

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - sindroms - 06-07-2015

Custom engines should give benefits for those 15mil wasted on them. A faster charge would already be a huge buff.

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - Swifty - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 07:53 PM)sindroms Wrote: Custom engines should give benefits for those 15mil wasted on them. A faster charge would already be a huge buff.

This. Otherwise don't make them so god damn expesive, it's not nice to spend 15m on something that gives nothing in exhange but a nice color.

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - ShadowWalker - 06-07-2015

ok people i was talking abought cruse speed over all for instance who here thinks a serenty should cruse sligtly faster than the train?

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - sindroms - 06-07-2015

Walker, the problem is that ship speed is assigned to specific engines that go on the ships engine mount. You do not usually see it, until we got swappable engines.

You cannot get individual ships to get individual speeds unless you make a custom engine for every single in Disco.

Which CAN be done, I suppose, but should it?

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - ShadowWalker - 06-07-2015

whait what i have been playing for at least a 2 years now and lf is always 425 max and the others have never changed speed despit the egen i thought it was based on class of ship

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - Fluffyball - 06-07-2015

I will reply to OP question with two words:

Balance reasons.

There is a reason why all the ships have certain speeds and each class has their own speed (with certain exceptions, such as Bustard). Transports (350) are just a bit slower than bombers (360), but the best ship to capture them are LF (425). Freighters are faster than transports, because they are meant to be the blocade runners - and have relatively small cargo.

If all the ships had the different ratings, it would make devs to make a lot (and I mean, A LOT) of checks, bug fixing, ship-nerfing/upgrading and God knows what else to make all the ships balanced - just because some of them have the different speeds despite being the very same ship classes.

RE: we should llook at ship cruse speed - ShadowWalker - 06-08-2015

i was refering to the dramtic drop in speed for the heavy fighter(375) memerory serves it just seemm so random and the 5kers woullld still have same speed but why make the smaler trans run slower it makes no sence to me yes i understand that there needs to be a ballence but why makye the lower cargo trans suferr for there larger 5k brothers