Discovery Gaming Community
POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships (/showthread.php?tid=132423)

Pages: 1 2 3

POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Chrono - 08-08-2015

The Idea
InRP Construction and Acquisition of Capital class vessels such as Liners, Cruisers, Battlecruisers, Battleships, and Carriers. This would require either one of two methods, both with its Pro's and Con's.

Method 1: This would require Admins to grant factions, either official or non official the ship in question after sufficient construction RP has been completed on the forums. This would be a burden on the Admins, adding more work to their schedules and thus cause even more backups on their already busy desks.

Method 2: This would require a POB (Yes, don't all shoot me at once) An Admin* or Research** granted Blueprint, and the required butt load of commodities ranging from Ship Hull Panels to Construction Machinery to whatever the ship would required. This would also bring a new purpose for the engines you can buy for your ships as say, a liberty Siege Cruiser would need 20 for its engine.

*Admin granted blueprints would make it admin based access to building the ships as well as giving them more work.
**Researching a set of ship blueprints would be a POB function as certain commodities would be needed to "Produce a specific blueprint for a specific ship.

An in depth look at Method 2
This in depth look takes into consideration the "Research Option" for acquiring blueprints.

Firth thing that would need to be done would be a POB built with the needed modules for ship construction (currently not available in game)Once the POB is up to Core 2, it would be capable of creating most of the ships with exception to the highest tier ships. Core 3 would be needed for the biggest of capital vessels.

Once the POB is created, the research module would start processing the required materials for the ship in question. Once this is done, the Blueprint will be created, thus making it possible to start the construction of the specific ship the blueprint is for. I will use the Liberty Dreadnaught for this example.

The Liberty Dreadnaught Blueprint with be the key to starting the construction. Construction machinery, Reinforced alloy, Ship Hull Panels, engine Components, High Temperature Alloy, Engine Components, and other things not listed here would be needed in its construction. The amount and ending cost of all of the needed materials would meet the price already set for the ships purchasable in game.

Once the ship is finished, it is ready for purchase at the POB for whoever ordered it. This could be a viable RP option for many factions, DSE can make Liberties heavy Military Vessels, Dauman can Make Rheinlands Military Vessels, Whoever makes Kusaries, Bretonias, and Gallias can make theirs, The Crimson Cross will make the maltesian militaries vessels if they wanted to Make a POB for such a thing as I know Scourgikins will probably jump at the chance to do... and so forth and so on.

This in my own personal opinion that in no way shape or form is meant to be rude or pushy, would add a new RP factor to the game as well as adding a ne reason for POB's to exist while cutting down on the random Battleships owned by non faction affiliated players.

Please Discuss

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Sabru - 08-08-2015

controls on capital ships and their numbers... that ship sailed so long ago that its now considered obsolete. *badumptish*

option 1: more work for admins, as you said.

option 2: forces POBs which can be detrimental to a faction's health sometimes.

neither option is good. As imperfect as it is, the current system works. no need to break or replace it.

aside from that, some factions already do exercise RP construction or acquisition of ships (mainly capitals or oddities)

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Antonio - 08-08-2015

The idea is good, but it's way too late for that now.

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-08-2015

Sounds like something Tides of War has Big Grin the only way you can acquire a Capital Vessel is like you listed.

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - FynnMcScrap - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 07:48 AM)Antonio- Wrote: The idea is good, but it's way too late for that now.

+1

way to much caps already in Game for that

I like option 2, but I like everything that gives more work to PoBs, so Im biased

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-08-2015

Would be cool if we could colonize Planets and then have PoP's, Player owned Planets.

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Epo - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 09:10 AM)Snake Wrote: Would be cool if we could colonize Planets and then have PoP's, Player owned Planets.

Yeah and planet surfaces when you dock at planet - kinda system inside a planet (like one planet in Crossfire)

And about Chrono's idea, as some people has said, it's already too late.
However, your idea is nice.

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - FynnMcScrap - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 09:16 AM)OCV-(M)E(ow)pona Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 09:10 AM)Snake Wrote: Would be cool if we could colonize Planets and then have PoP's, Player owned Planets.

Yeah and planet surfaces when you dock at planet - kinda system inside a planet (like one planet in Crossfire)

And about Chrono's idea, as some people has said, it's already too late.
However, your idea is nice.

It would be enough if you where allowed to SRP a docking ring and mooribt site on a planetoid.... then you could use the same mechanics as on PoB's .

I love Leeds resistance sattelite, though...
Still hope to get more "small craft only" docking points

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - Lord.MacRae - 08-08-2015

I like Method 2 somehow.

But,
how can big capital ships be built in such a small POB without any construction site like the big Shipyards have.
Before POBs and their look and possibilities have to be enhanced like biodome, ore smelter, ..... yeah many nice ideas that have not yet been implemented .... and perhaps never will be.

RE: POB RP Construction and Acquisition of Capital Ships - moebus - 08-08-2015

I think anything that could reduce the number of capital ships is good.
Method 2 makes a lot of sense.
However, it might be too late: due to the lack of players, it seems the number of capital ships is no longer a problem.