Discovery Gaming Community
Event System Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Event System Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=133675)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Event System Part 1 - HookDev - 12-07-2015

I'm sure you have noticed the new Active Events section in the sidebar, well there's more to it.

Last night we have deployed the first version of the Event System. Right now only trade events are created in order to ensure this part of the plugin works as intended. Once we are sure it is free from bugs, we will activate another part of the event system: the combat events.

The forum progress bars are updated every 30 seconds, however it may fluctuate from time to time depending on the sync between the forums and the game.

- How do I participate in the event?

We'll take the OS&C - Nagano event as an example. http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133672
The only condition to be able to participate is to have a mounted OS&C ID.

Once you have bought Passengers from MacKinac, this message will appear:
[Image: w98AEtE.png]

Let's say you are on your way to Cambridge, but something comes up in RL and you need to leave. Well fear not! As long as you still have the passengers from the original destination, when you return you will be informed you are still able to complete the event:
[Image: IJIcgGE.png]

However selling to the wrong destination, or buying more of the commodity from a different station in the event you were pirated will consider the route broken and unregister you from the event:
[Image: CUHXIL5.png]

Selling to the destination point with less than the initial amount is not a failure criteria, otherwise it would cause problems with cargo piracy.

You have made it to Cambridge, congratulations! As you sell the commodity, you will receive the bonus right after selling the commodity:
[Image: uQFHrV3.png]

As long as the event has not reached max capacity (250000 units in this case) you can participate again. Once the event has reached max capacity, it will cease to provide bonus credits.

Have fun!
- HookDev and The Admins

RE: Event System Part 1 - sindroms - 12-07-2015

Kudos.
Can unlawfuls get a sellpoint for these items? Do their prices change - a.i do they only have one sellpoint and one buypoint?

RE: Event System Part 1 - Corile - 12-07-2015

Can we haz something like that for NPC missions?

Say you need to be in a proper shiptype and do a mission for a particular faction to fulfill the event.

That would be amaze.

RE: Event System Part 1 - HookDev - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 09:31 AM)sindroms Wrote: Kudos.
Can unlawfuls get a sellpoint for these items? Do their prices change - a.i do they only have one sellpoint and one buypoint?

It's not handled through the system you are used to that alters the real price of the item. This one stacks independently so it does not require DSAce client updates to be sent.

If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about pirating one of the players participating in the event and moving the stolen goods to a base of your own to claim a bonus.

At the time this is not possible as it has not been implemented yet due to some problems with it. For instance, looting the cargo from space if it has been split in multiple objects in space can cause issues in the calculation and I need to be able to handle that before it can be added to the server.

RE: Event System Part 1 - Karst - 12-07-2015

Just made an event delivery.
Can I just say this is awesome, it's really cool that this is possible and that you're using it for more obscure routes and IDs.
Kudos!

RE: Event System Part 1 - Lythrilux - 12-07-2015

RHopefully the ships made for these events will still be used after, allowing for struggling factions to get a population increase.

RE: Event System Part 1 - Laura C. - 12-07-2015

Wow, awesome addition, big kudos!

Are there any plans for some player created events? I mean something like /createevent planetHonshu planetNewBerlin Optronics 500000000 command in which player could set new event and the money for bonus payment (in addition to regular profit) would be taken from his char?

Or if not, maybe we could have special thread where anyone could post such basic info as request and name of char from which admins would deduct the money, and then they would create the event.

RE: Event System Part 1 - moebus - 12-07-2015

This is a great idea! Thanks!!

RE: Event System Part 1 - Hidamari - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 12:50 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: RHopefully the ships made for these events will still be used after, allowing for struggling factions to get a population increase.

all but 1 of the other planetform ships i have seen have been silent unarmoured shetlands. one of we invited another in group after they really wanted to come with PFI) and they openly said they werent interested in RP or joining the faction, only the money.

and after that and seeing so many unarmoured shetlands doing the run it kinda turns the event sour for me.

RE: Event System Part 1 - HookDev - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 01:20 PM)Hidamari Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 12:50 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: RHopefully the ships made for these events will still be used after, allowing for struggling factions to get a population increase.

all but 1 of the other planetform ships i have seen have been silent unarmoured shetlands. one of we invited another in group after they really wanted to come with PFI) and they openly said they werent interested in RP or joining the faction, only the money.

and after that and seeing so many unarmoured shetlands doing the run it kinda turns the event sour for me.

It is a bit trial and error at this point, I'm sure the admins will take this in consideration for the next batch of events.