Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes (/showthread.php?tid=133839)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Lythrilux - 12-13-2015

Name is subject to change, not comfortable with it right now imo.

Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes
ID: Gallic Junker
IFF: Gallic Royal Navy
Naming Convention: )G(-[Name]
ZoI: Taus, Bretonia
Ships: Gallic Lawful, Junker, Sirius Civilian

Description

The Royal Privateers are a closely-knit group of Navy service men and women that partake in piracy against military targets, as well as reconnaissance and military espionage. Privateers mostly originate from shady or dubious backgrounds, but it is this which makes them good at their trade. Their knowledge of jump hole connections as well as how to navigate nebulas makes them masters of hit and run guerilla strikes against military and corporate targets. Once the damage has been dealt, they effortlessly slip back to home turf. Such a reputation has also earned them the nickname 'des fantômes', or in English, the Ghosts.

The Royal Privateers base themselves away from Gallia and leave patrolling of home space to the Royal Navy and the Royal Police.

The Royal Privateers make use of Gallic Lawful technology, as well as Sirian technology that they have been able to successfully steal.

Goals

1. Destruction of supply lines belonging to the enemies of the Crown.

2. Domination of the Tau Border Worlds, Destruction of the Outcasts who operate there, Surveillance of the Independent Miners Guild and their activities.

3. Precision strikes against Bretonian assets and forces.

4. Acquisition of Intel on the four houses, ensuring Gallia is kept ahead of it's enemies.

5. Theft of ships and equipment to strengthen ourselves.

History

WIP

Diplomacy

Allied:
Gallic Lawfuls
Gallic Corporations

Friendly:
None

Neutral:
Gallic Unlawfuls
Union Corse
Independent Miners Guild
Sirian Unlawfuls

Unfriendly:
Junkers
Zoners
Hogosha
Sirian Corporations

At War:
Outcasts
Sirian Lawfuls
Wild
Nomads

Ranking Structure

WIP

Recruitment

If you wish to join and obtain a special edition of the Letter of Marque then apply here. Limited stock.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Des Fantomes - Lythrilux - 12-13-2015

pls tell me i translated properly.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Jack_Henderson - 12-13-2015

The Gallic Junker ID has already been announced to be deleted. It's an oversight that it is still in.
I think you are wasting your time.
If you want to fly in the pvp events, just make a GRN or a Liberty Navy/Police.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Lythrilux - 12-13-2015

http://i.imgur.com/qVAHPO5.png

The ID is still in the game and can be bought. I am confident that there is interest in this roleplay, as it is different to that of a GRN ID and cannot be emulated in the same way. It is a great mistake to simply delete the ID and remove it from the mod instead of just remaking the NPC faction.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Wesker - 12-13-2015

You copied my faction with the "Les Fantomes" u skreb

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Lythrilux - 12-13-2015

shuddup bohmemes

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Alestone - 12-13-2015

Given the... heavy handed approach of the Gallic factions, I think this is, while well written, something that is unlikely to occur, lore-wise.

The Gallia I have encountered isn't in the habit of following the rules of warfare and differentiating between civilian and military targets. Additionally, privateering is normally a tactic employed by the weaker side, as it is effectively the naval version of guerilla warfare.

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - The Savage - 12-13-2015

I thought GJ ID is deleted and there's no sellpoint.

As for the idea, we need Gallic Privateers, because Corse doesn't really fit that role due to pretty complicated diplomatic ties.

(12-13-2015, 04:48 PM)Chance Wrote: privateering is normally a tactic employed by the weaker side

The English/British Royal Navy would like to argue... C:

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Shizune - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 10:49 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: I thought GJ ID is deleted and there's no sellpoint.

As for the idea, we need Gallic Privateers, because Corse doesn't really fit that role due to pretty complicated diplomatic ties.

(12-13-2015, 04:48 PM)Chance Wrote: privateering is normally a tactic employed by the weaker side

The English/British Royal Navy would like to argue... C:

And thus the Bretonia Privateers were bor- oh wait..
I mean, basically the British privateers ARE the Bretoina privateers..

RE: Gallic Royal Privateers - Les Fantomes - Shizune - 12-13-2015

I would also like to point out, according to the Techchart, JG get 90% on GRN weapons and ships