Discovery Gaming Community
ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals (/showthread.php?tid=137716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Remnant - 04-04-2016

A minor change has been made to the Cryer ID.

Cryer is not a militant group. Doctors, drug producers, sure. It's been decided that the line which has been removed doesn't make much sense to exit. It's reasonable that this faction might have security wings, though anything above it to allow attacking certain factions no matter where they are doesn't seem to fit very well. No other ID which is considered a corporation has capabilities like this. It's about time to balance the faction out a little.

Removed Line Wrote:-Can attack Outcasts, Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues and Golden Chrysanthemums anywhere

New ID Wrote:
Cryer Pharmaceuticals

Cryer Pharmaceuticals is a biotechnology corporation headquartered in Liberty. They focus on drug research and other medical sciences. Their research into a Cardamine alternative, dubbed "Stabiline", have made them a target for the Outcasts, Golden Chrysanthemums, Liberty Rogues and Lane Hackers.

Pilot carrying this lawful ID is an employee of Cryer Pharmaceuticals, who:

- Can attack any ship in self-defense, to protect an allied or neutral lawful ship, or in defense of a base of the same affiliation, both within and outside of their Zone of Influence.
- Can attack ships belonging to houses or organisations considered hostile by Liberty within their Zone of Influence.
- Can demand Cardamine or Human Organs from any ships that are not affiliated with house police or military forces and attack if they refuse to comply.
- Can lawfully transport Human Organs, Stabiline and Synthetic Marijuana
- Cannot ally with any unlawfuls.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Zone of Influence: Liberty, Cambridge, Sigma-17
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - sindroms - 04-04-2016

I kinda wanna laugh here, but you are taking away a very interesting twist on an otherwise useless trading ID, forcing even more people to just go with whichever of the two mining factions have less problems at the time. Your call, not like you will recall it, but I hope I am speaking for other people when I say that this line on this ID in particular was less of an issue than other lines on other IDs. You might as well remove samura-hate lines from the GMG ID as well, since they are gas miners. Or restricting Police IDs from attacking non-pirate targets because they are not military and vica-versa.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Lythrilux - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:21 PM)King Boo Wrote: A minor change has been made to the Cryer ID.

Cryer is not a militant group. Doctors, drug producers, sure. It's been decided that the line which has been removed doesn't make much sense to exit. It's reasonable that this faction might have security wings, though anything above it to allow attacking certain factions no matter where they are doesn't seem to fit very well. No other ID which is considered a corporation has capabilities like this. It's about time to balance the faction out a little.

Cryer is not their own military group yes, but they have a security wing to rival a small paramilitary.

Maybe removing it for Lane Hackers and GC at least could make sense (as not every Lane Hacker or GC is addicted to Cardamine), but certainly not Outcasts who Cryer frequently capture and study to use as research subjects in their experiments.

And Cryer raiding Alpha is a great way to create activity (albeit limited, because Crimson Cross like to gank Ranseurs on anything that even tries to the OC NPC faction some fun).

Generally I feel this change has been not only poorly though out but also poorly researched.

(04-04-2016, 03:25 PM)sindroms Wrote: I kinda wanna laugh here, but you are taking away a very interesting twist on an otherwise useless trading ID, forcing even more people to just go with whichever of the two mining factions have less problems at the time. Your call, not like you will recall it, but I hope I am speaking for other people when I say that this line on this ID in particular was less of an issue than other lines on other IDs. You might as well remove samura-hate lines from the GMG ID as well, since they are gas miners.

Also this.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Traxit - 04-04-2016

I can hear Polish tears rolling down and hitting the floor.

Also what Spazzy said, another useless trading ID that has no unique abilities and
(04-04-2016, 03:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Maybe removing it for Lane Hackers and GC at least could make sense (as not every Lane Hacker or GC is addicted to Cardamine), but certainly not Outcasts who Cryer frequently capture and study to use as research subjects in their experiments

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Haste - 04-04-2016

I think Cryer as a faction has plenty of potential things to RP. Disease outbreaks on planets (which could come with trading events where X medicine needs to be traded there, for example). Research into viruses and what not. I'd find it easier to come up with activities and suggestions to devs / admins (for events) to make the faction interesting to roleplay and fly than for your average trading faction.

The removal of this line deals with this problem:
Quote:[16:27:26] Bob (Garrett Jax): It's like my pharmacist grabbing a gun and going to down to Columbia to shoot the Drug Cartels. Not very sensible

If the current Cryer leadership can't come up with ways to keep their playerbase happy and active then maybe they shouldn't have created a player faction for the NPC faction to begin with. As I said, plenty of interesting RP avenues to 'explore'.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - SnakThree - 04-04-2016

Change:

- Can demand Cardamine and Human Organs from any ships that are not affiliated with house police or military forces and attack if they refuse to comply anywhere.

And that would be almost fair.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Corile - 04-04-2016

Hello.

(04-04-2016, 03:21 PM)King Boo Wrote: No other ID which is considered a corporation has capabilities like this.

Ageira ID Wrote:- Can attack Lane Hackers and Solar Engineering anywhere.
Daumann ID Wrote:- Can attack Red Hessians anywhere.
DSE ID Wrote:- Can attack Lane Hackers anywhere.
Interspace ID Wrote:- Can attack Lane Hackers anywhere.
Kishiro ID Wrote:- Can attack Farmers Alliance, Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.
Kruger ID Wrote:- Can attack Red Hessians anywhere.
OSC ID Wrote:- Can attack Gaians anywhere.
Planetform ID Wrote:- Can attack Gaians anywhere.
Republican ID Wrote:- Can attack Unioners anywhere.
Samura ID Wrote:- Can attack Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons anywhere.
Solar ID Wrote:- Can attack Ageira and Unione Corse anywhere.
Synth Foods ID Wrote:- Can attack LWB and Farmers Alliance anywhere.

It's an idiotic change that targets a faction that compensates for it's immensely bad traderoutes with the ability to interrupt Cardamine transportation. That change literally invalidated 3+ months of roleplay and gameplay that was done on Wisp Innovations ships, as we chose to pursue a different than usual way of playing the Cryer ID.

I would suggest this change gets reverted because the justification for it is extremely poor. As the leader of (as far as I know) the only active Cryer faction I would be very happy to work with the admin team to create a more unique and balanced Cryer ID.

Otherwise the entire Wisp Innovations faction, which was built on intercepting the Cardamine trafficking, is absolutely invalidated.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Haste - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:41 PM)Protégé Wrote: Otherwise the entire Wisp Innovations faction, which was built on intercepting the Cardamine trafficking, is absolutely invalidated.

Cryer ID Wrote:- Can demand Cardamine or Human Organs from any ships that are not affiliated with house police or military forces and attack if they refuse to comply.

If that's currently restricted to within ZoI only perhaps it could be expanded to be applicable outside of ZoI as well? Then you can continue doing what you were doing before with slightly more reasonable restrictions.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Grumblesaur - 04-04-2016

I would say that rather than deleting the line, it would make sense to leave it in but more restricted. What if we permitted Cryer ID'd pilots to engage Outcasts within Sigma-17 and -19 (Since Sigma-19 is probably their main thoroughfare into -17), and to engage Golden Chrysanthemums and Lane Hackers in Galileo and Kepler? Those aren't part of Liberty, strictly speaking, but could reasonably be considered part of their ZoI.

RE: ID Change: Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Lythrilux - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:35 PM)Haste Wrote: I think Cryer as a faction has plenty of potential things to RP. Disease outbreaks on planets (which could come with trading events where X medicine needs to be traded there, for example). Research into viruses and what not. I'd find it easier to come up with activities and suggestions to devs / admins (for events) to make the faction interesting to roleplay and fly than for your average trading faction.

The removal of this line deals with this problem:
Quote:[16:27:26] Bob (Garrett Jax): It's like my pharmacist grabbing a gun and going to down to Columbia to shoot the Drug Cartels. Not very sensible

If the current Cryer leadership can't come up with ways to keep their playerbase happy and active then maybe they shouldn't have created a player faction for the NPC faction to begin with. As I said, plenty of interesting RP avenues to 'explore'.

Cryer needs in game activity. We all know PvP is a staple of in game activity. I think you're greatly overestimating what factions can pursue to find ways to maintain their activity. Sure, it can be great and all to see Cryer painting the forums with RP, but what will they do in game? It's needlessly harsh to tell Wisp they shouldn't have even bothered if they wanted to get some in game activity via employing all of their ID lines. Given how long the staff take to get requested events set up I'm extremely skeptical a faction could ever get by via basing it's activity around that.

All this change is doing is it's needlessly stripping away something that makes the faction interesting gameplay-wise and is taking away ID attractiveness. It's also not constructive to activity or gameplay, which is what every ID change should consider.