Discovery Gaming Community
Revives in disco? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Revives in disco? (/showthread.php?tid=132319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Revives in disco? - nOmnomnOm - 08-05-2015

So I was just thinking ...
would it be cool if like repair ships or junkers or something had a special skill where when you die in battle you could have your escape pod shot out and if a "medic" was near he could revive you to some kind of standardized small ship to fly away in until you dock on the base?? Kinda like an RP tool... with some bonus that you got out "alive"... perhaps you don't have to wait the 2 hours.

I don't know.. im almost certain it isn't possible but it doesn't hurt to just think about it. I would be cool to be able to revive someone I'd think.

thoughts? My mind is just wandering.

RE: Revives in disco? - Coin - 08-05-2015

um, I always had it in my mind that the player didn't die, cos 'ejector seat', but the ship did.

so, you could have a kind of revive, if there was a carrier nearby, in an event, that snubs could have their 2hour rule reduced to 15mins, maybe.

RE: Revives in disco? - nOmnomnOm - 08-05-2015

What could be fun maybe would be like.. You blow up and junkers could if you want to get a message of yr location. They then go and either shamelessly salvage your ship and leave you or revive you with their salvaged parts as a commodity.

so you would need to be cruel to some guys in order to help others.

RE: Revives in disco? - sindroms - 08-05-2015

You get blown up by a few missile ships. All you are doing is providing them with another blue.

RE: Revives in disco? - Sol - 08-05-2015

Salvaging ship parts for scrap is an amazing idea though. Maybe only the special kind of ships should be able to do such...

A destroyed ship could drop a small item that's minable with salvager turrets for a small amount of time?

However, it is abusable, as people could blow themselves up to be salvaged by their friends.

As for the revive, it seems like there are many problems associated with it. Keeping track of revived people for one.

RE: Revives in disco? - Techpriest - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 07:17 AM)Sol Wrote: However, it is abusable, as people could blow themselves up to be salvaged by their friends.

I'm pretty sure you would notice the "same" blues that keep happening and would easily report it.

RE: Revives in disco? - sindroms - 08-05-2015

How is that different from just respawning then?

RE: Revives in disco? - Cookie Jar Cloaks - 08-05-2015

---

RE: Revives in disco? - Sol - 08-05-2015

The aim should always be making features too hard for them to be abused, and always easy to keep track of, therefore reducing the probability of them causing regular headaches on the staff and making their lives a misery.

Anything that is abusable easily, no matter how easy it is to report them, probably won't be included in the mod.

RE: Revives in disco? - Burning - 08-05-2015

I'm not experienced in developement of Freelancer/Discovery. My idea on this topic would be to automatically create temporary wrecks (like normal wrecks, but these do despawn after server restart) when a playership has been blown up. Said ship can be salvaged by a Junkers ID'ed ship. As some of the other guys already stated, this is abusable.

For each house there could be different salvaged scrap. Salvage a Rheinland wreck and you will get (for example) "Rheinland scrap" out of it. Then create sellpoints for this scrap which makes the route a bit more profitable than ore trading, since it isn't easy to find these playerwrecks.

To get more players involved into salvaging (especially trading and Junkers factions), every shipclass (snubs, transports, capital ships) gets its own commodity being dropped after salvaging. A salvaged snub class fighter requires 1500 cargo space. So large transports can transport three of these. Transports do require 2500 (Because most parts of a transports are containers which do explode easily when attacked as you see on NPC trains). Capital ships do require 5000 cargo space. Therefore a capital ship wreck drops two units which can be transported. Requiring 5000 cargo space causes the transport be unable to use armor upgrades.

EDIT: Just realized this post didn't even aim for the actual topic of "reviving".