Discovery Gaming Community
To: Inspekteur Clausewitz -|- Subj.: Transportation of people in unfitting ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Inspekteur Clausewitz -|- Subj.: Transportation of people in unfitting ships (/showthread.php?tid=139757)

To: Inspekteur Clausewitz -|- Subj.: Transportation of people in unfitting ships - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 05-25-2016

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: Leopold_Richter.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Bundesminister der Justiz Leopold Richter
SOURCE: Hauptsitz der Bundesministerium der Justiz, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Transportation of people in unfitting ships

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Inspekteur Clausewitz, bundesminister Richter hier. I hope everything is going gut with you.

We didn´t meet nor speak since my announcement about invalidating of cargo scans except those submitted by members of house law enforcement authorities. I hope there is no issue between us because of it. After all, Bundesministeriums der Justiz did only what it had to, there was no other choice how to prevent possible massive problems.

Anyway, today I want to talk with you about something else - appeal of Orbital Spa and Cruise to government to change legislation to improve the protection of passengers from shipping in unsuitable conditions.

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT

So far, members of the government are in favor of the proposal mostly as well as members of Bundestag, because image of transporting crowded people in cargo bays without appropriate safety features or sanitary facilities like a...cattle, sounds really horrible. Not only it is not comfortable, but it is likely even dangerous because people might be hurt or even killed during some maneuvers of the spaceship or during long flight without proper life support systems.

We wouldn´t be first who would regulate human cargo transportation since Liberty already did it as far as we know, but before we move forward with this possible law change, we would like to know what you think about it and what experience federal polizei has with this issue.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Bundesminister der Justiz Leopold Richter

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

RE: To: Inspekteur Clausewitz -|- Subj.: Transportation of people in unfitting ships - Kaiserliche Polizei Rheinlands - 05-28-2016

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Clausewitz.jpg]

IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Laura Clausewitz
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Re: Transportation of people in unfitting ships

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter bundesminister Richter.

There is no issue between us. While I disagree with the regulation regarding cargo scans from third parties because - as you yourself mentioned - it has negative impact on fight against smuggling, there is nothing I can do about it except waiting for your solution. I have to hope legal consultants will find it soon. We didn´t spoke simply because I´m quite busy lately and I also had to recover from the flu.

Now to the issue at hand. I can say on behalf of all officers which fly regular patrols that federal polizei would welcome any regulation of human cargo transportation. It makes us sometimes really upset when we see solely cargo ships transporting thousands of people in their cargo bay, which was shortly before full of ore or hull panels for example. Just look at these few examples which I took from our patrol database...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2 3 4 5 6

These scans are just from last month. Colossus, Mastodon, Golem or Border Worlds Transport definitely aren´t ships which should be allowed to transport large amount of people, but officers see them quite regularly in this role. Unfortunately they can do nothing about it at this moment. Even when we, during onboard checks, directly see those people suffering from poor travelling conditions - for which they sometimes paid absolutely inappropriate sums, we have no tool which would allow us to act.

To conclude - federal polizei fully supports any regulation which would forbid use of unfitting ships for transportation of people and would give us tool to punish those which will do it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Inspekteur Clausewitz

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]
END OF THE MESSAGE

RE: To: Inspekteur Clausewitz -|- Subj.: Transportation of people in unfitting ships - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 05-29-2016

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: Leopold_Richter.jpg]

IDENTIFICATION: Bundesminister der Justiz Leopold Richter
SOURCE: Hauptsitz der Bundesministerium der Justiz, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Re: Transportation of people in unfitting ships

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Inspekteur Clausewitz.

It´s gut to hear that we can cooperate even despite some differences appear. I also wish you to recover quickly from your illness.

Anyway, I am glad that we see the issue of regulating transportation of passengers similarly. Danke for the examples you provided, I will submit them to other members of government as well as to Bundestag representatives so they will be able to see that this problem is real in Rheinland too. I am quite sure that you will get some tool how to stop these inhuman transports of people soon, support of legal change towards it is massive.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Bundesminister der Justiz Leopold Richter

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=