Discovery Gaming Community
No Offense TOW - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: No Offense TOW (/showthread.php?tid=130781)

Pages: 1 2

No Offense TOW - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-19-2015

Such genius features, Graphics, Huds, stuff but....

STAR WARS, what

the

actual

heck.

Seriously I mean look at all the HARD WORK this man put in. If he would've made Vanilla Freelancer in such Graphic and Features, holy hell. Do you think we'd still be playin' Disco? Yeah well, maybe because of the RP, but that Mod would've acquired many Players just by doing it Vanilla FL.

WHY STAR WARS... This is such a potential waste ... Your opinions about this Mod? Do you realy support him making it Star Wars instead of Freelancer Vanilla based ships and stuff? What would you actually suggest?

RE: No Offense TOW - DragonRider - 06-19-2015

What is your issue with this being a Star Wars mod?

RE: No Offense TOW - Venture - 06-19-2015

Star Wars is cool.

'Nuff said.

There are other mods with better graphics than TOW. But I don't see why Discovery Devs don't ask them for their work to be implemented into the mod.

RE: No Offense TOW - Papa Oomaumau - 06-19-2015

Yeah, why not?
There's a helluvalot more canon and lore to be found, and it's a billion times less confusing to new players (and old) than Disco.
I've RPd a ton on SWG and SWTOR in my days.
RP 'value' is rarely connected to game/mod depth, but is much more dependent on the player base.
Attract a good base and you can have a successful Teletubbies RP.

I applaud the mod and the work put into it.
Clearly the team loves what they do - Why knock it?

RE: No Offense TOW - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-19-2015

Yeah but the message should be to the Freelancer Community, look at this game it is so old. Most of it play it beacuse it has "Vanilla Contents", the other mods, Discovery and Crossfire.

To be honest, these guys push the limits of FL Engine and I like to see it but... Star Wars, come on? You say "Star Wars is cool", yes STAR WARS IS COOL BUT IT DOESNT FIT INTO FREELANCER.

Especially, with such Dev/Modding skills, this Mod could've been the new Future of FL Mods, if they would Collide. Think of it more as a message to the FL Community instead of Star Wars community.

Oh and yea, speaking of which "It's cool nuff said" that's why it is so low on players right? Right.

They could've gotten a greater number and would've attracted new people into Freelancer Universe if they would've based it on FL Vanilla. There are enough Star Wars game, go play that, but don't waste such potential that should be Freelancer Vanilla for it. Beacuse as you can see, people play this game because of it's very Lore and Ships.

RE: No Offense TOW - jammi - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 11:30 PM)Oblivion Wrote: Star Wars is cool.

'Nuff said.

There are other mods with better graphics than TOW. But I don't see why Discovery Devs don't ask them for their work to be implemented into the mod.

TOW developers don't like sharing. Graphical and technical gimmicks are the main reason their mod attracts users, so they don't really want to give away their primary selling point. TOW has a lot of innovations and advances that other mods won't get to see.

RE: No Offense TOW - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-19-2015

@jammi exactly! Why would they waste this into a silly Star Wars mod?

Other than Crossfire and ToW, I don't see any Mod that has such advanced Graphics and Features.

RE: No Offense TOW - DragonRider - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 11:38 PM)Snake Wrote: @jammi exactly! Why would they waste this into a silly Star Wars mod?

Other than Crossfire and ToW, I don't see any Mod that has such advanced Graphics and Features.

If we're talking about features and gameplay changes, there's 88Flak.

RE: No Offense TOW - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-20-2015

I must say I'm impressed about 88Flak's PvP mechanics and oh my god, awesome stuff.

But TOW has a lot more deeper enhanced features as in, you know stuff like Strategic map shift + space which shows you a Strategic View from upside and you see all the ships around in scanner range. Stuff like putting Waypoints exactly in 3D map oversight, at exact locations like above planet or below and with this you can also show it to people inside the Group.

Carriers able to have NPC Bots that engage anything that is commanded as hostile. Jumping effects, Able to travel inside Jumploops, instead of Auto-Travel. Setting up Jump Point Locations, having nice mechanics in Single Shot and Auto Fire (which is pretty awesome especially for Caps.)

REALISTIC CAPITAL SHIPS, like realy. Turret Steer still present but you move alot slower.

Not to mention the Graphics, man if I had a Sabre with that graphic 8| my dreams were true. Lib Dreads, Rheinland BSs all in such awesome graphics. Hell, for me this is something even people from this generation would play, because the Graphics tend to attract it... Only problem is, it's Star Wars, so not realy many from the FL Community care about it 8/

One of the many reasons Disco is still alive, is because it's following the Vanilla Lore and its Contents.

When I saw this mod beeing Star Wars... I exactly felt like this:

8|

RE: No Offense TOW - Fluffyball - 06-20-2015

Snake, you forgot about one thing that makes Discovery very popular. Or rather, three things:

- Mod is pretty small, I'd say pocket and fast to download.
- Mod is not very demanding for a low-spec PCs.
- Expansion over the original lore.

The second point is the reason why game isn't limited to the like 50 people on the server. By looking at the graphics, the server would require at least x3 more capability server and processing power than current server to maintain such a graphic and not to crash or lag like hell.

And it would require people with good PCs, in the first place.