Discovery Gaming Community
The Xeno Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Xeno Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] (/showthread.php?tid=136744)

Pages: 1 2

The Xeno Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Lythrilux - 03-06-2016

This is a concept information page for a Xeno faction that I offered to show some peoples. I'm not the leader, nor do I really have any intention of being such. I'd like to fly my Xeno again though. Community feedback/interest is also wanted.

The Xeno Militia

ID / IFF: Xenos / Xenos
Tag: |X|-
Snubcraft: |X|-Snake.Name
Transports: |X|-Desert.Name

Information

With the last great movement of the Xenos, known as the Xeno Alliance, having burnt out all of its momentum and fading out of relevance, the Xenos currently stand not only without a spear, but also without a leader.

Although the contribution of the Xeno Alliance to the movement as a whole was undeniably great, there were those who felt the movement was imperfect. That it lacked strategy and direction. The violence, lack of mercy and compromise the Xenos had flaunted for so long had ultimately held them back. The fear that made the Xenos so strong had also, ironically, isolated them from the political and diplomatic stages of Sirius. Their allies the Hellfire Legion over time began to cast a shadow that the Xenos sank into, the 'barbaric' - as some would say - Xenos had been eclipsed by their more popular and more leftist friends, leaving them in the dark.

But the beauty of politics is that you will always find those who stand where you stand. Those who agree with what you agree with. Those who, if told to, would fight by your side as brothers in arms, no matter how daunting the battle may be.

[If this progress further, a history leading up to the next paragraph will be written here. Concept is a very right political party with Libertonian Navy elements ended up being outlawed by the Government].

Enter the Xeno Movement. There is never a moment when the Xeno's distaste of foreigners falls upon deaf ears, no matter who much their enemies may try to make you believe. Created by ex-Libertonian Navy servicemen and women who felt neither confidence in their government or their Navy. And furthermore did not feel equilibrium with the Hellfire Legion.

Upon abandoning their previous lives to immerse themselves in political ideals shared by themselves and others, they found drunkards and fools. They could barely believe that the people who prided themselves in being true sons of Liberty were incapable of holding up their own ideals.

And so, the ex-Navy pilots confided in themselves instead. With the Xeno Alliance now gone, they decided to rise up and become the new leaders of the Xenos. With a renewed sense of purpose, reinvigoration of the Xeno ideals that they would spread throughout the faction and to the rest of Liberty, and the terrifying combination of Military-style combat tactics and brutality; the Xeno Movement was born.

As stated above, unlike previous Xeno Movements the Xeno Movement functions more like a militaristic fighting force, waging direct war against their enemies in a bid to permanently purge them out of Liberty. Resources will be acquired either through diplomacy and political intrigue, or brute force if the situation calls for it. The Xeno Movement also fights against Liberty's unlawful elements, such as the Rogues, Outcasts and Lane Hackers. Notably, the Junkers are seen as a parasite that has infected and leeches of Liberty, via peddling and maintaining the flow of illegal goods through Liberty as well as raiding Libertonian shipping when Lawful eyes are not looking.

Goals and Objectives

Elimination of all foreign entities within Liberty.
"If ya' don' wear Libertonian colours, get outta our faces."

Spreading our political beliefs and ideals across Liberty and recruiting sympathisers.
"This House ain't big enough f' anything but th' Xenos and wha' we believe. Your either wit' us or against us."

Waging war against the clearly incompetent Government, as well as the vile scum it allows to fester inside its Borders.
"Yuh. The Xenos? Yep, we're criminals. But we ain't bad guys. A criminal is someone who breaks the law. A bad guy is someone who commits evil. We do everythin' f' the greater good!"

If making them see sense does not work, then Hostile Takeover of the Liberty Government will occur, where our leader will be placed as its new president.
"[Character name here] fer president!" (Can expand this with specific political ideals in the future).

Diplomacy

Friendly
Hellfire Legion

Neutral

Libertonian Corporations - Unless we catch them with cargo we don't like (foreign items).

Neutrality does not imply immunity from negative attention. Moving Cardamine, Slaves or our fellow pilots will be met with action.

Unfriendly

Independent Miners Guild
Zoners

Hostile

Everyone Else

Ranks

(The people interested are ex-XA, soooo hopefully it's not too much trouble to rip this)

President
[Image: rank_sqn_cdr.png]
Leader of the Xeno Militia. The one and only. Great warrior, his wise and inspiring leadership drives whole organisation.

Colonel
[Image: rank_luminary.png]
Higher officers of the Xeno Militia. Spiritual guides, skilled speakers and advocates of xeno ideology.

Royal
[Image: rank_royal.png]
Combat officers. Every Xeno operation is led by one of the Royals.

Veteran
[Image: rank_ripe.png]
Experienced and battle-hardened pilots of the Xeno Militia.

Juvenile
[Image: rank_juvenile.png]
Trusted combat pilots which proven themselves as rookies.

Rookie
[Image: rank_hatchling.png]
Recruits learning the ways of Xenos

Allowed Ships

Rookie
Arrow, Eagle, Falcon, Griffin, Kestrel, Raven's Talon, Roc, Starblazer, Stargazer, Sunburst, Voyager

Juveniles
Arrastra, Bactrian, Gull, Havoc Mk II, Jackdaw, Kingfisher, Marauder, Rhino, Scraper, Spatial, Sunrider, Surveyor, Waran

Veteran
Albatross, Camara, Mammoth, Grizzly, Pelican, Prosecutor, Repairship

Royals and above
Bison, Heron, Hegemon, Pirate Train, Pirate Transport, Serenity, The Retribution

Please leave your feedback. As well as suggestions for a name.

RE: The Xenom Movement [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Black Widow - 03-06-2016

Your names sound like an XA ripoff, snake / desert names? Why not try something more original..

Apart from that looks good

RE: The Xenom Movement [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Lythrilux - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 09:36 PM)ʍopᴉʍ ʞɔɐlq Wrote: Your names sound like an XA ripoff, snake / desert names? Why not try something more original..

Apart from that looks good

I literally said in the post that this concept is aimed at members of XA, which I am actually one of (or used to be, until the faction went unofficial). The snake name concept was always super cool and is something we'd like to keep (but don't treat this as the final concept).

RE: Xenoboros [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Lythrilux - 03-06-2016

Name change. Also:
Quote:Xenoboros, a combination of the word 'Xenos' and 'Ouroboros'. It is the symbolism of the serpent biting, devouring, or eating its own tail. This symbolizes the cyclic Nature of the Universe: creation out of destruction, Life out of Death. The Xenoboros Movement takes this concept to heart, as they believe through purging unwanted elements out of Liberty, they can create a new Libertonian-pure utopia.

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Black Widow - 03-06-2016

I like Xenoms better, Xeno+Nome base = Win Smile

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Lythrilux - 03-06-2016

I quote from one of the XA "the XENOM momvement is the worst fucking name i've ever seen". I think sliding Militia in there definitely works at least.

Also ranks have been updated. You'll note the 1ic is listed as President.
[22:32:53] Luc E-W: reflecting one of the goals
[22:33:00] Luc E-W: the 1ic could have the 'President' rank
[22:33:08] Luc E-W: then we call yell in system "X FER PRESIDENT"

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Euca - 03-07-2016

i thought this was going to be another GJ Privateer faction :^)

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Dimon - 03-07-2016

Wow. Just, wow. @Tabris, what have you done? Communism in the Xeno is something pretty new for me. Also inRL the post USSR counties are about to liquidate the Militia and reform it to the normal 'police'. And will you use 'Privet' instead of 'Hello' inRP? But seriously, that name you choose sounds absurdly for me.
As for the general, it's all fine. Keep it up, Dimon puts 'Like'.

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - Lythrilux - 03-07-2016

How did you pick up communism from this? O_o
These guys are ultra nationalist neo-wordthatcannotbesaid militants. They're right wing. Maybe in some aspects even more than XA were.

RE: Xenoboros Militia [Name is a WIP, taking suggestions] - t0l - 03-07-2016

What about Milford('s) Marauders?