Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Faction Diplomacy Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Faction Diplomacy Changes (/showthread.php?tid=138980)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Sabru - 05-06-2016

The idea, i like. very much so.

Though I prefer the idea of a visible thread as Zayne has suggested and Thyr compounded on.

I think it'd just be making the FR5 process a bit better while being more transparent and visible which would benefit the community, allowing it to quickly keep up, ooRPly, with reputation changes between factions.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Croft - 05-06-2016

Would this system still require us to make a separate request for ID rep changes or would it be considered as part of the diplomacy request and actioned upon success?

RE: Faction Diplomacy - nOmnomnOm - 05-06-2016

I do not like this idea.
We dont need admins imo to approve with FR5 a rep from +2 to +7 .
Admins take forever to review stuff. And approve/disapprove.

And also "not enough rp to have better rep" would come up I bet.even though there would be enough in some cases.
I just dont trust thus but... Whatever.
I dont know, man. Looks like another cool dynamic of disco is going down the drain because someone is afraid to get shot .

Maybe a good thing, but looks like trust from faction leaders that should know the faction best is dwindling.

Anyway, i need time to review my rep once more and all that.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Jayce - 05-06-2016

I don't want the admins dictating whether or not I can roleplay something.

(05-06-2016, 12:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I dont know, man. Looks like another cool dynamic of disco is going down the drain because someone is afraid to get shot .

^ The truth.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Backo - 05-06-2016

But you know what will suffer the most of all this? Dynamic roleplay. You know how this whole event started? Dynamically, on the spot, it was not planned, it didn't have the dull preset agreement of people over skype if it will fly or not. And that is why it was interesting to me, it wasn't something people circlejerk over skype for a few days before doing it exactly as planned. But people got "triggered" because hurr-durr how could something happen that I did not specifically agree upon?

(05-06-2016, 06:20 AM)Karst Wrote: Edit: As somebody just told me, at this rate we'll have "Players are required to make an engagement notice two hours prior in specified forum thread" soon enough.

Pretty much. People seem to get really triggered when they get shot when they think they fly completely neutral ship. And I guess the whole Delta event wasn't enough to notify people that Delta is a war zone at this very moment.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Jayce - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 01:02 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: But you know what will suffer the most of all this? Dynamic roleplay. You know how this whole event started? Dynamically, on the spot, it was not planned, it didn't have the dull preset agreement of people over skype if it will fly or not. And that is why it was interesting to me, it wasn't something people circlejerk over skype for a few days before doing it exactly as planned. But people got "triggered" because hurr-durr how could something happen that I did not specifically agree upon?

(05-06-2016, 06:20 AM)Karst Wrote: Edit: As somebody just told me, at this rate we'll have "Players are required to make an engagement notice two hours prior in specified forum thread" soon enough.

Pretty much. People seem to get really triggered when they get shot when they think they fly completely neutral ship. And I guess the whole Delta event wasn't enough to notify people that Delta is a war zone at this very moment.

Discovery is rapidly devolving into a hugbox where the "deep and interesting roleplay community" feels they're being abused because they can't type at a ship and have it explode.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Silver - 05-06-2016

Tumblr. We are becoming tumblr.
All i got to say.

<3

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Char Aznable - 05-06-2016

Bad Idea. Hugbox Discovery is progressing even further. VERY bad Idea. Everything that I have to say about this has already been mentioned. Stop this trend, please. You're impeding RP even further.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Mephistoles - 05-06-2016

But...what if I can shoot something without it explicitly being red when I F8?

For example, what if, as GMG, I want to bump Samura up from unfriendly to hostile on our diplomacy chart as a result of an RP incident? Can they then respond with their own FR5, which would effectively ban GMG from Kusari?

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Laura C. - 05-06-2016

Some clarification would be appreciated. So we need to file a FR5 request when we want to declare someone as hostile to our faction, or when any change of diplomacy is made (like moving someone from neutral to friendly)?

Because I would say that only things that matters are declaring someone hostile or allied, there is no reason to make paperwork about minor reputation changes like from -0.1 to +0.1, or even from +0.2 to +0.3.

Also I agree that you should give some grace period to fix our outdated infopages. Otherwise you will get like five requests just from RFP, as I just found out (sorry, I can´t do everything, I´m just a human). Considering there are like 45 official factions and another like 10-20 active unofficials, you can be flooded with something between 100-400 requests. I don´t think that is what you want (and neither we).