Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 (/showthread.php?tid=140000)

Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - Arioch - 06-03-2016

{AFC}-Kraken[P] has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.(There is a 5 minute window after death in which you can leave the system with an empty ship.)

Consequences:

You have to let someone leave the system if they choose to after a PVP death. Docking from an engagement is PVP death. You don't shoot him right after when he's trying to leave.

Star01 has been warned for:

Quote:2.1 System and local chats are to be kept in roleplay and in English at all times. Any OOC (Out of character) chat should be marked with " // " and only used when absolutely necessary. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

Consequences:

You docked, then undocked to leave the system, but you dropped a couple ooRP lines, without the "//" even. Since you were trying to get away, a warning is all that's needed. Remember to PM someone if you need to speak ooRP, and only when absolutely necessary can you give ooRP lines in local. Don't do it again please.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - nOmnomnOm - 06-03-2016

Ok this isnt fair at all.
He combat docked and then came right back out. In all my years of playing I have NEVER seen this type of behavior at all for a ship to run and hug a base and then dock, and then come back out and demand to not be shot again and make it as if he cannot be targeted again. How is this not considered abusive gameplay?
And I am getting sanctioned for it? He even resupplied on his ammo as far as i know! How is that being empty.

RE: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - Arioch - 06-03-2016

He docked, thus PVP dead. As per the rule, someone who is PVP dead is allowed to leave the system (yes, even if they repair/reload bots/bats) within 5 minutes. Not sure how much more clear it can get. You are supposed to allow him to leave. If he engaged you after docking, completely different story.

RE: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - nOmnomnOm - 06-03-2016

But i have never seen a player ever combat dock and then fly out right after and he is then not allowed to be shot? ehhh...
if that is how you want your rules set up... then ok

Isnt it an exploit if the ship would be operating in one system and then combat docks in another system and then comes back out as is allowed to not get shot and then he goes back to the same system he was operating in? And isnt it an exploit it the ship will do this over and over again?

Example:
Operating in texas to pirate.
-Runs to buffalo and docks and then comes back out and goes back to Texas
Runs and combat docks in california and then goes back to Texas.
runs and combat docks in Bering and then goes back to Texas.
Runs and combat docks in Hudson and then goes back to texas.

A pirate pirating in texas can do this if we are following this rule.

RE: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - nOmnomnOm - 06-04-2016

(06-03-2016, 06:36 PM)Drrobe Wrote: There is a 5 minute window after death in which you can leave the system with an empty ship.

Additionally, this rule never states that the ship can leave the system freely with no harm.
Where does it say that in the rules?
It just says the ship has 5 mins to leave the system or else they need to log out. It does not mention that the ship can leave containing a powerstar for invisibility.
[Image: 150px-Captain_toad_powerstar.png]

I would suggest before claiming fault of others for breaking a 'rule' such as this that the admins must first clearly write it into the rules.
This is not my fault if the rules are not written correctly. It is the fault of the ones who didn't write it correctly in the first place.

Like do you not see how this rule makes no sense?
Someone could dock after base hugging for a long time and then come out again and have 5 more minutes to base hug and taunt a player that has already killed them.

RE: Player Sanctioned: {AFC}-Kraken[P], Player Warned: star01 - nOmnomnOm - 06-04-2016

May i also see the evidence presented for this sanction, please.