Discovery Gaming Community
Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 (/showthread.php?tid=134709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dr Hooligan - 01-09-2016

AH, thanks for letting us know Alley. I will get to working on the fix for us. Guess i am packing up a new vdi for the server tomorrow..

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alley - 01-09-2016

Well don't do anything yet, we're testing stuff out with shutbug and looking for a solution.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Halomaster - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 10:17 AM)Alley Wrote: Well don't do anything yet, we're testing stuff out with shutbug and looking for a solution.
with windows server 2008 32bit system, i can't install the X64 version of C++, then the flhook won't start! I think we shall work this thing out.

Well I have some news.

I was adding back v90 support to the repo and after 7 hours of attempting to figure out why it always caused my char to spawn in Penn's sun, turns out vc90 support was entirely broken way before I did anything.
I'm not sure if I can fix it, but no matter what I did it would mean this would have stopped working anyway.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Halomaster - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 03:21 PM)Alley Wrote: Well I have some news.

I was adding back v90 support to the repo and after 7 hours of attempting to figure out why it always caused my char to spawn in Penn's sun, turns out vc90 support was entirely broken way before I did anything.
I'm not sure if I can fix it, but no matter what I did it would mean this would have stopped working anyway.

after i upgraded my server operating system into x64, all the bugs were gone!

(01-09-2016, 03:59 PM)Halomaster Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 03:21 PM)Alley Wrote: Well I have some news.

after i upgraded my server operating system into x64, all the bugs were gone!

glad to hear it. I'm still looking for a solution for those still running on 32bit operating systems.

We've attempted pretty much anything possible with shutbug. v90 doesn't work, v120 doesn't work, v120 in windows xp compatibility mode doesn't work...
In the end installing Windows Server 2008 R2 (in 64 bits) and installing the Visual Studio 2015 C++ x86 redistributable instantly worked.

I've spent the entire day on this and I'm out of solutions for XP support. The only thing I can do is release a package that will allow compatibility with the new client hook version but it will be based on the one year old FLHook we used to run with. If you are not too fussed to never receive FLHook updates, this is a Windows XP compatible compromise. I will publish this package later today.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dr Hooligan - 01-09-2016

Thanks for your efforts Alley, you just saved me a couple hours or so of packaging up a vdi and transferring it to our vm's host.. A host that is 1500 miles from me... lol I will happily wait so I can be a little lazy today. ThanksSmile

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - EzequielM - 01-09-2016

Thank you Alley, i was kinda trying to find some solution for that yesterday, and what you mentione about the old FLhook could work.. thing is.. if you update any of the other DLLs (plugins) they'll lose comatibility too, so will just be matter of time... what am i not sure about, it's if it is possible to compile it with CMake, since i have seen some other projects in the last years that can be compile with any of them... anyway, i dont really know much about how do it works, but it's just a tip

(01-09-2016, 09:35 PM)EzequielM Wrote: Thank you Alley, i was kinda trying to find some solution for that yesterday, and what you mentione about the old FLhook could work.. thing is.. if you update any of the other DLLs (plugins) they'll lose comatibility too, so will just be matter of time... what am i not sure about, it's if it is possible to compile it with CMake, since i have seen some other projects in the last years that can be compile with any of them... anyway, i dont really know much about how do it works, but it's just a tip

I have no idea if you can do it with cmake.

As for the over time thing, not that much actually. The reason I pushed the FLHook update is because we changed clientside elements and having the old dsacesrv.dll would result in a crash as soon as a player undocked.

We rarely update the clientside dll so even with that I could still easily send an updated dsacesrv.dll running on the old flhook.