Discovery Gaming Community
WE DID IT REDDIT!!! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: WE DID IT REDDIT!!! (/showthread.php?tid=134542)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Stoner_Steve - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 01:23 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 01:20 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: So threatening inRP (even if it can't be done ooRP) isn't allowed anymore, fantastic work Admin team, best thought process ever

You know Ageria threatened to have my Junker exiled from Liberty, could I have wined to the admin team and said since they didn't catch me in Liberty it was ooRP and remove the thread?

Ageira isn't a house military, police or intelligence.

Sarcasm you get not

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Jack_Henderson - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 01:17 PM)St.Denis Wrote: The reason why the Staff got involved was because this Card was played.

- House Miltary, Police and Intelligence factions may enforce roleplay consequences only for actions occurring within their ZOI.

As the Staff, we have to abide by the Rules if it is brought to our attention. Within the Post, mentioned, was some RP consequences. There was nothing 'fishy' about it.

Are you kidding us?
You cannot do roleplay (!) any more, about something like "taking a political stance" in an irp event?

I heavily doubt that the veteran player on BAF side did not know the rule that would have prevented Bretonia from going all "Olol-ban-all-the-Core!!!". He definitely is no newbie in this community and rp.

But since when is it not permitted any more to participate? It was clear that the Out-of-ZoI / Border Worlds rule was in effect, but that rule is meant to protect factions from consequences that would be damaging for gameplay (like House FR5s), but it is not meant to protect factions from actually doing roleplay! From what I remember, the gist of the post was: "What did you do there?"

Seriously... no.

And it is indicative that Lyth reported it.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Lythrilux - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 10:55 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: And of course Core/Lyth does it again.
Destroy / boycott roleplay.

Pullout of Nauru roleplay: After initial total refusal to even participate in any roleplay concerning Nauru (and Core feedback exploding), Lyth found it somewhat tolerable to allow for roleplay, even at some point said he could imagine participating (but of course never did even after talking about what would make the thread more authentic and balanced), and now decided to drop out again. Reasoning: the Yaren selling point is agreed anyway, no need to rp any more, and we do not feel we like how it is getting more convoluted.

Literally, this is as bad as it gets on a roleplay server when an official faction is first trying to forbid others to roleplay, then boycots roleplay, then agrees but in reality only stalls, and then pulls out finally.

My only mistake was agreeing to it because a couple of my members + you and the other people involved kept pestering me about it and wanted us to give the greenlight even though myself and HC voted strongly against it, but I decided to be nice and let things slide. Eventually the RP is growing into something else other than what you originally told us it would be. That along with my members who were going to get involved opting out themselves too, because they didn't like where it was going either, just lead me to telling you about the status of things on Skype.

Truth be told we weren't necessarily all from it from the outset. It's our mistake for not getting across our entire feelings on the matter from that point. But stepping in and declaring our stance on it now is best sooner rather than later. Effort has gone into that roleplay and it's getting bigger and bigger. But I'd hate to see all that player effort wasted on something we don't want to be a part of. I think it'd be best if that effort was spent on something else more constructive. Think of it as tough love on our part.

(06-02-2016, 10:55 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: "War war war!" yelling, while avoiding interaction: It is rather obvious when looking at the numbers that during the event Core was enjoying themselves, but afterwards, the repercussions and the logical roleplay were not that much to the liking (shown by thirty-something pages of criticism). Pulling out and not playing is the choice, it seems. Same thing with Nauru now.

In my opinion, it is really bad if you have your faction run around yelling "War! War everybody", but then have nothing follow up. Not even present your assets for interaction or pews.

The only credible and realistic interaction with Core within the last weeks is Foxglove, who really does a great job. Without him putting a lot of time and effort into authentic roleplay, Core would be almost on a meme level, rotating around the topics "War! War everybody!" and some funny maps of claims.

Careful with your choice of words. Core doesn't avoid interaction. Forum roleplay isn't really an interaction. The logical roleplay that followed was entirely to our liking and I embraced it. I don't get why people bothered spending 16-odd pages whining about their lost sense of propriety.

I haven't been logging recently because I - shock horror - actually play other games and do other things! My life doesn't revolve around Disco. Plus after Delta the Liberty events suddenly came up and sucked the activity away from the region, and without the Delta events the Omicrons are the same ambience-less area they always are. We did raid Mu the other day but we got attacked by a bunch of people using Fisheye. What fun.

Furthermore Dagger Outpost is a lot less useful than I'd thought it'd be. Core seriously needs an Omega>Rho connection to be able to take advantage of decent and consistent Omega activity, or at least an Omega restart. The base is still too far away and inconvenience when it comes to the creation of Omega ships; which is a problem we've had for the last couple years.

(06-02-2016, 10:55 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Silent removal of unliked roleplay content: Lyth had valid roleplay removed by staff, thereby discouraging whole parties from joining any further roleplay. That's not the way to play on a roleplay server. You are the one who always says "deal with roleplay", but hey... I think that was not meant that you deal with it by oorp means, staff and whatever your means are.

[I request a statement on this one because this sounds fishy to an extreme degree!
Since when does staff get involved in roleplay?

I had no idea the thread had been removed until today. I expressed my grievances regarding it on Skype to Alphawolf and he told me to just proceed with it rather than flustering over it. So I did. I responded, and waited for a response back. I noticed the Bretonia response was taking a long time but I thought Alphawolf was just busy or something. Lo and behold today I've found out it was nuked.

(06-02-2016, 10:55 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: So.... to sum it up: Lyth, seriously, it sucks. Your silly "play freelancer by secretly sending in infocards to the devs" or by "writing 'lore' by yourself", or by "not roleplaying" or even "forbidding others to roleplay", and getting your way by "secretly having things disappear" and oorp scheming is an insult to everybody who actually cares for roleplay and a slap in the face of those who actually come to this game for roleplay.

A promise at the end: You'll find yourself "roleplayed with", whether you like it or not. And you will find yourself and your faction being called out for every single time you pull a Lyth-destroyer-of-roleplay.

Fun fact: none of the infocards I've written are in the mod yet. For about a year I'm still waiting for their implementation. Any infocards I use as source material have not been written by me. I don't play the secret and invisible request/change-lancer game here. It's why I always announce lore changes and updates.

Before you allow this holier-than-thou attitude to consume your post in some sort of feverish attempt to play me as the anti-RP incarnate, in hopes that you can appease to the greater community's sense of right and wrong, allow me to ask you this:

In this mutal roleplay, although one side might be up for it, how do you know the other side feels just as consensual and able to derive the same level of enjoyment from it? I believe that was the premise for the roleplay in the first place, as you asked for both my permission and the input of several Core members to post in that thread. As none of those parties want to be involved anymore, doesn't that make your roleplay seem incredibly one-sided for mutual roleplay? And if it conflicts with the other lore, roleplay or information provided by the other party, isn't that powergaming?

I suggest you be careful with your approach of "screw you! We do what we want!” Not only for the reason above, but for example if that is allowed to slide then I would be equally justified in RPing that not all Core personnel left Aland Shipyard in O-3, and are now starting to stage an uprising against the IMG administration. And under what basis? You’ll be “roleplayed with whether you like it or not”.

(06-02-2016, 01:25 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: And it is indicative that Lyth reported it.

I was banned at the time.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Jack_Henderson - 06-02-2016

I'll keep it short because I think I have told you everything I want to tell you on Skype and you are immune to critizism anyway:

> You cannot keep anybody from playing on a planet. It is a planet. Read its lore. Imagine the right scale. Then think about your comparison with the IMG station again. I know I would not report you, if you nicely roleplayed that a few Core sabotagers blew up a docking bay. I would <gasp> roleplay. I am curious when you will report the Nauru rp for "powergaming" because there are acts of sabotage on the planet.

> The Nauru rp is constructive. You just do not like it, that's your problem. You are not interested in a realistic depiction of an interesting, multi-facetted playing field like Nauru and the roleplay you could get from it. You are interested in power, entitlement, ownership. The planet should have a Core IFF, and everybody non-Core was killed by 50k Core Marines in the past in self-defence, of course. That's a Lyth world. Just that it is unrealistic.

> "Forum roleplay isn't really an interaction." (Lyth) => Forum roleplay is interaction. It can be great interaction if you do it above a meme-style level.

> "16+ pages of whining" (Lyth) => contained a lot of valid critizism, which of course you did not recognize as such.

> "Doesn't that make your roleplay seem incredibly one-sided for mutual roleplay?" (Lyth) => You are invited to participate, you have always been, I even advised you on making it really cool.

> "Isn't that powergaming?" (Lyth) => Report it and show who you really are, Mr. Destroyer-of-Roleplay.

> "I was banned at the time." (Lyth) => Nice try. We both know better.

But I guess enough of this.
Do what you have to do.

I do not believe that people like you manage to destroy roleplay just because they do not get the enjoyment from it that they would like, especially as you define enjoyment as irply winning. But hey, I could be talking to a wall with more success, so I might as well quit doing it.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Lythrilux - 06-02-2016

It's been years since Core has stepped foot on the Planet. I had already said that the time for such roleplay is long overdue, but you claimed it wouldn't be time-bound. The progression of the roleplay makes it appear to be time-bound. It just seems incredibly out of place.

And indeed, we don't like that roleplay. That's pretty much the gist of it. Hence why we don't approve of it. I think it's less realistic for some out-of-the-blue, 5-odd years delayed, Zoner insurgency propped up by a Mining Guild and a Waste Disposal Corp to break out than Nauru just simply being owned by The Core.

The roleplay you were doing wasn't really an interaction. As I said it's one sided because there was no involvement from Core. You're not interacting us and vice versa. Indeed, there was an invitation, however we ultimately ended up rejecting it.

As our asset (in the making) we're currently dictating and shaping it's presence and impact in the lore and political landscape of Disco. You can go ahead and roleplay something if you absolutely want to but that doesn't mean we'll accept it nor acknowledge it, or fulfil any developments on our end in wake of that. We simply don't have an obligation to. I could report it but rather than wasting the time of the staff it'd be easier to just simply inform you of the facts and our stance towards it.

Anyway, I'll add 'destroying roleplay' alongside my résumé of 'crushing hopes, dreams and burning orphanages'.

Try painting the rp as "unlogical" as much as you want. It's not. Nor is the timing. Nor are the participants if you take the story development into account. But I have discussed this with you so often, I won't do it again.

Quote:As our asset (in the making) we're currently dictating and shaping it's presence and impact in the lore and political landscape of Disco. You can go ahead and roleplay something if you absolutely want to but that doesn't mean we'll accept it nor acknowledge it, or fulfil any developments on our end in wake of that.

You know what the good thing is?
Devs decide.
Not you.

And with the amount of effort and roleplay you have put into the development of Nauru, I am absolutely convinced you will get everything you have ever wished for.

And Devs/factions decided long ago with the Corsair and BHG Core / Core OFs that it'd transition from being a Corsair asset into a Core asset, whereby the story that unfolds is after securing their new-found capital The Core now seeks to develop upon that infrastructure and spread the influence of Omicronis throughout the rest of the Edge Worlds.

Our current plans are to work on a Docking Ring via the Nauru events, hopefully followed by some tourism-esque stuff that I really want to get the recently official OSC involved in.

Internally we have plans for a small-scale Core civil conflict that details the transition from just being 'Core' into the actual state of Omicronis itself and Core effectively being the armed forces of Omicronis, rather than being slightly merc influenced. After that we want to start drafting Corps in Sirius towards Nauru and turn it into lucrative, economic mega-hub of sorts.

Simply put we already had a long list of plans for Nauru - that we have shown and worked on along with the devs - and quite frankly we don't really need nor desire your ideas. And try as you might, infinitely we will always just be able to ignore everything you do. It's not part of our faction development, and thus we don't really need to care. Hence why I suggest you cease your trivial pursuit before you simply waste your own time and that of others. This all sounds blunt but, well, it's tough love I guess.

I knew you would answer: BIG PLANS.

Better than no plans.

RE: Core| - The Core FAQ, Feedback and Announcements Thread - Pavel - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 01:25 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 01:17 PM)St.Denis Wrote: The reason why the Staff got involved was because this Card was played.

- House Miltary, Police and Intelligence factions may enforce roleplay consequences only for actions occurring within their ZOI.

As the Staff, we have to abide by the Rules if it is brought to our attention. Within the Post, mentioned, was some RP consequences. There was nothing 'fishy' about it.

Are you kidding us?
You cannot do roleplay (!) any more, about something like "taking a political stance" in an irp event?

Jack... Are you kidding us? You yourself wanted that rule in the game. It works both ways. Transmission was reported, mods invised it. That's it.

<hello I am not a core/zoner/whoever fan, not involved into all of this etc>