Discovery Gaming Community
The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID (/showthread.php?tid=131120)

Pages: 1 2

The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Croft - 06-29-2015

Looking through the tech chart I noticed that L'Ane and Courier are listed under Gallia generic unlawful, similar to how the Pirate transports are for everyone else which get me wondering, are we going to see the L'Ane and Courier added to the FL ID to allow for a Gallic equivalent? Because I'd love to create a Gallic smuggler that has more than an accent to show for it.

Thoughts?

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Swallow - 06-29-2015

It makes sense, actually.

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Fluffyball - 06-29-2015

I agree. While there weren't so many Gallic Freelancers and Gallic Pirates, I think that could be changed due to the Gallia opened to the Sirius.

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Croft - 06-29-2015

Just checked on the wiki quickly, the L'Ane and Pirate Train are pretty close to each other in terms of stats so not much off in terms of balance. A simple addition to the FL ID to include the L'Ane would probably be all that's required.

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Swallow - 06-29-2015

By the way, someone should take care of wiki. Wiki is extremely important for newbies, saying it fro own experience. Whichever is done or not, but wiki is a must.

(06-29-2015, 02:57 PM)Swallow Wrote: By the way, someone should take care of wiki. Wiki is extremely important for newbies, saying it fro own experience. Whichever is done or not, but wiki is a must.

I think it's way more updated that it was before, but still... it is quite not really... up to date.

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Teerin - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 02:17 PM)Croft Wrote: Looking through the tech chart I noticed that L'Ane and Courier are listed under Gallia generic unlawful, similar to how the Pirate transports are for everyone else which get me wondering, are we going to see the L'Ane and Courier added to the FL ID to allow for a Gallic equivalent? Because I'd love to create a Gallic smuggler that has more than an accent to show for it.

Thoughts?

"Gallia Generic Unlawful" is a misnomer that the Devs are aware of and will fix Soon™

By lore and their infocards, those ships are made only by the Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse.

I advise that you contact one of those groups or have former membership of one of them be a part of your smuggler's backstory somehow.

(06-29-2015, 10:40 PM)Teerin Wrote: By lore and their infocards, those ships are made only by the Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse.

I advise that you contact one of those groups or have former membership of one of them be a part of your smuggler's backstory somehow.

Following that logic, Bactrian, Pirate Transport and Rogue Transport should be restricted to Rogues/Mollys only - because it's part of the Z line.

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Teerin - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 10:45 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 10:40 PM)Teerin Wrote: By lore and their infocards, those ships are made only by the Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse.

Following that logic, Bactrian, Pirate Transport and Rogue Transport should be restricted to Rogues/Mollys only - because it's part of the Z line.

The Z-Line is widely considered as more generic, as was intended in Vanilla Freelancer

However, the l'Ane's infocard clearly states that it is produced by the Brigands and Corse, whereas the Courier is built off of the chassis of their bomber design. Fancy paint jobs aside, those ships clearly belong to both groups

RE: The L'Ane and the Freelancer ID - Croft - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 10:40 PM)Teerin Wrote: "Gallia Generic Unlawful" is a misnomer that the Devs are aware of and will fix Soon™

By lore and their infocards, those ships are made only by the Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse.

Damn shame really the L'Ane is a fine looking ship locked away in an empty House.
Sadly the only two ways of getting that ship is by adopting one of the Gallic ID's and utterly castrating what routes I can use or working up a ton of forum based RP just for something that looks pretty due to the cargo limitations of the FL ID.

The team may want to reconsider locking away those ships as Gallic freelancers only have the troop transport as a cargo ship, generic Sirius stuff simply doesn't fit with the House's isolationist origin.