Discovery Gaming Community
Questions regarding bounty hunting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Questions regarding bounty hunting (/showthread.php?tid=133875)

Questions regarding bounty hunting - Ogie - 12-14-2015

Hello
I have 3 questions about bounty hunting, I was reading liberty bounty board and I saw that LPI can claim bounties

1-I do not see in LPI ID description that it can claim bounties
2-If I can claim bounties then like if I have a LPI gunbot, in role play I can kill rogues and criminals and after killing them I can also claim cash from republic of liberty ?
3-If I am registered on 2 different boards with same ships, I can claim a single kill on both boards ?

RE: Questions regarding bounty hunting - The Savage - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 08:14 AM)Ogie Wrote: Hello
I have 3 questions about bounty hunting, I was reading liberty bounty board and I saw that LPI can claim bounties

1-I do not see in LPI ID description that it can claim bounties
2-If I can claim bounties then like if I have a LPI gunbot, in role play I can kill rogues and criminals and after killing them I can also claim cash from republic of liberty ?
3-If I am registered on 2 different boards with same ships, I can claim a single kill on both boards ?

To answer all your questions:
Every ID has a right to fulfill bounty within their ZOI (if it doesn't have ZOI, you are free to claim in anywhere), except for generic IDs that doesn't have that line, such as Pirate and Miner ID. As for the latter question, yes you can do that.

ALSO, there's one exception concerning engagement: if your engagement started in your ZOI, you are free to chase your target even outside your ZOI - unless it disappears from your scanner range, I pressume. But, I am not sure what's the case concerning bounties here.

RE: Questions regarding bounty hunting - The Savage - 12-14-2015

Now I found something pretty interesting:

Quote:8. Groups and factions may enter into contracts with governments or entities for flat rate fee payments instead of individual bounties. The flat rate shall be at least 30 million credits, and can be higher. Proof of this payment shall be posted prominently upon the forum, either on the bounty board or in a thread specifically regarding that contract. All acts under such contracts must be posted.

What does it exactly mean, Greens?

RE: Questions regarding bounty hunting - Laura C. - 12-14-2015

I´m not green, but it means that govs (or other factions) can simply pay some organization/faction for example 50 million per month regardless of how many targets were destroyed. I remember for example BHG had deals like that in the past. It makes things easier for govs because they don´t have to check bounty board all the time and pay bounties individually, instead they just send money once per month.

RE: Questions regarding bounty hunting - Doria - 12-14-2015

Any ID can claim a bounty. You just can't actively hunt criminals unless you are a freelancer or a bunter.

But, in the case of the LPI as you asked: you would not say "hey, you have a bounty on your head, I am here to colect that". That would be actively hunting. But, as you suggested in your question, if you meet a criminal, he refuses to pay a fine and you kill it, then you can claim the bounty afterwards, as an "extra".

RE: Questions regarding bounty hunting - Ogie - 12-14-2015

Ok thanks for the replies every one Smile
I understood what you guys told