Discovery Gaming Community
Hello there,new old player here - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello there,new old player here (/showthread.php?tid=131057)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Hello there,new old player here - Black Hawk - 06-28-2015

Guys,ive managed to instal Freelancer,and now the discovery mod is a problem. When im instaling the discovery mod, there are error messages with Abort ,retry and ignore buttons. And when the instalation is done,when i click on freelancer discovery server or freelancer discovery icon,nothing happens.,

PS:managed to get in to the game,just the server is not showing....says waiting to connect to global server....

RE: Hello there,new old player here - Neonzumi - 06-28-2015

Did you mess with forced arguments in the launcher? Or did you start the game with Freelancer.exe?
Use DSLauncher.exe to start the game.

ive tried both.Clicked on DSLauncer and nothing happend.Just showed me somethin for 2 seconds and disapeard. O.o

(06-28-2015, 04:27 PM)Black Hawk Wrote: ive tried both.Clicked on DSLauncer and nothing happend.Just showed me somethin for 2 seconds and disapeard. O.o

Did you make a new account first?
If the account isn't the problem i can link you the global server fix, or whatever it was called.

Got this errors while instaling Freelancer Discovery,and when i hit ignore,then diffrent dll or exe pops out. If i click retry then again pops out same problem.Here are the errors....

PS: i downloaded freelancer Discovery on this forum.

"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer \EXE\Common.dll......
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer \DSLauncher.exe"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer DSSelfpatch.exe"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.design.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.fonts.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Sharpcompress.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework."
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\DLLS\BIN\Content-0C458F.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\DLLS\BIN\Content.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\Commmon.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DALib.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DSAce.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DSinstalChecker.exe"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DSUpdate.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DelayDisplay.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\Discovery.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\EXE\DSyAdditional.dll."

And so much,i got tired writing these erors....

When ignore these errors,i cant run the DSLuncher.....But i can run the game through freelancer.exe ,but cant connect to server then,because global server is offline. This is my 4th day im trying to instal firstly original Freelancer,and now Freelancer Discovery. Weekend passed now,so im really pissed off now.

(06-28-2015, 06:56 PM)Black Hawk Wrote: Got this errors while instaling Freelancer Discovery,and when i hit ignore,then diffrent dll or exe pops out. If i click retry then again pops out same problem.Here are the errors....

"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer \EXE\Common.dll......
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer \DSLauncher.exe"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer DSSelfpatch.exe"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.design.dll"
""Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.fonts.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Sharpcompress.dll"
"Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework."

When ignore these errors,i cant run the DSLuncher.....But i can run the game through freelancer.exe ,but cant connect to server then,because global server is offline. This is my 4th day im trying to instal firstly original Freelancer,and now Freelancer Discovery. Weekend passed now,so im really pissed off now.

Re Download Discovery, and use the torrent link.

(06-28-2015, 07:01 PM)SwagBunny Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 06:56 PM)Black Hawk Wrote: Got this errors while instaling Freelancer Discovery,and when i hit ignore,then diffrent dll or exe pops out. If i click retry then again pops out same problem.Here are the errors....

""Error opening file for writing: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer\Metroframework.fonts.dll"

Re Download Discovery, and use the torrent link.

If that is the problem then,Admins should delete the direct download link.

Maybe.
Its pretty un-reliable.
Anyway tell me if it works, don't forget to firstly un-install Discovery before you install the one you download via. Torrent.

Trying now,at the first attempt,same errors,but i didnt instaled it ,and had some previous files in the same folder im trying to instal the disco. Now i eresed that,second attempt coming. Fingers crossed