Discovery Gaming Community
Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... (/showthread.php?tid=133113)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Laz - 11-19-2015

Ok, there are so many accounts that have been made used for 5 mins then lay dormant for 3 years. I just want to know if we can get rid of some of them... Looking through the player list looking for people is very hard when you had hundreds of accounts that haven't been used for longer than an hour since 2011. I am just proposing we auto delete accounts that have been not used for more than a year.

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Bruce Samson - 11-19-2015

So what is the current policy on this subject?

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Querious - 11-19-2015

Not sure. Maybe this would give @Shinju and @Pavel something else to do than fight with each other.

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Lythrilux - 11-19-2015

What's the problem with these accounts? It's not like the accounts take up space or anything. There's no real reason to delete them. Some people drop the game for one, two or even three years only to return and become fully fledged members of the community.

And if you need to find members, have you tried using the search function?

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - nOmnomnOm - 11-20-2015

Just a year? No.
People come back believe it or not. I see no point in deleting them.

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Laz - 11-20-2015

(11-20-2015, 12:06 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Just a year? No.
People come back believe it or not. I see no point in deleting them.

Make it three then.... And take into account i said less than an hour....

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - jammi - 11-20-2015

I'd be in favour of automatically wiping any accounts that have 0 posts and haven't been logged into for a year or more. Owner definitely doesn't want them then, after all.

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - nOmnomnOm - 11-20-2015

Also if you delete accounts then what happens to the posts they made?

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - Shiki - 11-20-2015

(11-20-2015, 12:12 AM)jammi Wrote: I'd be in favour of automatically wiping any accounts that have 0 posts and haven't been logged into for a year or more. Owner definitely doesn't want them then, after all.

I would agree on this one.

RE: Delete Accounts that are clearly not Active.... - jammi - 11-20-2015

(11-20-2015, 12:22 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Also if you delete accounts then what happens to the posts they made?

Hard to lose posts if the reason the account is deleted is the fact it's never been used. Big Grin