Discovery Gaming Community
Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot (/showthread.php?tid=130355)

Pages: 1 2

Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Fluffyball - 06-08-2015

I was wondering about that, if there shouldn't be any possibility to make that slot interchangeable with normal gunboat turret?

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Misfit - 06-08-2015

What for?

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - sindroms - 06-08-2015

For another gunboat turret which will be used more often than the fwd gun.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Fluffyball - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 02:27 PM)sindroms Wrote: For another gunboat turret which will be used more often than the fwd gun.

This.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Lythrilux - 06-08-2015

if you can use your FWG effectively it can be very good. Whilst this suggestion doesn't really take anything away, I don't really see it being that necessary.
Also, ships like the Orca would have their turret mounted in a really weird place.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Epo - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 02:41 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 02:27 PM)sindroms Wrote: For another gunboat turret which will be used more often than the fwd gun.

This.
Good idea. It can be helpful

(06-08-2015, 02:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: if you can use your FWG effectively it can be very good. Whilst this suggestion doesn't really take anything away, I don't really see it being that necessary.
Also, ships like the Orca would have their turret mounted in a really weird place.
And ships like the Orca can still remain with they FWG if they doesn't want to use normal gboat turret. Fluffy's idea isn't necessary, but can be very useful.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - jammi - 06-08-2015

So far as I know, turret arcs are applied to the hardpoints. Ergo, even if you replaced the turret, you're still left with locked forward gun firing arcs. You might as well leave it as it is.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Fluffyball - 06-11-2015

(06-08-2015, 03:05 PM)jammi Wrote: So far as I know, turret arcs are applied to the hardpoints. Ergo, even if you replaced the turret, you're still left with locked forward gun firing arcs. You might as well leave it as it is.

Even if that's the problem, I think Razor is still a valiable replacement for FWD Cannons. Smile

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Shinju - 06-11-2015

Good idea but there are just few Gunboats with FWG? And I haven't seen them in game for ages.

RE: Forward Cannon Gunboat Slot - Neonzumi - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 07:05 PM)Shinju Wrote: Good idea but there are just few Gunboats with FWG? And I haven't seen them in game for ages.

How?
Defiant is a frequent sighting.

Also i don't like the idea, there aren't enough ships with forward guns in the game these days. :|