Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage (/showthread.php?tid=135958)

Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Remnant - 02-11-2016

EJ_Haulage has been sanctioned for:

Quote:1.2 Disconnecting from the server in any situation involving player interaction is not allowed. If you lose server connection, you should get back in game as soon as possible to continue the interaction. If that is not possible, post a note here.

Consequences:

Pirates are coming. What do you do? - Well, not close out your game is a good start. That's a rule violation. If you lose connection, post it in the DISCONNECTED thread on the forums so people know that it wasn't your fault, and was a computer/internet problem. This obviously wasn't the case.

I fined your trader. Don't do it again.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Maddox - 02-11-2016

No way!

I have absolutely no knowledge of this incident.

Please provide details and evidence of the supposed rule violation.

Thank you.

RE: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Remnant - 02-11-2016

Evidence sent

RE: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Maddox - 02-11-2016

OK, I remember this.

Firstly, the ship I was flying doesn't have a cloak and never has, so I don't know where that message comes from. I do have a key bound to it, so maybe I hit it. I don't know.

Also, What exactly am I supposed to be running away from? "Good day merchant vessel"? No demands, no nothing. How was I supposed to know who he was?

What happened, was that I was returning to a base in Galileo with a load of RA. Somebody PM'd me from conn and asked whether i'd help with an eq. transfer. I said that I would (hence the "ok, see you there" which was meant to be a /r, not a /l). The base is 100k off the ecliptic and to get there would have taken nearly 10 mins. There was no station near, so I F1'd. Ok, my bad for not checking anyone was near, but I was rather busy talking to the other guy. There was certainly no attempt to avoid a pirate, since I didn't even know there was one there.

I've been pirated loads of times and have never F1'd away from it. Not being funny, but a couple of million isn't a lot.

Cheers.

RE: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Remnant - 02-12-2016

That message doesn't mean you are cloaking.
That message means you have exited your game. When you close your client, that message displays, and your ship stays there for some time before finally logging off.

They were in some sort of interaction with you, and you logged out. (Thus the text of rule 2.1)

I don't think your argument is enough evidence to rescind the sanction and refund you. - The rule isn't specifically for pirating, but any interaction.

If there are pieces that we are missing, feel free to send them to us and we will review your case again.

RE: Player Sanctioned: EJ_Haulage - Maddox - 02-12-2016

No, there's no more evidence as far as I know.

I said hello, he said hello - interaction over, I logged out to help out another player.

How is a player supposed to know when an interaction is "over"? A time limit? A distance? just pick something out of the air? What? Please let me know so that this doesn't happen again. 90% of interactions when one player passes another are "hello", "hello" and that's your lot. Interaction over. I had no intention of continuing the conversation, so it was, by definition "over".

I also note from the screenshot provided, that no time difference is shown between the other player's "hello" message and my logging out. I'd like to see this information if you have it. That screenshot doesn't show whether it was 10 seconds or two minutes and that's exceedingly relevant.

Please forward.

Cheers.