Discovery Gaming Community
Future of houses at peace. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Future of houses at peace. (/showthread.php?tid=138314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Future of houses at peace. - Benoit - 04-19-2016

What should be the future of houses that do not have a war to fight (Kusari and Rheinland) for the players and for the RP?

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Lythrilux - 04-19-2016

Kusari is going to have civil war instead of an external conflict.
Iirc Rheinland is supposed to be mounting an offensive against the Corsairs, whilst dealing with the Hessians at the same time.

I'm not too confident either of those will fully replace the activity generating powerhouses of external wars with another House.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - sindroms - 04-19-2016

Piece is boring.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Antonio - 04-19-2016

Peace ruins faction activity, which is why Rheinland has been struggling with activity for some time now. InRP though there's no reason for them to go into another one since they're exhausted, but raids against Corsairs / Hessians could generate more activity.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - sindroms - 04-19-2016

Corsair-Outcast pews if it involved two main factions whose leaders organized daily raids during the evenings could also work.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Croft - 04-19-2016

Revolutions, internal power struggles or crusades are the only things available at this point though I would be amazed there were actual consequences. Disco never shifts from the status quo too much.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Silver - 04-19-2016

[Image: 12qwfx.jpg]

They could solve that problem of peace in a spit.
<3

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Laura C. - 04-19-2016

Rheinland should be (or at least there was plan for it) more involved in Omicrons because while inRP it can´t afford new full scale war, limited military operation in cooperation with local power (The Core) with goal to disrupt operations and supply lines of direct enemies (Order, Corsairs) closer to their territories is doable and makes sense.

ooRPly this should in future allow RM and BDM to attend on pews in Omicrons near connection to Rheinland (Rho, Delta, Lambda...and who knows, maybe they will raid Gamma one day too Smile ) and thus give them more to do.

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Vito - 04-19-2016

How about focusing on getting Dresden back instead? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Edit: I'm just saying, ignoring the fact that the hessians almost have full control of a system and they grew to the point where they build battleships and stuff while going on a wild goose chase in the omicrons doesn't sound right to me

RE: Future of houses at peace. - Laura C. - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 02:41 PM)Vito Wrote: How about focusing on getting Dresden back instead? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Edit: I'm just saying, ignoring the fact that the hessians almost have full control of a system and they grew to the point where they build battleships and stuff while going on a wild goose chase in the omicrons doesn't sound right to me
There are two problems. inRP, the system has quite little importance to waste resources on conquering it back - mining fields are depleted for long time both inRP and ooRP, and apart from them there is nothing important in the system (again both from RP and ooRP perspective).

Another ooRP problem with this is that Hessians´ advance in Dresden was attempt to spark more activity and to bring more fights between Hessians and Rheinland lawfuls. Time showed it doesn´t work. Reason probably is that you can´t raid that system, you can only wait there till someone show up, what often does not happen.

It was proved over like last two years that Rheinland unlawfuls even with combination with Sairs can not create enough sustainable and stable activity. That´s why we started looking elsewhere. The more options players have, the better (of course within boundaries of reasonable logic).