Discovery Gaming Community
On the subject of the Outcasts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: On the subject of the Outcasts (/showthread.php?tid=131401)

On the subject of the Outcasts - Sciamach - 07-09-2015

Quote:[11:04:09 PM] Flash™: Wow Scourge Big Grin
[11:04:15 PM] Flash™: What a shitty response to SR in the comm

[11:04:41 PM] Scourgie-kins: was legit just trying to get them to meet me in-game

[11:04:45 PM] Flash™: The first 4 lines just show how egotistic Cross are xD
[11:04:54 PM] Flash™: Damn

[11:05:05 PM] Scourgie-kins: no, the first 4 lines show how egotistic-Espinosa is.
I was responding in-character

[11:05:15 PM] Loki557: Espinosa is a bitch

[11:05:16 PM] Flash™: Yeah, and guess what she leads
[11:05:19 PM] Flash™: CROSS

[11:05:20 PM] Scourgie-kins: theres a massive difference between how a character RPs and how a faction RPs
[11:05:23 PM] Scourgie-kins: she actually doesnt
[11:05:29 PM] Scourgie-kins: you'll see what I mean in a moment (See: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=131360&pid=1690184#pid1690184)

[11:05:33 PM] Flash™: "Guess who represent Malta in this case? Meeeeeeeee!!!!"
[11:05:42 PM] Flash™: Literally, inRP, I'd shoot this char right away
[11:05:51 PM] Flash™: Like...that attitude, wtf

[11:05:54 PM] Scourgie-kins: Espinosa is a bitch
[11:05:57 PM] Scourgie-kins: welcome to it

[11:06:00 PM] Flash™: He has a point, I guess
[11:06:15 PM] Flash™: I still don't see why the shitty attitude towards SR
[11:06:18 PM] Flash™: Tongue
[11:06:22 PM] Flash™: Im not even in SR anymore
[11:06:37 PM] Flash™: So before you go all "Stop defending your faction, Flash"
[11:06:38 PM] Flash™: Big Grin

[11:06:56 PM] Scourgie-kins: I don't have one

like I said, I legit have no issues with them or their members. I was just trying to get them to meet me in-game for about 12 seconds before allowing them in

[11:07:54 PM] Captain Nomsparrow (Shizune/Clayton) #Cori's Shizune: Actually I have to say
[11:08:06 PM] Captain Nomsparrow (Shizune/Clayton) #Cori's Shizune: Cross formed out of a sub-cross and ANV mixture

[11:08:13 PM] Flash™: They actually haven't been gone, all the characters are still present, just flying without a tag

[11:08:13 PM] Captain Nomsparrow (Shizune/Clayton) #Cori's Shizune: I was in ANV when we merged with Cross

[11:08:58 PM] Loki557: And Cross doesn't exactly know this

[11:09:01 PM] Flash™: I still fly one of my characters and say Im part of Samarran Raiders, I'm sure some others do. It's just no forum stuff or tag on the ships, that's all
[11:09:02 PM] Flash™: ://
[11:10:46 PM] Flash™: Ehh, you could still show some respect, instead of a comm like that. Just my opinion. Also, add the guy on skype and meet in game to RP, he's busy inRL ever since I've known him, so might be hard.

[11:11:07 PM] Scourgie-kins: "Espinosa is a bitch" all I'm gonna say

[11:11:16 PM] Scourgie-kins: and yeah, I've already poked him about adding my skype

[11:12:29 PM] Loki557: scourge was acting incharacter, espinosa has been a bitch to others in the past that annoyed her.

[11:12:46 PM] Flash™: I didn't say he acted out of character.
[11:12:48 PM] Flash™: Tongue

I was going to come up with a thread for this, explaining what went down and whatnot, but this little convo in the Cross chat kinda explains it all. Yell at me all you want, I don't really don't care. Go nuts. I have nothing but love for the SR. Was legit just trying to get them to play ball for a little bit.

TL;DR I responded in-character
some crap hit the fan
people misconceived my point
???
non-profit

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - sindroms - 07-09-2015

Why do you care though?
And why should we, with this thread.

EDIT: I know that sounded rather mean, but honestly. Some one guy said that your response to an RP thread was poor.
So?

EDIT2:

Also, if your character is an asswipe IRP, learn to not apologize for it. It is your character and their roleplay does have an impact on the faction that they represent. For example, LR- have no allies at this point. Guess why?
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=129889&pid=1674303

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - Jack_Henderson - 07-09-2015

Nothing wrong with characters being "asswipes", as Spazzy put it.

However, in a closely knit community like Disco, where everybody knows everybody and many people do not like special other people for various reasons of the last X+ years, it would be helpful if someone PMed the receiving party of an asswipe-message with a short: "Hey, dud. It's irp. Don't worry. I am not trying to tell you "OORP Message X, Y, Z" via irp means"

When people start guessing what the (hidden) oorp meaning/message/intention behind an irp message is, things go bad. Almost always.

Furthermore, another general observation: Disco has too many asswipe-characters on display in forum rp. Look into politics and find out whether the asswipe-personality-factor is also like 80+ percent (I went by feeling with this number).

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - nOmnomnOm - 07-09-2015

Im on flash's side on this one.
The characters ... At least the important ones, should act more mature as they are in a higher position. In reality if an ass were to lead they would get overrun easy. No leader traits. There are exceptions ofc

TLDR: cant wait

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - HuggieSunrise - 07-09-2015

the power of the serbian embassy

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - PRJKTLRD - 07-09-2015

Quote:the power of the serbian embassy

xd

edit: Oh, scourge. I'm still waiting for you to accept me on skype. Is something wrong bro? I mean, you said me to add you like, real quick and you're ignoring my PMs even since then.

RE: On the subject of the Outcasts - Sciamach - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 03:41 PM)Project Lerdi Wrote:
Quote:the power of the serbian embassy

xd

edit: Oh, scourge. I'm still waiting for you to accept me on skype. Is something wrong bro? I mean, you said me to add you like, real quick and you're ignoring my PMs even since then.

I'm not ignorin' ya, I asked if it was you in leskype-y message; i always doublecheck beforehand

I dont ignore forum PMs, I more often than not forget they're even there

This, plus I've spent the better part of the last few days crammed in massive classroom doing about 4 weeks worth of homework in order to pass a class

TL; DR
not ignorin' ya, just been busy