Discovery Gaming Community
Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth (/showthread.php?tid=135977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Chrono - 02-12-2016

My theory... they destroyed earth because they were completely against the release of the 5,000th Call of Duty game. Tongue

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - pillow - 02-12-2016

wait what
didn't you post a heartwarming leaving thread about leaving discovery

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Alvin - 02-12-2016

Because someone on earth broke the Disco RP rule by declaring 50k Zoner marines and announcing "Were at war, no rp an...."

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Cheetah - 02-12-2016

... and "we russia we kill"? Big Grin

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - WesternPeregrine - 02-12-2016

Nomads destroyed Sol because humanity was reaching a breakpoint in making a vaccine that would render them immune to future cardamine genetic effects, which would make their future cardamine buddies not so cool.

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Lythrilux - 02-12-2016

(02-11-2016, 05:17 PM)Cheetah Wrote: But, really, why they did? Since it's canon on Disco, this breaks all excuse that Nomads have on their hatred to humans. AFAIK, Nomads are hostile to humans because noms think that the Sirius is bequeathed to them by Daam K'Vosh (and the proof to their claims is yet to be discovered, maybe K'Voshes left their legacy to humans or to whoever will be smart enough to crack the musical key first?), and the humans have conquered their homeland. But the destruction of Sol had happened before sleeper ships arrived into Sector (or even pierced the nebulas bordering it), thus, we have an act of unreasonable aggression from K'Haras.

I actually came up with a theory that explains this.

Basically, at the end of the SP vanilla campaign when the Nomads are thrown through the Hyper Gate they're not actually thrown to another sector/galaxy in a conventional way as people would think. In fact, the Hyper Gate itself malfunctions and acts more like a wormhole that bends the fabric of space-time. Instead of the Nomads just travelling through space, they are actually thrown backwards through time as well. This causes them to warp into Sol, just as the Coalition ships begin their final strike against the Alliance. Having just had their asses whooped by humanity and with a very bitter taste in their mouths, they take advantage of the situation and retaliate by decimating Sol.

I made a thread about this a while back however I think someone pointed out a hole in the theory. I can't remember what it was though, nor can I find the thread. Pretty cool theory otherwise though, rite? :3

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - HassLHoFF™ - 02-12-2016

This would be a huge plothole. where shpuld these go afterwards? don't you think they would go to sirius right after that? change time a kill the settlers before the ha keep in mind the vessel or video itself don't show another dimension as far as we know. ve houses?

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Lythrilux - 02-12-2016

The cutscene occurs right after the ships have left. It doesn't create an error in the time continuity, as the settlers survive the attack as they are not there when it occurs. The theory doesn't imply another dimension, the Nomads simply move through time and space - not universes. In regards to where they go next, no one really knows the answer to that. They'd probably begin construction of something to beam themselves back to Sirius.

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - HassLHoFF™ - 02-12-2016

Well, the cutscene was cutted bad, keep in mind it was just a project for anvil. In fact, referring to the dev note, there passed a couple months or even yeqrs by ganymed the launch of the sleeperships and the conquer of pluto from the coalition.

RE: Why the Nomads really destroyed Earth - Yber - 02-12-2016

nomads destroyed earth so that christensen wouldn't develop the ultimate nomad mashed potato recipe.