Discovery Gaming Community
To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance (/showthread.php?tid=136005)

To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Traxit - 02-12-2016

So I did a Google spreadsheet on my favorite Refire rate in Freelancer, 2.00.
The stuff that I found is extremely absurd and am not sure what the Dev team thought when "Balancing" these guns. Some guns are perfectly balanced but some are not at all. Take a look at the spreadsheet

Here's an example.
Look at Buckshots, they inflict 14,400 DPS with 6 guns, while only taking 2676 energy, not to mention that they 650ms, any experienced PvPer knows the difference between 650ms and 600ms in shotguns.

Now look at RAGNAROK, they inflict an estimated 16,500 damage(15,800 with four GOLDENs and two Buckshots), they are also 650ms, but they also take 4260 energy(3732), a whopping 1584(1056)more energy taken for a lousy 2100(1400 with the above loadout)increase in damage?! Why should someone take a CODENAME when they have Buckshots or Reapers Vs available to them and do more damage over time?

Here's some percentages to make it easier for you:
a 37%(28%) increase in energy usage for an increase of 12%(6%) damage?!

Anything inside ( ) is connected to this loadout:
(with four GOLDENs and two Buckshots)

Edit: I forgot to mention that Buckshots/Reapers/Grand Culverins being 650ms and Magma Hammers being 600ms just for a difference of 100/80/50 damage is also absurd.

Generally there is an increase of about ~100 energy per shot for not a significant/justified damage boost.
These are supposed to be Class 9s goddammit, superior than faction guns.
Maybe then paying 25m credits or more will be justified if these guns had the proper stats.

Devs plz fix

(Or at least give a reasonable counter-argument)

RE: To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Haste - 02-12-2016

Codename balance has not been reviewed yet (unlike cl7 and cl8 guns), but you're definitely underestimating the importance of a couple dozen points of damage per gun in shotguns. It can make the difference between one-shotting light VHFs/heavy HFs with a full 2.00 loadout + an MR and doing near-lethal damage. This is why people fly Magma Hammer + Excalibur loadouts over 6 Magma Hammers.

It's highly unlikely there'll ever be linear progression of DPS and efficiency. If that were the case, higher DPS codenames would be superior to lower DPS non-codes in every single situation. Codes do not exist to provide objectively superior weapon options. They're just different (even though 95% of them are currently flat-out useless, admittedly).

RE: To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Yber - 02-12-2016

Most people use codenames instead of full magmas because it takes more shots with full magmas to take certain shields while with excaliburs (or other codenames) it takes the same for all shields.

Also, you can't do lethal damage (1 shot) with any loadout except archangels + faction 2.00 + MR vs a VHF. Eagle survives 4 heimdalls 3 HF 2.00 + MR with a bit of hull (assuming uau VIII)

Currently the most useless codename is the Taranis, followed by claymores and everything else. Stats wise the worst gun in the game is the archangel.

RE: To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Traxit - 02-12-2016

(02-12-2016, 03:18 PM)Haste Wrote: you're definitely underestimating the importance of a couple dozen points of damage per gun in shotguns. It can make the difference between one-shotting light VHFs/heavy HFs with a full 2.00 loadout + an MR and doing near-lethal damage.

those points don't do much of a difference though.
Take four EXCALIBURS And two Magma Hammers = 1,500*4=6000+1,300+1,300=8,600 | Add in some spicy MR damage = 26,000 | Shoot another salvo = 34,600 | Any ship with less than 14,000 hull will die to that, yes. But let's see what happens when lose the EXCALIBURs and have full Magma Hammers.

Six Magma Hammers = 1,300*6=7,800 | Add in spicy MR damage = 25,200 | 2nd Salvo = 33,000 | Any ship with 13,200 or less hull will die to that. The Kusari VHF(Raijin) won't survive that. Ships like Titan and Nephthys will survive that, but let's be real, When will you encounter those ships in-game(As an LN Guardian)? Except for the Nephthys which has some chance to appear outside of the Omicrons. And what's the problem with shooting off another salvo? Having at least one gun hit the ship will be enough.

Those little differences won't help you that much. I'm not underestimating anything.

This is an example of how useless (some) codes are. I've always seen them as "Big Damage, Big Energy Usage" type of thing, if you really want those tiny numbers to do meaningful changes, then up the damage a little bit, or as you said "Make them different".

Also why the Nomads gotta have the OP stuff? I mean, 700ms 2.00s? And look at that Nomad Prototype, locked behind a Wild ID so you need some heavy RP for that, and for doing "special" roleplay you can get an EXCALIBUR/HEIMDALL that takes 15/10 more energy but the projectile is faster by 100ms.
(02-12-2016, 04:52 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: the Nomad Prototypes and the Wild GB guns suck now. THANKS HASTE.
Wouldn't say they suck because 650ms is still a good stat for shotguns. It's "ok" now, I guess.

EDIT: Also please do notice the ENERGY USAGE too, this is about damage and energy usage.

RE: To: PvP Developers | About: 2.00 Balance - Lythrilux - 02-12-2016

the Nomad Prototypes and the Wild GB guns suck now. THANKS HASTE.