Discovery Gaming Community
Picking up the pieces - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Picking up the pieces (/showthread.php?tid=133046)

Picking up the pieces - Valhalla Rising - 11-17-2015

-- Wake-up Call
Project "Apex"
Braunschweig, -classified-, November 7th 816 AS.

"Wake up!"

A womans voice is heard echoing in the plain white room. Slowly opening his eyes, trying to regain his consciousness, Andre tries to lift himself up from the table he's laying on, when he's hit with a sharp pain above his waist.

"There's no time for explaining myself. Stand up, fast! The complex is under attack, if you want to live, get up, and take the pistol and the comm unit from the cabinet in front of you. Hurry!"

"What's... uh... going on?"

He mumbles, the voice barely escaping his mouth. A loud explosion is heard in the background, which shakes him, and makes him jump up from the position he was currently in, forgetting about the pain he's enduring. He turns around, but recognizes nothing. His memory of the place he's currently in is nonexistent. Finding himself in a situation he has no clue about, he decides to comply with the womans request, he stands up on his feet. The pain is back, so hard he's barely standing on his feet.

"Good, you're up. Get the gun, get the comm unit, and follow my directions closely."

He somehow gathers the strength and starts moving towards the small cabinet in the edge of the room. As he approached it, another, bigger explosion, shakes up the place. Andre now figured out that he's in a dire situation. Opening the cabinet, he spots the gun, without a clip, and the comm unit. He turns on the unit, and places it in his ear.

"Alright. We're making progress. Listen, my name is Mia, and I'm here to help you escape. You're in a HiSec operating complex ran by the Rheinland Military. Do you know who you are?"

Rheinland? Operating complex? It's all news to him, and it seems way too surreal. But he decides to play on, since it all feels very real.

"I guess so, yes. I can't recall how I got here, or anything, really."

There's a small pause before Mia speaks again, evaluating if he's capable of escaping.

"Okay. Listen closely. The base you're in is in High Security space, meaning escaping this place is going to be hard, if not impossible. But, since I know that you're capable enough, it shouldn't be as hard for you. The base is under attack by a local paramilitary, namely Bundschuh. They want to take down the research center since it's conducting research on both human and alien systems and weaponry, along with the integration of cybernetics within humans."

Now this feels weirder than it used to a couple of moments ago. Why would he be in a place like this.

"I do not understand a thing that's going on, but if what you're saying is true and that I'll be dead if I don't escape, then, there's nothing else you need to tell me. Where do I go?"