Discovery Gaming Community
Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 (/showthread.php?tid=134709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - .Darkshade - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 09:40 AM)Alley Wrote: If that whole update thing is a serious issue for you, as King Boo said setting up a patcher proxy is not the hardest thing in the world. All you need is a web accessible patchlist.xml file and get your players to modify the url in launcherconfig.xml. It's however probably going to be more trouble than anything for a few hours of downtime.

It's not a serious issue, like I said I just like to tinker with things for whatever reason. However it seems I'm the only one actually using it sooo.. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
I did plan on editing the config and have it pull updates from my webserver, but you're right, it's likely not worth the time in the longrun, especially since I'm the only person manually patching this way.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - EzequielM - 01-10-2016

Thank you very mucho Alley for the old 32bits bins, I have restore them on the server last night before to sleep and seems it's workign fine with it.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dr Hooligan - 01-10-2016

What Cazador/Darkshade is doing is his own thing. So long as his updates don't conflict with the servers he is good to go. As for the server. I am only using GC's official updater and repos.. Which is why I wanted to put emphasis on Cazador not being staff.. Though I would not be apposed to having him on our team... Even then, the tech end of things will go the way Glock and I have decided them to go, which is the standard GC way. Again, I want consistency in tandem with the whole Discovery Community, especially the official server..

Now, again, if you Cazador, wish to set up your own repo and share it on our forums, just make sure it matches exactly what GC puts out and I nor Glock have no problem with you or any player using it. No offense, but i will stick with GC's.. And sorry if you think I was calling you out, was not my intention..lol More just answering Alley's questions best I can.. She did seam a bit perturbed about some things on our forums and I needed to set the record set straight..

Alright, I am leaving this thread alone now. I have helped turn this into more pages than it needs be.. lol

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - sindroms - 02-02-2016

Give this thread a pinny-pin, plox.
Looks like it is still an issue.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - DragonLancer - 02-02-2016

Thanks Spazzy but not needed.

I'm with Hooligan and we will have a chat on our forums.
Now I know wants wrong.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dr Hooligan - 02-02-2016

For the record. All our issues are sorted, cataloged and my "patch the settings system" is now in use on our server. Everything works perfectly no issues what-so-ever. Hook's fine, ports are fine, ini's and cfg's are fine. Takes me like 10 seconds to patch our configs nowWink

Thanks for all ya'lls help.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alex. - 04-24-2016

I'm trying to run a local network server on my Windows 10 machine. I've installed the VS 2015 redistributable and FLHook starts, but the server crashes after "Tech Compat [55 techcompat-exempt, 29 shipcompat-exempt]" - Windows says Freelancer has stopped working. There were two plugins failing to load (condata and event), but moving those into a separate folder didn't prevent the server from crashing.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alley - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 09:43 PM)Alex. Wrote: I'm trying to run a local network server on my Windows 10 machine. I've installed the VS 2015 redistributable and FLHook starts, but the server crashes after "Tech Compat [55 techcompat-exempt, 29 shipcompat-exempt]" - Windows says Freelancer has stopped working. There were two plugins failing to load (condata and event), but moving those into a separate folder didn't prevent the server from crashing.

condata and event are legacy plugins. They're not used anymore.
Try to start without loading dsacesrv.dll, let me know if it works. Did you also adjust your config files to match the new settings given in Post #2?

If it continues, load with only ahookext.dll (other plugins reference this plugin) and from there add dsacesrv.dll then start adding the others one by one.

(04-24-2016, 10:03 PM)Alley Wrote: Try to start without loading dsacesrv.dll, let me know if it works. Did you also adjust your config files to match the new settings given in Post #2?
Yep, I made sure those match. I moved dsacesrv out as well, but it still crashed.

(04-24-2016, 10:03 PM)Alley Wrote: If it continues, load with only ahookext.dll (other plugins reference this plugin) and from there add dsacesrv.dll then start adding the others one by one.

I'm trying this but it's indeterminate... it seems that sometimes it will crash with a plugin and sometimes not

"loadplugin disabled\alley" does cause a crash