Discovery Gaming Community
Game crashes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Game crashes (/showthread.php?tid=139385)

Game crashes - Tarator - 05-15-2016

Alright, as per a bug report, I found my game crashing every time I'm trying to buy food rations from Akabat.

Only that there's a lot more to it - I've tried on 4 different characters, 2 of which are shared. It crashes on each, every time I try buying not just food rations, but any other commodity. Also, it happens only on Akabat (so far), and only when I'm buying more than one unit of whatever commodity.

Edit: Just logged one of the chars that was left on Akabat, while having food rations in it's hold. Game crashed few seconds after logging, not buying anything.

I'm not sure whether the issue is on my end or not.
Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Game crash - Rhonkar - 05-15-2016

With another account, does it work ? Or game files corrupted perhaps.

RE: Game crash - Alley - 05-15-2016

I've tried this and couldn't reproduce the crash. It'd be nice if other players could try this so we know if it's limited to you.

RE: Game crash - Tarator - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 04:57 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: With another account, does it work ? Or game files corrupted perhaps.

Well nope, the four characters are on different accounts, it doesn't work on either of them.

However, I think it's worth mentioning that I'm semi-afk from the game, I haven't logged any other chars. I'm only logging Order once in a while to supply pobs, but that's about it. The issue emerged right after the major Omicron overhaul, and I haven't touched my game folder since it was created.

(05-15-2016, 04:59 PM)Alley Wrote: I've tried this and couldn't reproduce the crash. It'd be nice if other players could try this so we know if it's limited to you.

Thanks Alley. We'll find out soon enough I guess, I've asked some faction mates to try and buy whatever commodity from Akabat with the said shared accounts, will get back to you with results.

Edit: Also, I bought stuff from Mesk, Taba and Thebes without any crashes, with the same chars that crash on Akabat.
I've also tried buying stuff with other accounts/chars from other places, in Liberty for example. All works well. So far it happens only on Akabat, with whatever chars.

RE: Game crash - axisdeus - 05-15-2016

Also happened to me on O'Rhu|LS-Montana. I assume would be the same for Arukett.

RE: Game crash - Arbs - 05-15-2016

Okay, so I tried the same thing, using different characters on different accounts, one of them being a fighter and the other two transports.

So what i did was:

1. Dock or log on my ship in akabat
2. Click the Commodity icon.
3. Buy something.
4. Click the launching pad icon (the one that takes you to the launch bay not the one that makes you undock)
5. aand shaaazzaam back to Desktop.

I think trying this may reproduce the crash.

If someone would ask me to point at what I think is causing it, I'd say it's Akabat itself. Either the new commodities added to it or probably the new planet animations introduced on the base.

RE: Game crash - Tarator - 05-15-2016

Alright, so far it looks like an Akabat related issue. Tried some other accounts/chars, they crash on Akabat, but not on Taba or any other stations.

RE: Game crash - Xoria - 05-15-2016

Alley and I have localized the cause of the crash. Entering the commodity dealer room then trying to go back to the launchpad causes a crash. Until this is fixed, avoid the commodity dealer on Akabat entirely. Food rations, oxygen, and water are available at Freeport 11 if there is an immediate base supply problem. You can also get oxygen from Taba.