Discovery Gaming Community
Core the new Gallia? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Core the new Gallia? (/showthread.php?tid=138953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Core the new Gallia? - sindroms - 05-05-2016

All jokes and oorp qq aside, I find this fascinating.
Sirius factions are currently splitting in two sides over this matter and after I read the Core response to the IMG, I am wondering.

Are we seeing an RP storyline, where a paramilitary force is pushed into a corner and wolfed into becoming hostile to everything?
Because if that is so, I would totally take the Core as the new baddies over a house that should not even be cannon by this point.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Traxit - 05-05-2016

But we're not baddies : <

RE: Core the new Gallia? - GuapMan - 05-05-2016

we are good people.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Vendetta - 05-05-2016

The Enclave + Cerberus = The Core.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Shiki - 05-05-2016

I doubt it will be hostile to everything (even Gallia ins't, if you will look on the map). But yeah, sure parallels with Gallia can be done, totalitarian regime is trying to capture new space with force that's all about it. Though stylistic is complete different, if Gallia is just an absolute (and feudal at the same time!) monarchy then Core is some sort of corporatocratish cyberpunk thing. Core has a lot of technological RP and so on, Gallia isn't focusing on such things a lot at the moment. It might look similar, but if you will look at RP concept those two are very different things. As a player of both factions I can say that even pvp is different as well.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Sombs - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:14 PM)Sheekochan Wrote: As a player of both factions I can say that even pvp is different as well.

Right. Core doesn't win every battle. Big Grin

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Jack_Henderson - 05-05-2016

Comparison is not working.
Core is in reality a small thing. Not a huge power comparable with Gallia or any other House.
Some move like this would upset a balance in Omicrons that only got mixed up because Lyth wrote Core into a position of a small empire, which is highly debatable and not supported by lore nor the majority of the community. Therefore the comparison does not really fit.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Croft - 05-05-2016

I dont know, both are Saturday morning cartoon villians, both are viewed negatively and as poorly written and both with probably fizzle out when the drama dies down.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Sturmwind - 05-05-2016

The Core might be a small faction in itself, but the current situation shows how much influence it has. Manpower and weaponry is one thing, political influence is another. I love the situation that unfolds now, the Core basically filling in the role that Gallia should have filled in long ago.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Doria - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:42 PM)Croft Wrote: I dont know, both are Saturday morning cartoon villians, both are viewed negatively and as poorly written and both with probably fizzle out when the drama dies down.