Discovery Gaming Community
Hello. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello. (/showthread.php?tid=132784)

Pages: 1 2

Hello. - DocPepper821 - 08-20-2015

Hey folks! My name's Doc.

I've been on the server sort of off and on for the past few months, but I have very much enjoyed my time on it so far and I want to become a more active member of the community. Currently the character I primarily play is a Junker named Doc_Pepper.

RE: Hello. - Kruger - 08-20-2015

Hello and welcome to Discovery!

If you want to become more active and meet players you should join a faction. You mentioned you like to play junkers.
There are 2 different junker factions active. 1 is more focussed on pirating and the other on trading.

If you want to get into the mining/trading business you might consider factions as Kruger, Daumann BMM or IMG. Here you can earn a lot of cash in short time, by mining and transporting ores.

I hope i've informed you enough, sure others can inform you about more parts of the game too.

Have a good day!

RE: Hello. - Enkidu - 08-20-2015

Heya and welcome to Discovery.

RE: Hello. - Shiki - 08-20-2015

Welcome to discovery, have fun, but follow the rules

RE: Hello. - Neonzumi - 08-20-2015

Fresh meat. Now I'm hungry.
Welcome to the madhouse, be sure to follow the rules.

RE: Hello. - Antonio - 08-20-2015

Welcome. Your first task as a new player should be to get a large transport for money making so you can make other ships. As stated above, joining a trading faction is a great start.

RE: Hello. - DocPepper821 - 08-20-2015

Thanks for the welcomes, I intend on following the rules, and thank you Kruger and Antonio for the advice. Smile I'll start looking at the different trading factions and make a character for one. Smile

I've also been looking at the Junker Congress for the faction I hope to eventually join on my Junker, but I wanted to get a bit more comfortable with the character before applying.

I also wanted to join a more military focused group as well to get in on battle events such as the war between Liberty/Bretonia and Gallia. I've been interested in making a Kusari Exiles character because I like the premise of the faction, but I was unsure if they are typically involved in different war events or even active. Anyone have any advice on whether that's a good idea or, if not, do you have any suggestions for an alternative?

RE: Hello. - zslayern - 08-20-2015

(08-20-2015, 01:13 PM)DocPepper821 Wrote: I also wanted to join a more military focused group as well to get in on battle events such as the war between Liberty/Bretonia and Gallia. I've been interested in making a Kusari Exiles character because I like the premise of the faction, but I was unsure if they are typically involved in different war events or even active. Anyone have any advice on whether that's a good idea or, if not, do you have any suggestions for an alternative?
Welcome to Discovery!

Heres a (somewhat biased) suggestion of mine:
The Crayter Republic.

Our lore is unique from the rest of Sirius as we originated from experiment sleeper ships which headed into the Crayter Sector. The Crayer Sector got some sort of unknown cluster-wide disaster which made the Crayterians rebuild their sleeper ships which they flew into Sirius.

They are currently in the war against Gallia, and are hostile to the Outcasts. And also really cordial allies with the IMG

Heres the thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=142 , good luck and have fun!

RE: Hello. - DocPepper821 - 08-20-2015

(08-20-2015, 01:30 PM)zslayern Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 01:13 PM)DocPepper821 Wrote: I also wanted to join a more military focused group as well to get in on battle events such as the war between Liberty/Bretonia and Gallia. I've been interested in making a Kusari Exiles character because I like the premise of the faction, but I was unsure if they are typically involved in different war events or even active. Anyone have any advice on whether that's a good idea or, if not, do you have any suggestions for an alternative?
Welcome to Discovery!

Heres a (somewhat biased) suggestion of mine:
The Crayter Republic.

Our lore is unique from the rest of Sirius as we originated from experiment sleeper ships which headed into the Crayter Sector. The Crayer Sector got some sort of unknown cluster-wide disaster which made the Crayterians rebuild their sleeper ships which they flew into Sirius.

They are currently in the war against Gallia, and are hostile to the Outcasts. And also really cordial allies with the IMG

Heres the thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=142 , good luck and have fun!
I like that premise as well. I'll definitely look into it!

RE: Hello. - axisdeus - 08-20-2015

Welcome and remember, there is no escape!