Discovery Gaming Community
BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BMF- (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=330)
+----- Thread: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=133315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - darkwind - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 05:50 PM)spaceminer Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 01:32 PM)Arkenstone Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 10:04 AM)SlaveLabor Wrote: Hello. I'm so disappointed of my "encounter" with BMF that I decided to leave a feedback.
I was chilling near a freeport as an indie pirate when two transports appeared - Donnachaidh.Shipping.Co and BMF|Cuban. They tried to pass through a lane on cruise, but I outrun them using a lane and was waiting near the gates to force them to pay. At my surprise, because I didn't say a single word, they turned back and docked to the station. Later on, Cuban logged and undocked a few times, checking if I'm still there. Maybe I'm raging about nothing, but to my mind avoiding encounters is bad. My last robbery amount was half a million and I let dude to deliver stuff to his POB. It is hard to stay more of a reasonable pirate when I see such behaviour. Thanks...

Some guncams for ya:
one
two

Hello SlaveLabor,
Thank you for posting on the BMF feedback thread.
My name is Steve Malmsteen, the 2nd in command of BMF corporation.
This thread is for Bretonia Mining and Fabrication member's feedback so I cannot help you with the independent nickname "Donnachaidh.Shipping.Co" because he is not tagged BMF and we deal here with feedback concerning BMF corporation and BMF members only.

Concerning the BMF|Cuban,
As far as I can understand, the player BMF|Cuban docked in the middle of interaction which means that he is considered PVP dead by the server rules. He did not break any server rules by docking fast before getting robbed by your pirate character. I would like also to tell you that BMF is a corporation of miners, fabricators and transporters, So we in BMF see pirates as parasites who cannot make their own living except by attacking defenseless transport ships because they cannot defend themselves and that is exactly what a parasite pirate would love to deal with.

Knowing this fact, makes some of our members prefer to be considered "PVP dead" than being robber by a parasite inRP character of a pirate
My advice to you is to try harder and be faster next time so you can catch the defenseless trader without managing to escape or dock.

Good luck,
Steve Malmsteen

To be a pvp death after docking you have to be in a pvp situation. If no RP took place then docking is not a PVP death. This is our case since the only word coming out of the pirate was //really? ,If anyone doubt that please provide the logs and proove the opposite,while in that case i will do the same, as for the encounter , I , ME , MYSELF
and I , plus ME MYSELF AND I also , will deside according the moment, MY MOOD and the MOOD of Mr ME MYSELF and I , and my mood in affection with every possible variant like , the phase of the moon or the rotation of the earth IF , i say again . ME MYSELF and I all of us WANT to avoid or not or engage in RP then we simply don't ...and stop crying about it ....

Conclution :

1st: Docking was not a pvp death since actually we were never pirated ....

2nd: It is my right and privilage to deside if i will RP or not or if i will simply because i can escape or avoid contact with a pirate .

3rd: Learn how to pirate , i passed near you to scann your ID in cruising speed , before i fake a lane docking , causing you to dock to catch up, me taking a turn back to freeport and docking by the time you just made it back realising your mistake to take the lane instead of simply stopping me thus making you to go away , undock the lane and come back losing time and encounter advantage .

In short words .... you mostly look like the coyote not the roadrunner pal .... till next time

You had really long talking, I want to mention that there was a fine gold rule, how to consider someone being PvP engaged.

1) If attacked said two phrases, with at least one of them bearing intention to attack
2) and you had your shields dropped (gold rule says about half of your shield, but let's say at least more than 10% of shield damage was delivered)

then you were PvP engaged.

Simple chasings without words aren't PvP engagements.

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - spaceminer - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 05:56 PM)darkwind Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 05:50 PM)spaceminer Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 01:32 PM)Arkenstone Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 10:04 AM)SlaveLabor Wrote: Hello. I'm so disappointed of my "encounter" with BMF that I decided to leave a feedback.
I was chilling near a freeport as an indie pirate when two transports appeared - Donnachaidh.Shipping.Co and BMF|Cuban. They tried to pass through a lane on cruise, but I outrun them using a lane and was waiting near the gates to force them to pay. At my surprise, because I didn't say a single word, they turned back and docked to the station. Later on, Cuban logged and undocked a few times, checking if I'm still there. Maybe I'm raging about nothing, but to my mind avoiding encounters is bad. My last robbery amount was half a million and I let dude to deliver stuff to his POB. It is hard to stay more of a reasonable pirate when I see such behaviour. Thanks...

Some guncams for ya:
one
two

Hello SlaveLabor,
Thank you for posting on the BMF feedback thread.
My name is Steve Malmsteen, the 2nd in command of BMF corporation.
This thread is for Bretonia Mining and Fabrication member's feedback so I cannot help you with the independent nickname "Donnachaidh.Shipping.Co" because he is not tagged BMF and we deal here with feedback concerning BMF corporation and BMF members only.

As far as I can understand, the player BMF|Cuban docked in the middle of interaction which means that he is considered PVP dead by the server rules. He did not break any server rules by docking fast before getting robbed by your pirate character. I would like also to tell you that BMF is a corporation of miners, fabricators and transporters, So we in BMF see pirates as parasites who cannot make their own living except by attacking defenseless transport ships because they cannot defend themselves and that is exactly what a parasite pirate would love to deal with.

Knowing this fact, makes some of our members prefer to be considered "PVP dead" than being robber by a parasite inRP character of a pirate
My advice to you is to try harder and be faster next time so you can catch the defenseless trader without managing to escape or dock.

Good luck,
Steve Malmsteen

To be a pvp death after docking you have to be in a pvp situation. If no RP took place then docking is not a PVP death. This is our case since the only word coming out of the pirate was //really? ,If anyone doubt that please provide the logs and proove the opposite,while in that case i will do the same, as for the encounter , I , ME , MYSELF
and I , plus ME MYSELF AND I also , will deside according the moment, MY MOOD and the MOOD of Mr ME MYSELF and I , and my mood in affection with every possible variant like , the phase of the moon or the rotation of the earth IF , i say again . ME MYSELF and I all of us WANT to avoid or not or engage in RP then we simply don't ...and stop crying about it ....

Conclution :

2nd: It is my right and privilage to deside if i will RP or not or if i will simply because i can escape or avoid contact with a pirate .

3rd: Learn how to pirate , i passed near you to scann your ID in cruising speed , before i fake a lane docking , causing you to dock to catch up, me taking a turn back to freeport and docking by the time you just made it back realising your mistake to take the lane instead of simply stopping me thus making you to go away , undock the lane and come back losing time and encounter advantage .

In short words .... you mostly look like the coyote not the roadrunner pal .... till next time

You had really long talking, I want to mention that there was a fine gold rule, how to consider someone being PvP engaged.

1) If attacked said two phrases, with at least one of them bearing intention to attack
2) and you had your shields dropped (gold rule says about half of your shield, but let's say at least more than 10% of shield damage was delivered)

exactly no shields dropped no RP words spoken ... i know ...

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - Sara Tanaka - 04-28-2020

Well, It's not a PVP death then ....
I communicated with BMF|Cuban, and i found that it's not a PVP death at all !!
So i do not see what's the problem then ...

Please understand that we are not evading RP and PVP but we can try to escape right? so good luck next time.

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - Lord Chaos - 04-28-2020

@"SlaveLabor

I can totally see were you coming from, you wanted interaction and you expected you would win vs transports,

The thing is that not all players act the same, while some would gladly interact with you and pay something to the filthy pirate,

Other players would fight you if they had the chance while others would run for their lives,

My advice would be:

Camp always the 3rd trade lane counting from the JG or you'l be seen in scanners and never catch them,

Engage into RP more once you have your targets in range. Make it interesting enough so players don't feel like their wasting time,

Many traders fly off the lanes, which makes them a lot harder to catch, so keep an eye out for traders flying 50 k above the planar.

In any case, thank you for your feedback, i wish you better luck in your future attempts, life of a pirate isn't easy. *Hides the Rum.*

Best regards and fly safe

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - JadeTornado - 04-28-2020

Code:
Sure.

Code:

No, there was no interaction between me and Cuban as you will understand in next messages.

Code:

So selfish. Count how many times you said "me", "I", "myself" and think what another person got from meeting you (nothing). If you forgot, this is first a Role Play server, and then it's PVP and grinding money. If you have no "MOOD" to Role Play, why do you log? Why saving pixels is more important than playing your role?

"Hey, Donnachaidh, I think this guy might be pirating. I searched our database and got a notice from Bowex/Navy/My grandma on this ship. I think we better stop on the Freeport."
"Allright, Cuban, I'm glad we have a free minute."
"Hey guys, what database you were looking? I'm a respected mercenary serving Crown!"
"That might be so, sir, but we are carrying valuable cargo and can't afford acting unreasonable. I'd recommend you reaching Bowex/Navy/My grandma to solve the issue with your name in their database."
- And that's it. I would let you go. 2 lines, but you decided to avoid it.

Code:
Conclution :

Right. Sure you can avoid it on a role play server, no one can restrict that. Good luck acting like that with multiple players, they will like your faction.

Code:

You didn't get the point when I talked about 500.000 credits fee for a last 5k'er, right? I do this not for pixels which of you are afraid so much. I'm doing it for fun, for roleplay, as there are more profitable ways of making money and piracy is not that efficient.
"Learn how to pirate", you really think it was you so smart? And it wasn't me letting you go to play hide & seek, giving you a chance to escape? I must have been blind not seeing you didn't use a lane. I must have been deaf not hearing you are crusuing when you were passing the Freeport. I must have been retarded trying to pirate near a base which you can combatdock anytime. Yeah, you are treating me well.

Code:

Thank you for the input, I'll use that definition if someone will ask me about being PVP engaged, cheers.

Code:
Please understand that we are not evading RP and PVP but we can try to escape right? so good luck next time.
I think it was pure evading, because they could try using Jump Hole and they had advantage of scanning range, I would't have seen them coming there. I gave them space to maneuver and time to work something out. They could have tried to actually Role Play, talk me to death on a safe territory for example, but they didn't, he was not in a mood. He provided no interaction illustrating why he stopped in the middle of his trade route. It was seen as clear ooRP stuff with scanning and reacting.

Code:
@"SlaveLabor

I can totally see were you coming from, you wanted interaction and you expected you would win vs transports,

The thing is that not all players act the same, while some would gladly interact with you and pay something to the filthy pirate,

Other players would fight you if they had the chance while others would run for their lives,

My advice would be:

Camp always the 3rd trade lane counting from the JG or you'l be seen in scanners and never catch them,

Engage into RP more once you have your targets in range. Make it interesting enough so players don't feel like their wasting time,

Many traders fly off the lanes, which makes them a lot harder to catch, so keep an eye out for traders flying 50 k above the planar.

In any case, thank you for your feedback, i wish you better luck in your future attempts, life of a pirate isn't easy. *Hides the Rum.*

Best regards and fly safe

Saw you message in a last monent.
I wasn't expecting to win, though it was highly possibe, I was expecting to roleplay, have an interaction as you said.
I will repeat once again: I do it not for money, I don't care about pirating efficiently. I like getting on their six, flying with them a little, asking "how thing are going?", having small talks, and then maybe pirate in a place with less opportunities to escape, asking a symblic million or 5 if I didn't like him. Becase it's a role play server, come on!

Advice about engaing RP in scanner range is useful, but as I described above, it just wasn't as I like to do it, but I'll think how can I combine this, thanks.

You are right, people are acting different, quality of RP is different. I wanted to show you this act from Cuban was wrong from RP perspective as I see it. If you consider this a normal thing, I can't do anything about it, just every time I will encounter BMF, I will be recalling this situation and my mood may be getting so bad, that I will start asking unreasonable amount of money from them, because I know some of them they may be avoiding interaction on sight to save pixels and I have to use the moment of seeing one in front of me.

Appreciate fast and regardful answers Arkenstone, Cpt. Dillan Hunt. Forgive me my rudeness as I'm really pissed off.

RE: BMF| Bretonian Mining and Fabrication - Feedback - Lord Chaos - 04-29-2020

Well, traditionally BMF welcomes many new players into the server,

We teach the basics about the game, trading, mining, basically things about how the game works,

Stuff about how to RP minding the ID they carrying, and how to mind the rules of the server,

For this reason you will find all kinds of "gameplay styles" among our ranks,

For instance, im the guy that tried to fight an Enclave bomber whille flying a Surveyour with only mining arrays,

Of course i knew i would die, i could have run cause he took like forever to kill me but i didn't run and stayed and BOOM hehe

Maybe you find me next time maybe another pilot, as BMF we welcome interaction and i personally like a good RP more than a good "pew",

In any case, i hope you can still find it in you to come and play with us, make a good RP or "pew" whatever the situation calls for,

Nothing to forgive, i don't think your rude at all, i perfectly understand what caused your frustration but at same time (as far as i can see) our member didn't break any game or RP rules.

In the next few days we will try to set up some activities around the Taus, piracy will definitely make it more interesting. Wink *your chance to pirate those rascals BMF, shh*

We are just finalizing preparations to try and bring some activity to Kusari and the Taus. life will start to be more interesting up there hopefully.

Best regards and fly safe.