Discovery Gaming Community
Dev Notice: Shipcompat system - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dev Notice: Shipcompat system (/showthread.php?tid=132852)

Dev Notice: Shipcompat system - Hidamari - 11-10-2015

Alley Wrote:In the next patch, the shipcompat component of the technerf system will be removed.
For those who don't know the specifics of it, the technerf system works as the following:

- 1: It will check your ship for a control item (IDs in our case)
- 2: If so, it will apply nerf multipliers depending on what is defined in the techcompat configuration (ex: Order Guns on a Blood Dragon ID, or Order Ship on a Blood Dragon ID)
- 3: It will check another configuration, the shipcompat one, that oversees what this ship itself is compatible with (ex: A Battleship Scanner on a Percheron will work at 0.75x efficiency no matter what the pilot is flying as)
- 4: Prepare the soup and stack the nerfs.

Part 3 of this system will be removed. While it does make some sense, it's awfully complicated and simply ruins the game in many ways. It also cause the admins to lose an incredible amount of time trying to get things to work properly and usually cause faction tech requests to take an awfully long time because each ship belonging to the tech mix must be changed in the shipcompat configuration to account for the change if it's something really wild.

Now, the lowest tech element of your selection in the techchart will be the nerf you will fly with. They do not stack.
Example: Freelancer ID -> BHG Manta (75% on FL ID) + Bretonia Civilian Weapons (90%) = 75%. The lowest common nerf percentage is 75%. Your ship will fly with a 75% powercore.

Again, it's expectable some people will pull odd stunts of OORP mix techcombos. These guys will be dealt with by the rules for OORP. Ensure we don't have to smack you and all will be good. (IE: FL ID, GRN Lynx, Corsair Guns without any very very solid reasons = you get obliterated).

Needless to say nobody will miss this and technology perk requests should be processed much faster.

Hidamari Wrote:Long overdue.

SummerMcLovin Wrote:Good to hear, saves me having to ask for standardisation of Gallic/Sirian Engines to match cross-divide technerf values. Saving the work of the admins and devs is also good news.

TheFreelancer Wrote:hmm, i like!

jammi Wrote:Good stuff.

All I can say is "cleanup in Isle 3" when Karst sees this.

Alley Wrote:updated first post with precisions on how the system will behave.

Adam_Spire Wrote:How does this effect Special Roleplay Requests and their power nerf/setup?

Alley Wrote:Nothing will change for SRPs

Thyrzul Wrote:I see 5th paragraph and I wonder perhaps it'd be better to include that in rules as well, under the relevant one, to make sure there's definitely an official place not hidden under random archives over time where people just can't miss it. Just a thought.

JayDe Wrote:Finally. Many weeks passes since I asked to fix Farmer Alliance ship chart. Now it will be done in one large way to kill the entire problem for everyone.

RE: Dev Notice: Shipcompat system - Alley - 11-10-2015

Thank you for recovering this, moved to announcements.