Discovery Gaming Community
Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array (/showthread.php?tid=131470)

Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Keith T. Maxwell - 07-10-2015

The player base has got three kinds of arrays:
The Angels Wrote:Array Type 1: Equipped with 2 cruiser pulse, 2 cruiser Cerberus, and 6 battleship basic turret 2
Array Type 2: Equipped with 4 battleship pulse and 2 battleship Cerberus
Array Type 3: Equipped with 2 battleship razor, 6 battleship solaris and 2 gatling solaris
I have an idea for a 4th array type, a Mining Array.
The Mining Array would have Transport/Fighter mining arrays.

It will mine the asteroid flying in space (if the base and the array are in a asteroid field).

Now there are 5 defense modes:
The Angels Wrote:Defense Mode 1 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > IFF Standing
Docking Rights: Whitelisted ships only.

Defense Mode 2 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > IFF Standing
Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.

Defense Mode 3 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Hostile

Defense Mode 4 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Neutral
Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.

Defense Mode 5 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Neutral
There could be one more mode, a mode for the Mining Arrays.

A new base has got a cargo of 30,000, so there must be a command so that the array mine only 10,000 for example.
This command can look like that:
Code:
/miningarray <mineable commodity> <count of mineable commodity>
If you write
Code:
/miningarray helium 10000
the array will mine only 10,000 helium.

The base will collect the mineable commodities automatically.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Connor - 07-10-2015

Unfortunately this could kill off some mining factions. Not only that, your PoB will need to be in a mining field and it will not be able to progress passed Core 1 thanks to the new rules the admins laid out not so long ago.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - evanz - 07-10-2015

how lazy can ya get!!!!

also if the base gets destroyed lovely 30k of ore floating in space

anyway, bases as far as i know are not allowed in ore fields anymore

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - sindroms - 07-10-2015

You can achieve the same by ducttaping your RMB down and leaving your mining ship in the field to spin around, shooting randomly while you head out to make some pizza.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Primean Confederation - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 07:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: You can achieve the same by ducttaping your RMB down and leaving your mining ship in the field to spin around, shooting randomly while you head out to make some pizza.

Do not try this at home. Broke my right mouse button.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Misfit - 07-11-2015

(07-10-2015, 07:09 PM)sindroms Wrote: You can achieve the same by ducttaping your RMB down and leaving your mining ship in the field to spin around, shooting randomly while you head out to make some pizza.

If you're going to do that, a better option would be to set the "Fire forward" key to something and just put a weight of some sort on that key. This will make your mining lasers spread out and while you won't get a multiplier for hitting the same rock with 4 lasers, you theoretically would be able to hit more rocks than you're actually aiming at.

Then get blown up by a pirate while you're away from your computer because afking for any reason is bad and you shouldn't do it.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - SpaceTime - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 07:52 AM)Misfit Wrote: Then get blown up by a pirate while you're away from your computer because afking for any reason is bad and you shouldn't do it.

It depends. No pirate ever visits the highly platform'd Kruger or BMF fields so a miner is safe 24/7 there.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Misfit - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 11:01 AM)SpaceTime Wrote: It depends. No pirate ever visits the highly platform'd Kruger or BMF fields so a miner is safe 24/7 there.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to grab something nimble to do some piracy there.

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - TheSauron - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 11:01 AM)SpaceTime Wrote: It depends. No pirate ever visits the highly platform'd Kruger or BMF fields so a miner is safe 24/7 there.

* TheSauron coughs

RE: Player Base > Weapons platform > Mining Array - Swifty - 07-11-2015

How about stop attempting to kill activity with your lazyness and mine the ore yourself? This "new ideas" are useless and ticking me off already. No good.

Big no.