Discovery Gaming Community
Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 (/showthread.php?tid=134709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alex. - 04-24-2016

Okay, I've been messing around with the plugins. It seems to load pretty consistently unless either alley.dll or dsacesrv.dll are around. It also crashes if you try to loadplugin either of those at runtime.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alex. - 04-25-2016

Even though it does load, when I go to buy the player faction ID on Jakarta (in Tau-44), FLServer crashes. Debugging in VS shows the error "Unhandled exception at 0x6C4F3472 (ucrtbase.dll) in flserver.exe: An invalid parameter was passed to a function that considers invalid parameters fatal."

VS Wrote:ucrtbase.dll!6c4f3472() Unknown
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ucrtbase.dll]
[External Code]
> FLHook.dll!_vfprintf_l(_iobuf * const _Stream, const char * const _Format, __crt_locale_pointers * const _ArgList, char *) Line 639 C++
FLHook.dll!fprintf(_iobuf * const _Stream, const char * const _Format, ...) Line 835 C++
FLHook.dll!AddLog(const char * szString, ...) Line 44 C++
playercntl.dll!PurchaseRestrictions::GFGoodBuy(const SGFGoodBuyInfo & gbi, unsigned int iClientID) Line 227 C++
playercntl.dll!HkIServerImpl::GFGoodBuy(const SGFGoodBuyInfo & gbi, unsigned int iClientID) Line 539 C++
FLHook.dll!HkIServerImpl::GFGoodBuy(const SGFGoodBuyInfo & gbi, unsigned int iClientID) Line 1346 C++
remoteclient.dll!06b328a8() Unknown
engbase.dll!06625a34() Unknown
dalib.dll!065c4a50() Unknown
FLHook.dll!HkIClientImpl:Big GrinispatchMsgs() Line 1131 C++
server.dll!06d4514b() Unknown
FLHook.dll!HkIServerImpl::Update() Line 85 C++
flserver.exe!0040ce84() Unknown

Maybe alley.dll/dsacesrv.dll try to AddLog on plugin load?

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alley - 04-25-2016

I'll look into it this evening

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alley - 04-25-2016

I forgot as usual and only remembered about it now :/

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dalziel - 04-27-2016

I've only been able to reproduce that crash by preventing FLHook writing to it's log file(s) so far. However the main hook log (which is the log used in the crash you've shown) is not as prone to this as some of the other logs. Can you make sure that there are no problems writing to the logs? There is not quite enough error handling in some places when it comes to file I/O which will need to be addressed.

Also you said you tried to buy the "player faction ID" - do you literally mean the ID that says "player faction ID" on it or do you mean the IMG player faction ID? I've noticed that if multiple instances of flserver are running, the IMG player faction ID can show up as an ID that says "player faction ID" instead. If you do somehow have multiple instances of flserver running, that could also be causing file handle issues and contributing to the crashes.

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Alex. - 04-27-2016

(04-27-2016, 10:12 PM)Dalziel Wrote: I've only been able to reproduce that crash by preventing FLHook writing to it's log file(s) so far. However the main hook log (which is the log used in the crash you've shown) is not as prone to this as some of the other logs. Can you make sure that there are no problems writing to the logs? There is not quite enough error handling in some places when it comes to file I/O which will need to be addressed.
Which file is it supposed to be writing this log to?

(04-27-2016, 10:12 PM)Dalziel Wrote: Also you said you tried to buy the "player faction ID" - do you literally mean the ID that says "player faction ID" on it or do you mean the IMG player faction ID? I've noticed that if multiple instances of flserver are running, the IMG player faction ID can show up as an ID that says "player faction ID" instead. If you do somehow have multiple instances of flserver running, that could also be causing file handle issues and contributing to the crashes.
It's the same item, just DSAceSrv changing the name to IMG|'s one. As I'm not running DSAceSrv, it shows as "Player Faction ID" as expected. I'm not running multiple instances of FLServer.

Uh... Is fLog (while in the AddLog function) supposed to be 0x00000000 <NULL>?

I looked through the source and created the flhook_logs directory... still no luck. Then I ran FLServer as administrator, which gave it the right to create files there, and it works now, including alley.dll and dsacesrv.dll. A load of files have magically appeared within that directory.

Thanks for your help @Alley and @Dalziel

Edit: Created https://github.com/zibbizor/FLHook/issues/6

RE: Attn Server Owners: FLHook 3.0.0 - Dalziel - 04-29-2016

Cheers for the fixes mate, much appreciated!