Discovery Gaming Community
Comets in Discovery - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Comets in Discovery (/showthread.php?tid=138287)

Comets in Discovery - sasapinjic - 04-18-2016

Last night i watched Star Trek-The next generation , season 7 , Masks episode , and when i see this . . .

i tough that it would be great to have comets in this game to .
What is propose ( if can be made ) we make 5 or 6 comets , one for each house ( each one can be different color to ) that will circle between stars in perfect eclipse orbit ( for example one will go around New York sun then head toward Pennsylvania system , when reach end of map , it disaper and apeer in Pennsylvania , then Comet will go to Pennsylvania sun , go around it then go back to New York to do same thing again in circles , all that at nice slow speed of 80 .
I propose to be big as planets ( deadly as planets to , if you crash in one ) , with nice cloudy tail , around 5 k long , where sensors wont work and you can see ship only at 1 k , so it can be used to hide , good for smugglers , or anyone who want to hide or place an ambush .
I also propose that Comet rute be away from any base or trade lines ( at least 20 K ) , so it wont disrupt every day life , but later we can even have some events related to comets , like comet is on rute to hit planet , we need to evacuate planet/try to destroy it with lots of BS etc .
Opinions ?

RE: Comets in Discovery - Skorak - 04-18-2016

There is a comet in Omega-3. The Cross-Vandermeer Comet. Was/is a mining area.

RE: Comets in Discovery - sasapinjic - 04-18-2016

Quote:i tough that it would be great to have COMETS in this game to

as more that one stationary bright little thing that don't do anything ?

RE: Comets in Discovery - Skorak - 04-18-2016

I don't believe what you want is even possible.

RE: Comets in Discovery - wanderer95 - 04-18-2016

I remember back when I played Nightstalker's Universe Mod, "Asteroids" as they were called were just random but very rare npcs that would fly across your screen at a fast rate, almost at a cruise like speed. Could be the model was also just given a very high impulse speed. Anyways destroying them resulted in literally cookies being dropped but I can see them being filled with a commodity or ore if added in this way. For example.

Comets: Drop Oxygen, Water, or some type of gas depending on the region they're found.
Asteroids: Any Ore depending on region it's found in. (Omega 11 asteroid drops uncut diamonds.)

RE: Comets in Discovery - WesternPeregrine - 04-19-2016

That large planetoid in Nagano that samura mines for platinum is supposed to be a comet passing by the system, if I recall correctly.

RE: Comets in Discovery - Vulkhard Muller - 04-19-2016

(04-18-2016, 04:23 PM)wanderer95 Wrote: I remember back when I played Nightstalker's Universe Mod, "Asteroids" as they were called were just random but very rare npcs that would fly across your screen at a fast rate, almost at a cruise like speed. Could be the model was also just given a very high impulse speed. Anyways destroying them resulted in literally cookies being dropped but I can see them being filled with a commodity or ore if added in this way. For example.

Comets: Drop Oxygen, Water, or some type of gas depending on the region they're found.
Asteroids: Any Ore depending on region it's found in. (Omega 11 asteroid drops uncut diamonds.)

There is a precedent for this the dark matter storm in Alberta has fairly large moving rocks that when shot have very large and violent explosions. Id assume simply coding them to drop a certain ore and just changing their models could allow this to happen, but, this is a Dev subject.