Discovery Gaming Community
Regret to inform you all - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Regret to inform you all (/showthread.php?tid=131150)

Pages: 1 2

Regret to inform you all - HUNTER@KILLER - 06-30-2015

Channel Started....
Channel States Open...
Connecting....
Connected ...

Hello all i regret to inform you all that if this Mil ware crap with the Mod dose not stop i'm going to have to stop playing all together i'm not going to risk my 1 and only PC to this crap. Nor can i add any other programs to my PC due to my speed prob and i have NO income to afford such things or to buy a new PC if i loose this 1 due to this crap getting into the mod. That is all for now

Channel Closed....
Disconnected.....

RE: Regret to inform you all - Alley - 06-30-2015

Don't be sorry. It is not your fault.

The reason we had to toughen up our security was due to cheaters causing a mess, but it's causing way more problems for legit players than keeping cheaters out. I'm seriously considering reverting back to what it used to be so we put a definite end to this false positive mess.

RE: Regret to inform you all - HUNTER@KILLER - 07-01-2015

Why was this post moved it was intended for my Kishiro team mates only ?

RE: Regret to inform you all - sindroms - 07-01-2015

Probably because it was hard to tell whether or not it was IRP or OORP.

RE: Regret to inform you all - Mímir - 07-01-2015

If it's an in-rp message on the Kishiro staff message board, it's absolutely awesome!

RE: Regret to inform you all - Fluffyball - 07-01-2015

I think this is how it is like to toughen protection against pirates and normal users would suffer from that. (Remember SPORE?)

I may be harsh, but I think if someone is going to cheat, he will do that nonetheless. More security makes cheaters more creative and more careful. The ones who suffer because of small group that's not even, like 1% of the Disco, is rest of normal players are suffering. After all, it's staff's job to look for cheaters - and the players' job to report possible rule breakers. No software will detect every cheater in 100%

A can't say why people are cheating on Disco, knowing that cheating onto server WILL end with indefinite ban.

As a sidenote, that's what you may for using AV software, which nowadays doesn't make much sense and in my opinion is more like a light for moths, rather than protection from these moths.

RE: Regret to inform you all - Leppy - 07-01-2015

If you're getting false positives from Disco, simply put the minimum required files from the install into your ignore list for your AV. You can always test them as you pull them down initially each time a new update comes out

RE: Regret to inform you all - Adam_Spire - 07-07-2015

Wait, the install and function of the game is --still-- creating false positives?

RE: Regret to inform you all - Alley - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 08:05 PM)Adam_Spire Wrote: Wait, the install and function of the game is --still-- creating false positives?

It did until today. We still have issues with two specific antiviruses, but considering F-Prot and Cyren represent less than 1% of the userbase, we're not going to go after it.

RE: Regret to inform you all - Adam_Spire - 07-07-2015

When I get home I'm going to try to install it and see what happens. I'm using AVG.