Discovery Gaming Community
No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: No Fire Zone - need a clarification (/showthread.php?tid=137599)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Sombs - 04-01-2016

You know, I'm a bit new to Discovery RP, and I'm reading more and more into the diverse rules and such of each faction. Since my friendly Core Captain's main order is to protect Freeport 11 in case of nomad attacks, I need a clarification on what's now true:

Core Rules Wrote:5.0 - Freeport 11

5.1 Within our territory the Zoners have made a refuge for themselves and others known as Freeport 11. Freeport 11 is encompassed by a 10k No-Fire-Zone. Core vessels are expected to enforce the NFZ themselves when the Zoners cannot. Enemy ships found exporting supplies from the Freeport back to their space will be intercepted and stopped, once they have left the NFZ. In extreme circumstances, when Core pilots may deem the level of hostile ships within the NFZ to be a threat, Core vessels will be permitted to engage them.

5.2 Core capital vessels are fully permitted to exist within the No Fire Zone.

5.3 The ONLY law which Core vessels may enforce within the NFZ is law 3.1 regarding Contraband items. The NFZ must be respected otherwise. This law will overrule 5.1 unless the aforementioned extreme circumstances are met.

But:

CoF Rules Wrote:5. No capital class vessel shall remain within the NFZ of any given Freeport unless assisting CoF personnel or the vessel in question is granted temporary permission by on-duty CoF personnel. Capital class vessels that are asked to leave the NFZ shall do so immediately or face the full ramifications of violating Freeport laws.
5. A) Capital class vessels include Destroyer, Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Carrier, Battleship and Dreadnought class vessels. Not included in this definition are Gunboat and Gunship class vessels and below.
5. B) This rule does not apply to Zoner capital class vessels.

Most people who visited Delta know I'm the Mako standing around next to Freeport 11 with a distance of 10 klicks, since I really want to have this character not to be a stereotypical Core Captain.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Shinju - 04-01-2016

My Zoner doesn't really care about The Core laws. All Capital ships including The Core ones should stay away.

But again it's just a personal point of view Tongue if you are a bad guy, then you'll ignore it.

It's just another conflict of laws like The Council/Gallic law etc. You have to decide which one are you going to follow, but you must be prepared for consequences. ^_~

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Remnant - 04-01-2016

In this case, the Zoners say one thing (Zoner laws) and the Core says another. (Core laws)
The Zoners expect their rules to be followed since it's their base.
Though the Core expects their rules to be followed since they claim it's their duty. Not really caring that it conflicts with the Zoners.

Who is in the right, is up to you to decide.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Lythrilux - 04-01-2016

Pretty much what others have said. Neither set of laws takes precedent above the other, you have to choose how you manage things. You shouldn't consider them to be like the rules.

But glorious core lore is superior tho.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - The Savage - 04-01-2016

Funny fact: Zoners cannot enforce their laws due to the lack of adequate line. Or, am I wrong?

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Sombs - 04-01-2016

I don't trust you anymore. ^^

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Lythrilux - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 12:33 PM)Toris Wrote: Funny fact: Zoners cannot enforce their laws due to the lack of adequate line. Or, am I wrong?

Indeed you are. The line they use is 'in defense of bases', which includes NPC bases.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - The Savage - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 12:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 12:33 PM)Toris Wrote: Funny fact: Zoners cannot enforce their laws due to the lack of adequate line. Or, am I wrong?

Indeed you are. The line they use is 'in defense of bases', which includes NPC bases.

The Zoner ID allows defence only if they are attacked, the other Zoner ID vessel is attacked or someone is assaulting POB - or for some odd reason someone attacks Freeports.

Edit: Okay, Shinju cleared it out.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - DragonLancer - 04-01-2016

And that's the difference: Core can enforce their laws.

RE: No Fire Zone - need a clarification - Shinju - 04-01-2016

Zoner Laws work 10k around Freeport, you violate NFZ = Danger for Freeport = Defense of the base.