Discovery Gaming Community
Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs (/showthread.php?tid=131121)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Alley - 06-29-2015

Pretty much all the coding is done, however I'd be curious to know what you think the material requirements would be to build cloak disruptors.

For instance, for MK2 cloaks, the requirements are the following:

80,000 Reinforced Alloy
20,000 Industrial Hardware
12,000 Plasomic Metamaterials
10 Nomad Fighter Remains
4 Nomad Gunboat Remains
2 Nomad Battleship Remains

What do you think it should be for Cloak Disruptors? Would you still make Nomad remains a requirement?

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Lythrilux - 06-29-2015

Meh, allow Nomad remains to be used for them for now as other equipment production makes use of Nomad remains. Of course once the Omicron Update drops purge all Nomad remain uses from POBs (: .

Otherwise, I think the other commodity requirements should be a lot lower. Disruptors should be considerably cheaper to produce and buy than cloaks.

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Eva Falk - 06-29-2015

id say yes to the nomad remains
otherwise it would get too cheap i think

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Connor - 06-29-2015

How are they going to work first of all? Are they going to need ammo like CDs or like cloaks? Will they function like a cloak/JD or will they function like a missile/CD?

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Blodo - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 03:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Of course once the Omicron Update drops purge all Nomad remain uses from POBs (: .

Don't count on it. Omicron Update is on hold indefinitely, ask Yuri.

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Jessitrescott - 06-29-2015

no please ,no nomad remains. Enough of kusari council gallic valors farming in 99

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Wildkins - 06-29-2015

I'd almost say it could use different types of ore, although that's steering dangerously close to being overpowered for mining factions, so maybe multiple types of ore spread across Sirius in relatively small amounts could be interesting. It would make indie Miner IDs more popular again, and probably stir up a lot more of the "wild west" independent worlds we've been championing for a while now.

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Impyness - 06-29-2015

Personally I would actually keep the nomad remains req for these disruptors. I'm not a huge fan of the multiple battleships outside their ZOI farming them in the Omicrons, but stuff like this is actually pretty much the only thing bringing a fair amount of activity to the nomad worlds in general. It also gives the various Omicron factions stuff to actually fight over because the remains themselves have a purpose and actual value.

Another interesting idea would be possibly requiring the derelict nomad artifact that drops from a wreck in one of the deeper Omegas for each disruptor to be constructed, currently that artifact is only used to build the cloak factory itself.

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Lythrilux - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 04:25 PM)Impyness Wrote: Personally I would actually keep the nomad remains req for these disruptors. I'm not a huge fan of the multiple battleships outside their ZOI farming them in the Omicrons, but stuff like this is actually pretty much the only thing bringing a fair amount of activity to the nomad worlds in general. It also gives the various Omicron factions stuff to actually fight over because the remains themselves have a purpose and actual value.
Not when the trend is to use jump drives whilst farming.

RE: Cloak Disruptor manufacturing costs - Stoner_Steve - 06-29-2015

Don't have it use Nomad Battleship remains, but fighter remains in a larger quantity, also I would say somewhere between 10-20% of the build requirements for a cloak mk 2 could be reasonable for a disruptor.