Discovery Gaming Community
The Commune - Faction Information - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Commune - Faction Information (/showthread.php?tid=132981)

The Commune - Faction Information - PRJKTLRD - 11-15-2015

[Image: 4uQ91E3.png]

The Commune -- Faction Information

1. General Information

2. Synopsis

3. Background

4. Description

5. Goals and Purposes

6. Zone of Influence

7. Reputation

8. Final Words

9. Helpful links

-- 1. General Information

Faction Tag: (C~

Faction ID: Outcasts ID

Faction IFF: Outcasts

-- 2. Synopsis

The Commune is a terrorist organisation, formed by the remnants of the Samarran Raiders lucky enough to survive the incident in Texas, where without any knowledge or warning, the Order Primary Fleet decloaked before the station and opened fire. In only a matter of minutes, the installation disappeared in a ball of flame and death with barely any survivors.
It is known that no-one from the leadership, other than Jared Nomak, survived, as well as few of his closest followers who managed to escape in time. The survivors current location is unknown, yet increased Nomad activity has been spotted in and around Omicron Alpha.

-- 3. Background

After the accident, members who managed to survive the Order onslaught knew nothing of the others fates, as everything they had vanished aboard the station. Some of them became independent Pirates or Freelancers, hoping to find contracts where Order ships and personnel were targets, where others started venturing deeper into Sirius on their own. Some found their place in other similar organisations and some, found their peace on places like Gran Canaria, away from the prying eyes of their former friends and enemies.

Not long after the disaster in Texas aboard the base, Jared ventured into the cloud to search the wreck for information and possible valuables. it was there that he found his former brother-in-arms, André Rise, who came to the wreck with same intentions as he. Realizing that there was nothing left from the station but cold steel and the chill of long dead comrades, they set out for Rochester in the New York system. Upon realizing what happened, they agreed that they needed to gather their people, if any of them still lived, in order to continue where they left off. Upon coming to an agreement over what should be done, establishing a new base of operations, gathering what little forces they could muster, and starting the fight once more, they decided a drastic change was needed in the way they went about their work. Instead of conducting open-warfare tactics against their enemies, they would take it underground, to fight with advanced training, tactics, and technology, as well as thinning the enemy lines with subterfuge and assassination.

-- 4. Description

The Commune is a tightly-knit group of brothers and sister who share the same ideology, that is, following the path of the Nomads, and their culture. The idea was brought to Sirius by Jared Nomak and other Samarrans, when venturing from Samarras Babylon Sector. Their influence quickly spread, more and more noticed that there is salvation amidst the destruction that blights the colonies.

Even though the Commune is recognized as a religious group by those who are aware of its existence, it is actually closely allied with the Nomads and nomad infested groups, who view the small organisation as an ally they can count on whenever the need arises.

-- 5. Goals and Purposes

1. Follow the guidance of the Nomads, and serve their agenda, no questions asked.

2. Salvation of humanity through change. In order to save their race from total annihilation and constant conflict, the Commune are converting the poor and needy and establishing secret cults on planets and bases, in order to unite the people under the philosophy of the Solomon K’Hara inspired unity. The willing are shown the way, the reluctant, disposed of in an apathetic manner. The death of billions means nothing compared to the salvation of the race and its continuation from the few enlightened

3. Establish a foothold in the Sirius Sector. The Commune have no permanent base of operations since the destruction of their old base, yet they openly use their allies strongholds as well as freeports to base themselves. In order to survive and flourish, they must carve out a chunk of the Sirius for themselves, and no methods are shyed away from in order to reach this goal.

-- 6. Zone of Influence

Since The Commune is focused on helping preserve the bond between humans and Nomads, we will venture wherever the need arises, but mainly focus on the destruction of their biggest enemies.

Primary Zone of Influence: Omicrons

Secondary Zone of Influence: Taus

Teritary Zone of Influence: Everywhere else

-- 7. Reputation

Devoted: Slomon K'Hara

Allied: The Wild

Friendly: Outcasts

Cautious: Zoners, Junkers, Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues, GC

Resentful: Everyone Else

Hateful: House Police, House Militaries, House Intelligence Agencies, House Corporations, GMG

At War: The Order, Core, Coalition, CR, Independent Miners Guild

-- 8. Final Words

Since this is the faction which takes its origins from Samarran Raiders, we've kept their tradition and added some spice to it all. The original write up for this was written by myself and @Valhalla Rising.

Regular recruitment is closed, and only conducted via invitation or ingame roleplay.

A big thanks to @Chrono who helped us with some grammar fixing.

-- 9. Helpful Links

RE: The Commune - Faction Information - Valhalla Rising - 12-17-2015

no formatting, again since you're all really...

Anyhow. I will not allow this to turn into a thread that will, LIKE THE OTHER, become a finger pointing thread, with false accusations and trial by forum. I've again, asked a moderator to clear this one, and if you wish to point fingers at anyone, do so over Skype and via forum PMs, otherwise I'll be forced to report your posts, which may, in return, get yourselves warned. This is for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism only. That's not what any of you did.

Please, don't do it again. If you believe any of our members are cheating, the roleplay they show is not enough, then PLEASE, forward it to me, with you DSAce log, and any proof of said cheating can be forwarded to me, or any admin for review.

I've left the community two years ago since people treated other people like they're worthless. I don't wish to do so again.

RE: The Commune - Faction Information - Dimon - 12-17-2015

See the post above. If you have any comment (negative/possitive/passive) please PM the SICs. Posts are cleaned and thread have been closed per OP request.

I actually hoped that my 666's post won't be attached with mod stuff :P

RE: The Commune - Faction Information - Valhalla Rising - 01-04-2016

Due to recent change in leadership, I am now 1iC and all questions should be directed towards me, either here, or on Skype (live:valhalla.rising).

Thank you in advance.

RE: The Commune - Faction Information - PRJKTLRD - 04-16-2016

Due to my recent return to Discovery Freelancer, and Valhalla's lack of free time which resulted in zero activity, I will be retrieving leadership over the faction and try to revive it. There will also be not so big changes in faction's current goals and what would it seek.

For those who worked with Commune in past, on some projects or any kind of RP, send me a private message here or contact me over skype so we could figure out what we could do.