Discovery Gaming Community
To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? (/showthread.php?tid=134327)

To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Luke. - 12-29-2015

[Image: LOTB.png]

Uhh. Apologies... Claes Leslie was it?

Anyway. Buongiorno my friend. Are you even still a friend? I guess distant acquaintance may be more appropriate by now. If you are indeed still cruising around with your squad, do tell me how things have been. Whether you care or not, I apologise for the prolonged absence that came so suddenly.

For now I'm afraid I have to get straight to formalities as time may be running short. I have a lot to do in the coming days but for the moment, a response to know you're alive will do; along with perhaps your opinions on current political events in our corner of Sirius space.

As you may have guessed by the communication header that you saw prior to hearing this, I am still flying the old Lance flag. A man can hope, si? An opinion on that would be well heard too.

I eagerly await any sign of life out there.

-Orsini

RE: To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Hidamari - 12-29-2015

[Image: t9qDlOh.png]
[Image: 7GcSA.png]

"Buena sera signore Orsini.... It... is a surprise to see you again, and in once piece? Forgive me if that seems a little rude, I had assumed the worst since yours and Lance' sudden disappearance. This month has seen the miraculous return of both the Ghosts of Razgriz and the Lance at the same time, im not sure if this was planned or just a bizarre coincidence but more allies should always be a good thing. *Claes nodded and rubbed her head*

"However, the return of such powers doesn't seem to mean anything good for the Homeworld, I hope I am wrong on this but history just seems destined to repeat itself again and again. So I cant say im holding my breath that anything good will come of it. As usual the powers that be seem to be far more determined when it comes to destroying one another than any of our enemies." *Claes sighs slowly*

"As for the mosquitoes, we are still here, thanks to the cross. Still, clinging on to whatever we can while trying to avoid the unstoppable and unstable swirling vortecies of the other factions amongst our kin, as regrettably any involvement on our part will only result in our destruction. We in the seventy fifth are much too small to be tempting fate so openly." *Claes looks into the camera a little more sternly for a moment*

"Will history repeat itself once more?"

*She salutes sharply and closes the com*

[Image: iNGeN.png]

RE: To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Luke. - 12-29-2015

Leslie,

Grazi for the prompt response. As fast as the insects you represent, hmm? I mean that in the nicest way possible of course. Small and nimble trumps big and slow.

I understand your concerns, it's a towering shadow that unfortunately is engraved into our history and some parts may never be forgotten. The images are fresh in my head and were the brunt of my reasoning for being so hesitant to fly once again. It's been a journey and outer-space operations since rebuilding our home compound did not last either. We saw nothing but fierce eyes and tormented souls flying about the Omicrons after the civil war. It was not a pleasant feeling. A true Maltese man I may be but following the ordeal, even I could no longer mentally stand the aftermath of the war. It was too much.

However, as you may have seen in transmissions sent indirectly across the Nacion, relations are to hopefully flourish anew. The lesser of the two evils that encompass the Casta sisters, have re-appeared and she contacted me almost immediately. I felt motivation return to my veins as a result. We have been talking about the current situation and the future of the Nacion, hence my initial question about your opinions on such.

To bring this extended communication to an answer for you... We do not in any way condone the events that happened just months ago. Hindsight is a kick up the backside and neither of us wish for any negative events to repeat themselves and we will personally do our upmost to prevent it. Of course however, one pressing concern and one that pushed me further to get in the saddle once again... Is indeed the Crimson Cross.

Again, I am sure I speak for Casta as well as myself when I say that we will never again support any uprising or attempt to overthrow one another; but we feel that the Cross themselves have perhaps pushed the barriers too far, even to the point where the Nacion's rigid shape and collective way of thinking, are at serious risk.

I am not asking for your direct support or to in any way compromise your relationship with the Crimson Cross, I cannot emphasise enough that we are not here to overthrow their reign over Malta. We simply wish to gently re-balance the power between Famiglia, Military and Religious entities. Something that has been absent for some time now. We just don't want to lose the Mosquitos in the process.

-Orsini

RE: To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Hidamari - 12-29-2015

[Image: kVr4xPK.png]

"I understand the outrage you may feel, as well as the Casta sisters too. Change is of course a difficult thing for all of us, no matter how much or how little you wish to be involved. The old ways are close to my heart also, however I also do not recognise that familias slaughtering and murdering one another at will was the best way to conduct business, regardless of being given a seat on the Council of Dons in its time, I felt like the methods being used were simply both insufficient and inefficient. *Claes looked to the side for a moment and sighed loudly, taking a long pause before continuing*

"To speak of positives however, I must admit I am again humbled at how much attention -and dare I say respect?- The Seventy Fifth Mosquitoes has earned for itself. Even though we try to remain out of the volatile political hurricane that spins so violently around our home systems we still seem to have gained ourselves a reputation of excelence which other factions several tens or even hundreds of times larger than my own still respect. *she raises her eyebrows with a thankful expression*

"It is of course good news that you would choose not to fight openly with the current power of the homeworld, though as a hot blooded Maltese myself I will not think of you differently should you feel you need to break these words and take up arms. It is of course the way of our society it would seem." *Claes grins and chuckles quietly for a brief moment*

"We are currently performing maneuvers in the California system, reporting on the war with the Gallic forces pushing into Liberty, as well as information gathering on several unknown but now prominent freelancer groups, if you are ever in the area you are welcome to come aboard our flagship and make yourself at home, signore.

*She lightly bows her head and closes the com*

[Image: iNGeN.png]

RE: To: The 75th Mosquitos || Are you still here? - Luke. - 12-29-2015

Leslie,

Wasting no time again. A quality I hope never leaves you.

One thing that may never change is the Nacions seemingly natural ability to be a hostile environment even for Maltese, let alone foreign vessels. As we've all seen before, things don't exactly always go to plan, no matter how good the intent.

Finally, I'll be sure to keep that offer close to heart. I can't see myself travelling down to Liberty anytime soon aside possible Cardamine trafficking down to the Junkers, but stay safe. I should probably make sure they're still promoting the orange as much as they used to.

May our paths cross in due time.

-Orsini