Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Drake - 03-25-2009

Edinburgh JH to Tau-31, comes out near Harris (under Bretonian control). Fly around the north side of the system (no Kusari there), take the (Bretonian) gate to Tau-23 and the (Bretonian) BMM base waiting on the other side. Fly through the neutral Outcasts and IMG of the system to take a JH to Kyushu. Ta-da. Then there are other JHs which leed to other parts of Kusari, which are the same ones that (our friends) the GC use.

' Wrote:Now it all becomes clear, whats good for the goose is obviously not good for the gander when it comes to Bretonia. The Bretonains should be able to operate all throughout Kusari from the far corner of Tau 23 and a single base in Kusari (ainu). Thats right all this talk about having bases to use in Kusari, you have a total of ONE freindly base anywhere in Kusari. While the AFA and Hogosha should not be allowed to operate in Bretonia while we have clear operations points and supply lines to be able to allow us to do it. Someone mentioned something about strategy earlier?
Well, the thing is, neither the AFA or Hogosha are part of the KNF, nor does their ZoI include Bretonia. The Privateer ZoI does include Kusari, even though the rest of the BAF lack that ZoI, and their purpose is to disrupt trade in Kusari. The AFA and Hogosha should not be directly allying with the KNF in the first place, and they should be doing what their factions are supposed to do: For the AFA, that's disrupting foreign trade in Kusari. They aren't special forces for the KNF, they're quasi-unlawful political and/or criminal groups.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - bluntpencil2001 - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:I was saying that they are technically some of your best pilots if you automatically assign them Lt. Cdr. status or whatever it is. Obviously I don't know about the players' skill levels.
You bring up an excellent example Mr. Blunt! When Russia was invaded by Napoleon, did they decide that the best course of action was to invade Paris? NO! Emperor Alexander had Moscow burned to the ground so that Napoleon's men couldn't make use of it.

So if you want to go by historical examples, I would suggest you release ebola into the Leeds atmosphere so that Kusari can never get its grubby paws on it. :lol:

Or, if you want to disrupt supply lines, do it in the Taus.

His supplies were hit in the Ukraine too...

And other examples involve, you know, real Privateers, who would attack behind enemy lines, the real Fortunatus Wright capturing French ships in the Middle East. You know, not the English Channel.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Zelot - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:Edinburgh JH to Tau-31, comes out near Harris (under Bretonian control). Fly around the north side of the system (no Kusari there), take the (Bretonian) gate to Tau-23 and the (Bretonian) BMM base waiting on the other side. Fly through the neutral Outcasts and IMG of the system to take a JH to Kyushu. Ta-da. Then there are other JHs which leed to other parts of Kusari, which are the same ones that (our friends) the GC use.

Well, the thing is, neither the AFA or Hogosha are part of the KNF, nor does their ZoI include Bretonia. The Privateer ZoI does include Kusari, even though the rest of the BAF lack that ZoI, and their purpose is to disrupt trade in Kusari. The AFA and Hogosha should not be directly allying with the KNF in the first place, and they should be doing what their factions are supposed to do: For the AFA, that's disrupting foreign trade in Kusari. They aren't special forces for the KNF, they're quasi-unlawful political and/or criminal groups.

When did you become the foremost expert of AFA rp? Because, the AFA's Zoi has included Bretonia for quite a long time, /sarcasm/ I wish you had been here earlier to tell me that I have been doing it wrong? /sarcasm/ What does annoy me, is that the Privateers cant seem to be able to handle any legitimate criticism without making it about the person criticizing. You think the AFA shouldnt be operating in Bretonia? We have a feedback thread too, pity that it only gets used when you feel someone is attacking you. Blunty and Drake, as you have been so kind as to ignore any legitimate questions and issues brought up here, I withdraw, as I have found arguing with a brick wall is not the most practical use of my time. If you really wish to discuss the AFA's operations in Bretonia, as I said, we have a feedback thread.

Yer legit questions got answered. Not my fault you didn't like the answers.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Drake - 03-25-2009

I believe we've quite well answered any questions and points brought up here, just as we've done in the past. Read through the thread, I'm sure you'll find them. As a matter of fact, there's not a single anti-Privateer point made in this thread which hasn't been brought up, and shot down, several times before. Targeting Liberty ships? Covered that. Getting to Kusari? Covered that. Getting around Kusari? Covered that too.

Yep.

I never brought up the AFA/Hogosha before because I don't like to whine, unlike some people. I'd like to see just where exactly it says the AFA ZoI includes Bretonia? If it did, then they'd be a Bretonian unlawful faction, not a Kusari semi-unlawful faction. Remember, just because you're an ally to a particular faction doesn't mean you can go wherever that faction can go.
Quote:The Farmer's Alliance (FA) is a small organization which partakes in terrorist activities in Kusari against foreign companies, most notable of which is Synth Foods.

I think the Admiral and his cronies deserve medals for this.:P

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - darthbeck - 03-25-2009

any more questions the enemy's of bretonia wish to make?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - ugliestmoose - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:His supplies were hit in the Ukraine too...

And other examples involve, you know, real Privateers, who would attack behind enemy lines, the real Fortunatus Wright capturing French ships in the Middle East. You know, not the English Channel.

The Ukraine =/= France. My point stands. I WIN! :yahoo:

No seriously, so in the 17th and 18th centuries privateers worked the Middle East, but by your reasoning they also sailed up the Seine and parked themselves at the Parisian gates (does Paris have gates?)

I get that game mechanics permit you to do it, but that doesn't make it particularly RP, and really, I don't see what you get out of it. All you end up with are pissed off traders who spam the forums:)

' Wrote:The Ukraine =/= France. My point stands. I WIN! :yahoo:

No seriously, maybe in the 17th and 18th centuries privateers could infiltrate the Middle East, but by your reasoning they also sailed up the Seine and parked themselves in at the Parisian gates (does Paris have gates?)

I get that game mechanics permit you to do it, but that doesn't make it particularly RP, and really, I don't see what you get out of it. All you end up with are pissed off traders who spam the forums:)

The British burned Washington DC in 1812...

That was behind enemy lines.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - ugliestmoose - 03-25-2009

' Wrote:The British burned Washington DC in 1812...

That was behind enemy lines.

Britain = Kusari in your example. America = Bretonia. The Americans did not make it to London.

Bring it, blunt. I got all day.