Discovery Gaming Community
Core the new Gallia? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Core the new Gallia? (/showthread.php?tid=138953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Core the new Gallia? - nOmnomnOm - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:42 PM)Croft Wrote: I dont know, both are Saturday morning cartoon villians, both are viewed negatively and as poorly written and both with probably fizzle out when the drama dies down.

poorly written? I would love to know what you would say is something of a better written faction then.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Croft - 05-05-2016

Any faction that isn't simply "there" but has itself a history and a sense of purpose that is established by consistant motives, shaped by experiences and aware of its dependences. Both the Core and Gallia share a solid goal and the potential to be interesting in their own right but they both share the same downfall, lack of character, this is clearly shown in each respective "backstory".

Gallia spends several hundred years forming around the entire premise of "revenge", seven hundred years worth of grudge to attack the distant decedants of those who abandoned their own decendants. Now they're out of resources because they built up a revenge fleet and used up their own, so they're taking the rest to continue the cycle.
The Core went from Hunters looking for alien tech and an excuse to use caps to "OMICRON EMPIRE!" Wheres the bit inbetween that shows WHY the Core wants to set up an empire in empty space, how they manged to overcome the adversities that plague others in the region? Lack of food? Funding? Or how they've survived and actually managed to gain a foothold on the Order's/Corsairs doorstep without being murdered on sight?

Instead we get cartoon villians whose sole purpose is to be threatening and blustery without any reason to be feared other than "We say so."

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Ryummel - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 09:17 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 08:43 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: The Core might be a small faction in itself, but the current situation shows how much influence it has.
Definitely must have a lot of influence when when house military instantly jumps in to help them.
Without talking to the respective inRP government by both of them.
And even despite that military is breaking their own house laws by this stunt.
What a strong influence they must have...

the powertrip is strong in this one

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Doria - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:43 PM)Sturmwind Wrote: The Core might be a small faction in itself, but the current situation shows how much influence it has.
Definitely must have a lot of influence when when house military instantly jumps in to help them.

Shows how much the players behind said factions care about RP.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Backo - 05-06-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:53 PM)Doria Wrote:

Shows how much the players behind said factions care about RP.

Sadly not everyone can be as role play correct as Corsairs allying with SCRA allying with Outcasts allying with Order allying with Hessians all to defend the Zoners.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - nOmnomnOm - 05-06-2016

(05-05-2016, 11:40 PM)Croft Wrote: Any faction that isn't simply "there" but has itself a history and a sense of purpose that is established by consistant motives, shaped by experiences and aware of its dependences. Both the Core and Gallia share a solid goal and the potential to be interesting in their own right but they both share the same downfall, lack of character, this is clearly shown in each respective "backstory".

Gallia spends several hundred years forming around the entire premise of "revenge", seven hundred years worth of grudge to attack the distant decedants of those who abandoned their own decendants. Now they're out of resources because they built up a revenge fleet and used up their own, so they're taking the rest to continue the cycle.
The Core went from Hunters looking for alien tech and an excuse to use caps to "OMICRON EMPIRE!" Wheres the bit inbetween that shows WHY the Core wants to set up an empire in empty space, how they manged to overcome the adversities that plague others in the region? Lack of food? Funding? Or how they've survived and actually managed to gain a foothold on the Order's/Corsairs doorstep without being murdered on sight?

Instead we get cartoon villians whose sole purpose is to be threatening and blustery without any reason to be feared other than "We say so."

You could possibly request in their feedback to have them address the issues you have in their lore and write something about it instead is silently grumbling about it and complaining :|

I wish people would do the same for me and not just talk behind my back too.
I even made a thread for such suggestions for lore.

It is kinda hard for someone that is making a new faction to figure out all the questions that need to be answered on their own. Help and feedback is always welcome.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Kaghuros - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 12:38 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: You could possibly request in their feedback to have them address the issues you have in their lore and write something about it instead is silently grumbling about it and complaining :|

I wish people would do the same for me and not just talk behind my back too.
I even made a thread for such suggestions for lore.

It is kinda hard for someone that is making a new faction to figure out all the questions that need to be answered on their own. Help and feedback is always welcome.

There has been feedback on that in the past, both by myself and by Jamie, regarding Core's rewriting of their history. It was never properly addressed, and the feedback thread was remade. I doubt anyone is willing to write up a well-reasoned critique of Core overreach when it's destined for the dustbin.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Sturmwind - 05-06-2016

I'm sad to see you still don't get it, bro. I thought we went over this with Karst already.

The RM is not ignoring the government in roleplay, we simply do not acknowledge you and your friends as the government. A faction has a right whether it does or does not give authority to people outside their faction to rule over their decisions, we chose not to. IRP the government still rules over us, it's just not you guys.

Your post and the attitude of your friend simply shows how much your self-proclaimed government is about control and not compromises anyway, we don't want any of that.

If this continues to anger you, make Hessians and shoot us to vent frustration instead of derailing threads and making fake military police characters to deal with the issue.

@Doria: as one of the many outsiders who voice their opinion on a House where they don't even play, I don't blame you for not knowing that Rheinland's Omicron expansion has been in the dev's plans for at least a year. We are simply doing the roleplay behind it, since so far it had little reason to happen.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - Thyrzul - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 12:25 AM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Sadly not everyone can be as role play correct as Corsairs allying with SCRA allying with Outcasts allying with Order allying with Hessians all to defend the Zoners.

Who said they were allied? I'm not allying with anyone if on my Council I meet a Maltese and a GRN at the same time, then ignore one of them while I take the other out.

RE: Core the new Gallia? - sindroms - 05-06-2016

Eh, I think this thread can be burned before it ignites itself.