Discovery Gaming Community
Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... (/showthread.php?tid=131093)

Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Fluffyball - 06-28-2015

So I decided to play this game... and I finished it recently.

[Image: Solatorobo.full.750657.jpg]

God Pineapple damn it! It was supposed to be funny game, directed mainly to the kids, with robots, rumbling and funny characters.

It is not.

It forced me to shed manly tears and has so awesome and gorgeous story with major plot-twist that makes your jaw drop.

Now, I'm going to cry in the corner. I haven't expected so much trauma again after watching Clannad.

RE: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Lythrilux - 06-28-2015

It's actually a pretty decent game. I enjoyed playing it. The plot was nice.

RE: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Fluffyball - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 01:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: It's actually a pretty decent game. I enjoyed playing it. The plot was nice.

I enjoyed it too, but It's just... holy damn, the plot twist and all... I expected it to be the funny game with animal characters.

And then, feel-hammer hitting your face.

RE: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - originalOD - 07-07-2015

"I'm fine, It's just some dust in my eye. Yes. Some dusty emotion."

Is it an epic, epic journey to the end? I often find myself feeling fragile at the end of games and stories I've invested hours of time, joy and heartache over.

RE: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Error - 07-07-2015

Still gotta play this at some point, I suppose; I've wanted to do so for quite some years, but never quite got around to it. Seems like a good game, and I've always liked the art style of it (I'm completely unbiased. )). Out of curiosity: If you're not playing it using a copied ROM, where did you get it? I was considering actually buying a hard copy of it (for once) since I'd like to keep it around, but it seems to be rather expensive at the usual sources (i.e. Ebay). Grhmh. Looks like it's turned into a collectors item by now...

RE: Solatorobo - so, I finished the game... - Fluffyball - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 10:47 AM)Error Wrote: Still gotta play this at some point, I suppose; I've wanted to do so for quite some years, but never quite got around to it. Seems like a good game, and I've always liked the art style of it (I'm completely unbiased. )). Out of curiosity: If you're not playing it using a copied ROM, where did you get it? I was considering actually buying a hard copy of it (for once) since I'd like to keep it around, but it seems to be rather expensive at the usual sources (i.e. Ebay). Grhmh. Looks like it's turned into a collectors item by now...

I got it from Polish eBay-like site, but I bet it is somewhere at eBay as well. I paid around $25-$30 for hard copy - used, but complete edition.

edit: So I've checked eBay and lot of it is just Japanese imports. But then, there is it: Solatorobo from UK