Discovery Gaming Community
WE DID IT REDDIT!!! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: WE DID IT REDDIT!!! (/showthread.php?tid=134542)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Sombs - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 09:46 AM)Sheekochan Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 09:32 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 09:21 AM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 08:17 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Well, the Core is the only lawful force in the Omicrons.

"Lawfulness" has never really been a too accurate indicator of relations between factions, best examples I know for that are from my immediate surroundings. What makes someone lawful or unlawful? Own agenda being all about caring about the people around you apparently doesn't, nor do diplomatic relations, Council is a populist revolution, and we are allied to houses, but we are still considered unlawfuls. Well, yea, it's a lot easier to find the answer in the case of houses, while both GRN and Council claim to exist and conduct their stuff for the Gallic people, only GRN is affiliated with an existing Gallic Government, thus they are the lawful military, and we are the unlawful.

The Omicrons however don't really have a government, do they? Major military forces are Order and Core, and then from the edges come Outcasts and Corsairs. The latter two doesn't seem to be interested in the Omicrons as much as the former ones, more like about killing eachother and spreading their own stuff (cardamine, artifacts) throughout their own half of Sirius. The Order and Core however seem to be approach the same issue (Nomads) through different means, that and competition for Omicrons in general define their rivalry, and neither of them have a too big navy to roll with.

It's hard to decide whether Order or Core are the more lawfuls in Omicrons, so I'd advice against using the terminology altogether.

Order are house-wise considered terrorists, while Core tries to establish a "house" in the omicrons with conditions we know from house space. They come from house space, have a support from house forces to a specific point and the difference between Core and Order regarding the nomad topic is: Order actually looks for a solution for the nomad problem and wants to destroy all nomad technology so it doesn't land in the wrong hands. Core uses nomads as an infinite ressource of income (aside from finite Iridium on Nauru), uses nomad technology (nomad adapted weapons at Alabama) to become stronger and shares those materials with all those who can afford it.

It's true, ooRP are Order the good guys, but inRP, seen from house space, Core is the good guys. That's why Core is considered "lawful evil" on pen and paper alignment charts.

Since Houses are originally coming from the sleeperships you cannot "become a house". And Outcasts and Corsairs have a legit House right at this point if other Houses wish to see them as criminals and unlawful it's their right. You have "lawful", "quasi-lawful" and "unlawful" IDs which is not roleplay thing as is. Outcasts will be lawfuls in Omicron Alpha and Core with APM tech are pretty much unlawful there. Don't mix the IDs and an actual laws enforcement along with RP behind it.

Well, isn't house-wise the general point of view for ooRP declarations of lawful and unlawful? Anyway, this isn't a discussion thread about who's good and who's bad. I think I made my point clear and picking phrases and words that aren't 100% the way formulated you want doesn't make the discussion better. The fact is: Core is enforcing laws in Delta in a way we know it ie. from Liberty. You are part of a criminal faction or work with them? You get shot. You have contraband with you? You will asked to drop it or get shot. You insult a "lawful"? You pay a fee or get shot. A substantial difference is the way bigger ZoI compared to Liberty. Core has much more opportunities to raid. Kappa with AI and Corsairs, the many Corsair systems, the rare visited Outcast systems, the nomad systems, SCRA systems, red hessians, etc...

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Thyrzul - 05-07-2016

We weren't discussing who's good and who's bad, we were discussing who's lawful and who's unlawful, at least you brought up that point. Learn the difference. GRN is bad but also lawful. If we discuss who's good and who's bad we have a lot easier task: Core is bad. Or rather, evil.

Also, the fact that a faction enforces laws doesn't make it lawful either, many unlawful factions enforce their own laws in their own space as well.

As I said, let's not use this terminology, shall we?

Quote:We weren't discussing who's good and who's bad, we were discussing who's lawful and who's unlawful, you brought up that point at least. Learn the difference. GRN is bad but also lawful. If we discuss who's good and who's bad we have a lot easier task: Core is bad. Or rather, evil.
Quote:picking phrases and words that aren't 100% the way formulated you want doesn't make the discussion better
Quote:this isn't a discussion thread

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Thyrzul - 05-07-2016

Take it as feedback then: Stop using terminologies where they aren't applicable, else you may end up with discussions like this.

That had nothing to do with the topic. It's just picking on words and phrases that you think aren't fitting, but are gameplay-wise/ID-wise in an ooRP forum thread. Also, I got your point, but don't expect someone here to write absolutely political correct posts for explaining simple things. I'm not a politician and this is a forum about a game. Please don't expect other people to be more perfect than you are. No need to start discussions about "I think you used the wrong term there" while being told to stay on the topic twice.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Darku - 05-07-2016

It's true that we most recently fought in the Omicron Delta. But does that mean we/corsair should not go there? Once our conversation earlier in the game I even told you Delta is not just for Core, still has The Order, Zoner, and Corsairs. Yaren stations do not have in our/corsair possession does not mean corsairs can not come, or fight. and it is not about who is good or bad, it's just about the attitude core has. How many battles you were present ? I really did not see you just only at some nomad missions. We had encountered many times but we had no fight between us, they ganked us maybe you don't want to admit it. Now look at those logs, happened 1 week ago. We wanted to maintain the balance but I do admit not all give that but we tired of letting them gather more fleets but got no reply !

Quote:[27.04.2016 20:32:39] Falcon.Negro[TBH]: try not to gank if possible
[27.04.2016 20:32:56] Del.Molla: //any more bs coming from core side ? (no answer from core)
[27.04.2016 20:35:34] Del.Molla: lol, gank ? :|
[27.04.2016 20:35:37] Falcon.Negro[TBH]: don't gank it
[27.04.2016 20:35:57] Del.Molla: that's why core ganks u

Now, how many times we/Corsair visit in Omicron Rho ? We did when officially Core had a POB near Alabama Station, I bet you weren't even around that moment. Now, Gamma part; How many times Core comes in Corsair home system ? many time, at least we don't visit Core home system. Go make order/corsair and I can guarantee you gank squad will come after you.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - GuapMan - 05-07-2016

Shiki honestly i'm not going to bother to explain myself with your comment, you obviously are looking to troll and it will not work.
work on your own faction before you talk about others, thanks.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Annoucements Thread - Shiki - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 11:12 AM)GuapMan Wrote: i'm not going to bother to explain

It's okay, you are GuapMan after all.

(05-07-2016, 10:22 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: That had nothing to do with the topic. It's just picking on words and phrases that you think aren't fitting, but are gameplay-wise/ID-wise in an ooRP forum thread. Also, I got your point, but don't expect someone here to write absolutely political correct posts for explaining simple things. I'm not a politician and this is a forum about a game. Please don't expect other people to be more perfect than you are. No need to start discussions about "I think you used the wrong term there" while being told to stay on the topic twice.

What topic exactly? You said something, I corrected you and then you went on defending your misuse of terminology even though you could just have let it go with an "okay, not lawful then, but pretending, now get back to the actual topic". If whether you used the correct term or not wasn't the topic or anywhere related to it, why did you continue?

(05-07-2016, 11:23 AM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 10:22 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: That had nothing to do with the topic. It's just picking on words and phrases that you think aren't fitting, but are gameplay-wise/ID-wise in an ooRP forum thread. Also, I got your point, but don't expect someone here to write absolutely political correct posts for explaining simple things. I'm not a politician and this is a forum about a game. Please don't expect other people to be more perfect than you are. No need to start discussions about "I think you used the wrong term there" while being told to stay on the topic twice.

What topic exactly? You said something, I corrected you and then you went on defending your misuse of terminology even though you could just have let it go with an "okay, not lawful then, but pretending, now get back to the actual topic". If whether you used the correct term or not wasn't the topic or anywhere related to it, why did you continue?

(05-07-2016, 10:10 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
Quote:We weren't discussing who's good and who's bad, we were discussing who's lawful and who's unlawful, you brought up that point at least. Learn the difference. GRN is bad but also lawful. If we discuss who's good and who's bad we have a lot easier task: Core is bad. Or rather, evil.
Quote:picking phrases and words that aren't 100% the way formulated you want doesn't make the discussion better
Quote:this isn't a discussion thread

The topic was about Core behavior in Delta. I explained why Core does behave like that, used a term that is totally legit to use for Core, as Core is described by the mod as a lawful faction, and you started a discussion in the Core feedback thread about an indi Core player using not the, in your opinion, right term, which was not relevant for any related of the topic. Then you started to sell it as a feedback, not to Core, but to an indi Core player who wasn't using the terms that in your opinion aren't the okay ones in a totally other matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heated about that and my opinion of you won't be better or worse for your opinion of "Is it the right term?", but all I say, now for the third time, is to not pick on some stupid, subjective to be seen words that you think aren't right and try to have the last word on this seemingly very important matter. It's a feedback thread for Core, some criticised the behavior of Core and I tried to explain why it's okay the way it is.

If you still want to discuss about terms or people who don't use the terms the way you want, do it outside this thread. It has simply no relevance for this thread, because I hardly doubt it's very important to criticise someone in a feedback forum for that. Simply don't try to justify that. Leave it as it is, come back here when you have something to give a feedback.